The Commander After Stetmann

really want to see the Overmind with all BW units

3 Likes

Kate Lockwell or bust

2 Likes

“Bust,” eh? I admit, she does have quite the luxurious bosom, which of course should mean much less than her stalwart advocacy of Raynor’s Raiders in as morally-polluted environment as UNN.

But, let’s face it, in a dangerous universe, a luxurious bosom counts for a lot. See ya in the straightjacket, Donny!

2 Likes

Anyone think that the next Commander will come before Blizzcon? I’m going to guess during Blizzcon.

I’m still thinking it’ll be Terran. Most likely Tosh or Valerian.

I’m hoping we will get several more Commanders before Blizzard stops supporting Co Op. I’m hoping we get Selendis, Rohana, Ji’nara, Tosh, Valerian, Arcturus, Warfield, Izsha, Overmind and Niadra.

1 Like

I was right about both Zeratul and Mecha Zerg being the next commanders at those respective points in time.

My next educated prediction is Selendis, followed by Tosh, and then Niadra.

Arcturus Mengsk and Valerian Mengsk are both possibilities, as well as Tassadar and the Overmind.

2 Likes

I don’t know how much of a joke you intended with Kate Lockwell, but I’ll bite:

1. She sets SCVs to mine resources so they can shoot broadcasts. That in turn notifies the galaxy, letting her “summon” units and buildings from all the other COs. You could make this into an RNG thing (yeah, “dirty” word, depending on which COs are available at the time), or have some curated subset of units from 1 CO, or combos of buildings and COs spanning multiple Commanders
  2. She and Valerian end up being a “tag team” CO like HH. :heart_eyes: Valerian has the military might of the Dominion, but Lockwell could provide intel, scouting, and even boost Morale if we’re willing to introduce a new mechanic (e.g. akin to Zeratul’s Artifact Fragments, or Stetalites)
  3. If Valerian ever gets made into a CO, like #1, she accesses a subset of them, but could have priority/higher access to his units and buildings over the other COs

If nothing else, I’d like for them to push for a Terran CO, for the sake of symmetry. We have 6 P and Z COs, but only 5 Terran. My “votes” would be Warfield, Tosh, Dr. Hanson, or Valerian, but if it ends up being someone different, then I’m sure I’d be fine in that too. Case in point was I was pleased how Stetmann turned out.

2 Likes

I always knew that Zeratul could be a Commander. However, I didn’t see Stettman as the Mecha Swarm Commander.

My biggest hope now is a full Daelaam Commander for Protoss (Rohana works well), I want Tosh as next Terran and next Zerg I’m hoping for is Izsha.

1 Like

I got a little excited when I read “Kate Lockwell” and ”I’ll bite” in the same sentence. :joy:

Should I put Rule 34 to the test and see if that fine fox Miss Kate did interstellar p0rn to pay for her journalism degree? (I bet she did…) :rofl:

Given the presence of Tychus and Zeratul as commanders who are already dead, I’d love to see the Overmind as my top choice for the next Zerg commander.

For the Terrans, I’d love Valarian, though Tosh would also be cool.

And for Protoss, Selendis would be great, but Tassadar is also a cool option.

4 Likes

I’m so disappointed about that weirdo Stetman being a commander. I think Dr Hanson or Valerian could have had that controlling mecha Zerg role better, but if they want a circus, whatever…

I’m now just holding my hope for Tosh, Dr Hanson or Valerian as the next one. And a bit later would be happy if they finally release Izsha.

3 Likes

Izsha would make a great Commander. I’m thinking she could drop in units anywhere on the field where she has vision. She could even drop defense structures. In Heart of the Swarm structures would drop from the sky during the Final invasion.

How 'bout a Zerg that plays like a protoss? Though personally I’m still hoping for Tosh.

2 Likes

Well with Stetmann’s intro, it did open up Rohanna as an option, but I doubt Daelaam would be her preference; I imagine her more being Khalai main forces.

Anyway, my money is on Reigel being a sort of experimental tech commander.

2 Likes

I believe Rohana is the only one left to become the Daelaam Commander. Selendis will most likely be focused on the Golden Armada meaning she’ll most likely get Golden Age skins. Rohana is the only one left with the experience with the Daelaam to lead a force made up of the 4 Protoss factions.

Having a Daelaam Commander is one of my most wanted Commanders.

1 Like

She’s too old fashioned, imo, to lead such a combined force. Selendis may be more open to that, though.

1 Like

Well we could also pitch in for Urun. He doesn’t die (spoiler alert) until shadow wars anyway so he’s pretty much alive during co-op.

1 Like

Selendis nor Urun have much experience working with Purifier nor Tal’darim.

Rohana has grown a lot. She was old fashioned but learned to embraced the new world she now lives in after severing her own nerve cords because Artanis convinced her to do so. She stood with the rest of the Daelaam in the end. I believe that Artanis would be more than willing to entrust a few forces to go under Rohana’s command much like he did with Karax. If the forces were willing to follow a Phasesmith; I have no doubt they’d follow someone of the high level as a Grand Preserver.

I mean she has more to do with the Daelaam than Stettman has to do with the “Mecha Swarm”.

1 Like

As I recall, Selendis was always fairly suspicious and distrusting of the Nerazim, so I imagine she’d distrust the Tal’darim even more. I would definitely like to see her as a Golden Armada commander, focused on Protoss Air Superiority. Give me dat Mothership baby!

2 Likes

I’m actually gonna defend Stettman being the Mecha Swarm commander, because in WoL, his entire job was adapting Zerg and Protoss technology for Terran use, so him creating mechanical Zerg with power field technology at least reminiscent of Protoss technology seems to me like the logical (or perhaps insane) conclusion of his research. Stettman wouldn’t have been my first choice for the next commander by any means, but what they did with him makes sense to me.

5 Likes

I’m not saying he didn’t make sense. He does. However, I don’t think anyone (or barely anyone) claimed that Stettman would be in control of the Mecha Swarm. I mostly saw either The Simulant Overmind/Cerebrate or Reigel being claimed to be their Commander.

2 Likes