Terran is the least micro intensive race

Real talk, zerg and protoss micro are a lot harder and have a higher opportunity cost than Terran micro

Diamond league Terran players think they are hot stuff because Terran is gifted with ranged units capable of dramatic looking but relatively easy and straight forward micro.

splitting and kiting with the most versatile, cost efficient unit comp in the game, bio, is not impressive when you consider that zerg players have to do the same thing except with more fragile units with lower dps, without the godly medivac, and no tank/liberator/WM cover fire to run back to when things get difficult. also, a monkey could stutter step with stimmed bio lol

kiting with one of the fastest ground units in the game that has more DPS than a carrier is not that impressive

sieging and unsieging is not a matter of micro, but of timing

banshee micro is a joke compared to muta/oracle micro

left clicking around with an in invincible capital ship and teleporting back to impenetrable terran sim city to get it repaired is joke “micro”

where is the micro involved when a terran player sets and forgets a widow mine that usually pays for itself in spades? or when thors, the ultimate a-move unit, are used? or when a terran turtles into mech/bcs?

Terran gets the lion’s share of smart target fire AI units

compare it to zerg and protoss

Zerg - on top of having the hardest macro in the game, has brutal micro requirements such as:

Pre split armies

flank/surround

baneling control

roach burrow micro

transfuse

bile

dodge storms (not dodging storms is more punishing for zerg than terran since no medivacs)

avoiding splash (zerg have the least durable units so it’s most consequential for zerg)

viper abduct while staying away from Viking/ghost

ling split to bait WM shot

muta micro/magic box

worst turtling ability out of any race = need more micro to defend base

least durable units out of any race = any damage done to zerg units is more consequential

add this to the fact that Zerg has the hardest macro in the game and you have the most mechanically difficult race in the game.

Protoss:

warp prism micro

blink micro

widow mine baiting

phoenix micro

oracle micro

sentry use

high templar use

disruptor use

control of all the abilities protoss relies on

tempest kiting

Protoss is a race based on units having abilities. If a protoss player doesn’t control his army properly it evaporates without doing much damage in return.

Basically, a lot of Terran players are deluded into thinking that Terran is the “micro race”…please stop embarrassing us rational Terran players

everyone else knows that the opposite is true. Zerg > Protoss >>>> Terran in terms of micro requirements

28 Likes

Troll posts are getting weirder every day.

(Also: “roach burrow micro” LUL, this one made me laugh so hard. Good one.)

35 Likes

calls me a troll and doesnt know what roach burrow micro is

1 Like

You need to factor in supply while talking about durability by the way.

4 Likes

His 300 IQ operates on level we can not comprehend. Just be humbled by his intelect and leave him alone.

17 Likes

even protoss has more micro potential than a terran. prism/immortal micro takes a higher iq than any terran is capable of having. not to say, oracles have the hardest micro in the game when it comes to worker harassing.
terran is the easiest race to play and the strongest. blizzard made terran to be noob-friendly so that new players can jump right into the game, but blizzard should take a step back and actually balance the game for all races properly.

7 Likes

Doesn’t seem a troll post to me. All things opp posted are factually correct. It is an open secret that the majority of terran units are AI-driven.
I would like to see just for a week our deluded-friends manage manually WM and Lib targeting the way Protoss do with Disruptors.
Have us not seen the amount of terran-QQ when complaining about maybe the only unit that requires a protoss-control-micro - Ghost?

What is their QQ about Ghost? That Ghost is soo - soo -soo hard to use. Yea, half of Protoss units are like Ghosts.
Give me a break!

13 Likes

Zerg has the most macro
Protoss has the most ability micro
Terran has the most unit micro.

10 Likes

He states terran micro is harder than zerg in his OP XD. Terran has to do the same but with an added complexity provided by libs/siege tanks/ WM. xD but don’t worry guys the sc2 community doesn’t understand sc2. This guy has to be the biggest troll on battlenet. It’s got me wondering where is Flack?

13 Likes

Try reading my post again…maybe this time a bit slower.

Maybe you will understand it, then.

