Starcraft keeps hard crashing my computer

every time i open the game it freezes my computer it wont close and i cant get the task manager window to work and i have to restart my computer i have windows 11, intel i7 prossesor , amd 6700 xt, drives are up to date. stoped working only today never hapened untill today and its only starecraft.

3 Likes

I’m having an issue only when I go to custom games tab… so I open the game and no issue. I go to campaign, no issue. I go to co-op campaign with no issue… but when I go to custom tab all the game lobbies dont load properly and have a loading circle, and then after a few seconds the game stops responding.

5 Likes

Same here. Went to custom tab, game freezes, forced me to hard restart. Never ever had an issue ever before.

i7-8700k and a 3070 ti. been playing for 2 weeks no issues.

3 Likes

Myself and a friend are currently experiencing the same issue described by OP. Must be some type of outage on Blizzard’s end. It doesn’t show that they are doing any maintenance right now.

2 Likes

Same here. Game starts up but once I click custom tab, Freeze. I checked drivers than ran repair tool. Clicked again on Custom Tab, Freeze. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Clicked Custom Tab, Freeze. Glad I was not alone with this problem.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. When I go to custom games the game crashes, I cant leave, and I have to restart my computer

1 Like

My friend and I are also having the same problem. He had experienced first but now is affecting me as well. Can’t get to task manager to end task but requires restart or new “desktop”.

going to try a non north american server.

1 Like

Same here, it will freeze when click into custom games

Changing regions doesn’t fix the issue. Tried Europe, same thing, game froze when I hit custom and forced me to hard restart.

jsut crashed again… but it works in Asia

This is because a player has uploaded maps onto the Arcade with names that run html formatting in a way that freezes your client. They have lobbies hosted that freeze it. This was used in a similar way for the reviews section of maps like Parasite, where upon entering it and scrolling down, your comp would freeze due to it loading the message that contained said html formatting.

I have tried all different region. None works. All freezes and needs to restart PC

Amazing that the trolls of Parasite have gone this far…

I bet its the same people trolling my friends new map lol

same issue, freezing on custom games menu, doesn’t load, can’t quit, have to restart computer :frowning:

Same issue, freezes when I go to custom, file check and everything came back clear. adjusting setting doesn’t seem to work either

Because thats not the issue. Theres malicious intent going on here, someone is purposely doing this.

Temporary partial solution:
Go to campaign tab, then instead of “official” choose “custom”.
It doesn’t load the existing lobbies like the regular custom tab, so you can use your bookmarks to create a new lobby for a specific game you want (not just campaigns) and invite people directly or play solo.
Doesn’t help if you want to just join random but it’s something.
Also when game over, it does load the custom lobbies again and it’ll crash again but you can prob get in one game at least.
Or just wait and Blizzard will prob fix eventually.

Rebooted. It’s working for me now, but the lobby names are implying some malicious work is at play. I took a screenshot but idk how to share it here.

Nor do I want to get banned for repeating some of the language.

if you open task manager when the game “ends” but you dont hit quit you can close sc2 without freezing

OK FIRST OFF AND MOST IMPORTANTLY STEER CLEAR OF SC2 ARCADE ALLTOGETHER. Without giving away too much info to those who would make this worse trust me on that at least. This vulnerability goes deep.

secondly its not just “someone messing with servers” its a lot more intricate then that. Forgive my lack of proper understanding of the terms here but heres what we have figured out as a community.

Many people are well aware of the “Review bomb” a year or so back that was CTD’ing people when looking at reviews for a time. This is essentially the same exploit in a different format and much more dangerous. The maps all are referencing exterior invalid internet domains leading to SC2 long load times to anyone viewing custom game lobbies (THIS GOES FOR ANY TIME MAP NAMES ARE LOADED) . Which is why to some extent the workaround talks about blocking these IP’s. The only way around this is getting blizzards attention most likely.

Spreading the word around, again could be missing a lot of the details here but this is the basics to know. Get blizzards attention.