The Commander After Stetmann

please stop with this end of starcraft 2 support nonsense. heroes of the storm was never an as large game as starcraft 2. it is after all free to play while starcraft 2 is partially free to play(3 co-op commanders, multiplayer and 1 campaign) while more than half of it costs money(3 campaigns and the other co-op commanders). as for what commander they will add next: i have no idea. i never predicted stetmann. here is the commanders that have been datamined: Arcturus Mengsk
Ariel Hanson
Gabriel Tosh
Horace Warfield
Valerian Mengsk
Izsha
Overmind
Protoss
Rohana
Selendis
Tassadar

That idea with Rohana is interesting :open_mouth: st like “Tychus-like” protoss or whatever :smiley: I´d love to play with Spectres too, bcs tychus also has Ghost and Spectre and we already have a ghost. That´s why I´d like to see a commander using Warhounds and HERCs in later times.

Who do you think of the Protoss makes more sense to build 2 Probes at the same time? Selendis or Rohana?

I think Selendis makes more sense.

I don’t think it makes any sense for any Protoss commander to be able to build two probes at the same time. Protoss as an entire race have Chronoboost on their Nexus by default, with most having a mastery that makes it even better. They already produce workers far faster and easier than everyone else; they seriously don’t need double production at Nexii. Two of them have automated assimilators as it is, and one of them doesn’t even have to pay minerals for them since they are built for free, requiring even less worker production.

If anyone needs double production town halls, it’s got to be a Terran commander with Command Center Reactor.

1 Like

maybe we will know tonight. there is a scheduled maintanance. that is when they release new patches. could even be that they are including a commander in that patch. last time they announced the new commander when it went live. it is only speculation however. i do not know if they will release a commander tonight.

Speculative but almost certainly a total miss.

Every commander that has been released in September was revealed at Gamescom - Alarak in 2016, Dehaka in 2017 and Tychus last year. Blizzard was a no show this year.

If they have a new one in the works, it’s most likely going to show up for BlizzCon.

3 Likes

stetmann was not shown anywhere until he was released and he was the last one released.

No, there was a teaser for Stetmann:

2 Likes

You might be right. I remembered that Zagara could make 2 Drones at a time so, I thought maybe Protoss should at least have 1 Commander who can do the same.

As for the next Commander being announced before Blizzcon? Doubtful. I’d love for it to happen though because then we’d get 2 more Commanders before the end of the year but, that is unlikely. :cry:

I think Stetmann just saw the original Simulant project when Raynor’s Raiders was allied with Umojans, and then he replicated them, for this the original Simulants ant the Statmann’s Simulants are nearly completly identical

L800 ETC to coincide with the release of WC3R!

That’s what I was thinking too. Stetmann didn’t directly copy the Simulant Zerg project, but figured he could do better, and use that as an excuse to get high on Terrazine. Having prior knowledge gave him a boost in all that.

That said, I am looking forward to his next comic in the Warchest.

1 Like

I feel silly because I never saw the “Ihan-rii” being in the War Chest as it seemed to me that it’d be obvious that the Nerazim would be chosen. Granted I wasn’t aware of them before but boy was I wrong about the Nerazim actually being next.

I will say that I want Nerazim skins in the next War Chest. However, knowing my luck; It will actually be either Purifier structures or Ihan’rii structures. Granted; I’d like to see Ihan-rii structures and maybe… an Ihan-rii Commander? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Zeratul is the Ihan-rii commander.

btw, I think the next skinsets will be: Mira’s Marauders structures, Leviathan Brood strcutures? and Purifiers or Ihan-rii structures

1 Like

No, he is not the Ihan-rii Commander. He has a few units that are based on Xel’naga tech.

Not to mention I’d like an actual Ihan-rii character to lead them. Unfortunately, we don’t have one yet. Maybe if Blizzard gives us a new Mission pack to introduce them?

leviathan brood is using the default structures. the next war chest however could be ihan-ri, tyrador and cerberus structure skins.

Zeratul’s Stalkers, Immortals, Observer and Disruptors have the Ihan-rii skins, so… yhea, Zeratul is the Ihan-rii commander, is dumb say the opposite, since he literally use that skins,the skins lore too confirm the connection they have with Zeratul and the fact that they are strongly related to Xel’naga.

Zagara originally used the regular units skins, then they changed with the Leviathan, they can do this with strctures too, but I’m too are not quite sure about the Leviathan broods, but since I think Primals buildings will not have a proper skin set (since Primals have totally different buildings) the only possibilities are: Leviathan or Cerberus at this point.

1 Like

Zeratul is not the Ihan-rii Commander. He is as much the Ihan-rii Commander as Tychus is the Umojan Commander.

We need a proper Ihan-rii Commander. a few unit skins don’t make Zeratul the Ihan-rii Commander.

Yes it make it.
And Tychus don’t have ANY Umojan skins, his units have skins similars to the Umojans, but not the same, the only Umojan skin used by Tychus is the Medivac, and that is not even a proper unit.
But Zeratul have units with the exactly same Ihan-rii skins, so, yhea, he is the Ihan-rii commander, and he is even to only possible character to fill this role, since… well… don’t exist any Ihan-rii character.