2 Likes

Read it again came to the same conclusion. Also what zerg players are using abduct in the face of viking ghosts? There’s only one game scenario where this would be the appropriate ability but I wonder if the arbiter of all things sc2 can tell us.

6 Likes

Calls you a troll because you’re very obviously biased with a hidden profile. Trying to prove a point that doesn’t exist.

9 Likes

It’s a matter of positioning.

They have the same micro requirements: Stay away from things that shoot up while kiting/killing workers or stationary targets. Except Banshees usually lead the Terran to losing the game for making them, given how easily they’re countered.

Terran has to do this to or they lose to an a-move baneling swarm.

Terran and Protoss can both do this too and both benefit. Zealot flanks can usually kill Terrans.

Almost the same as blink micro or pulling hurt units back, but hardly anyone actually does this.

This is more proof you don’t know what you’re talking about.

They’re the most fragile because they’re the easiest to replace with the right macro. Terran bio on the other hand die just as fast and are harder to replace when dealing with AoE. Again, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I see people yolo their Vipers anyway because it’s a worthwhile trade for a Viper to abduct X number of Tanks or Liberators.

Basically just pressing Stop or Hold Position while they spread themselves then you just right-click then Stop Command. It’s just as simple as stutter stepping Marines while kiting.

This is another wrong and bias statement. Creep by itself keeps most players away because it gives Zerg an advantage. Movement and vision, basically the best defense you could ask for if you don’t suck at spreading creep and Overlords to have the ability to get into a defensive position before the attack gets there.

Once again, very biased. Even when I off-race Zerg it’s not actually “hard” it’s just tedious. It’s equally difficult as Terran or Protoss macro and only because you have to inject your hatcheries regularly and manage larva while Terran and Protoss have to simcity the same structures to have a similar/competitive production level.

It’s pretty obvious you’re not a Terran player or you wouldn’t make at least half of this post as stupid as it is.

This applies to all three races.

No, they all require a fair amount of micro and macro. The styles are just different and you’re too blind to see that.

Finally, nobody actually thinks that highly of themselves unironically. I’ve noticed that more people of each race consider themselves as “bad players” because there are much better players above our level. Of course, you’re just here to stir the pot but I figure I’d take a bite and respond.

18 Likes

I would LOVE if WM changed places with disruptor… Finaly some proper Terran AOE.

4 Likes

Yea, on top of having the most DPS intensive (3 - 50 mineral-marines have the DPS of the Carrier) you should have even more AOE.
The point is that even in this state terrans have more AOE that they deserve for the game to be balanced and half of that is AI-driven…

1 Like

You sure as hell know a lot about terran micro, too bad with your rank you havent even figured out how to make workers without stopping

2 Likes

LOL, the opp touched one of the “Sacred Cows” of the terran-delusion. The amount of terran-salt is impressive.
Sure, BerserkerSword knows how to make terrans sing and dance in the same time. He is rising fast in the scale of terran-hate…

Unconfirmed sources inside Goba Corp. have revealed that Dr. Goba (no less) is considering to offer BersekerSword the High-Position of Chief of the Department of the Counter-Terran-Propaganda and fighter of Terran-Fake-News.
His physical incolumity will be assigned to 6 DT and 3 Ultralisks.

1 Like

We get it, SC2 is a hard game for every race and player. You don’t need to engage in hyperbole to prove that.

6 Likes

What you are witnessing is a mental breakdown from someone that has multiple personalities and forum accounts.

7 Likes

Showtime: “Terran is the hardest race.”
David Kim: "The reason there are no foreigners that play Terran is the micro is too difficult for them…:
Harstem: “The macro is difficult with Terran because the builds are so tight, if your medivac is 5 seconds late, utndoes nothing.”
Beastyqt “Terran looks fine at the highest lecels, but it’s the hardest race…”
Lowko (streamer/GM Zerg): “Terran is harder than Zerg… objectively, Terran is a harder race than Zerg.”

Nobody Zerg forum poster: “actually Terran is the easiest race!”

Wow. I’m convinced, Gatz, tell me more.

Nobody Zerg forum poster: "

17 Likes