Starcraft keeps hard crashing my computer

Is there any chance of malicious code infecting our pcs?

well if blizzard doesnt fix this it might actually kill the game. from what i know arcade is what most ppl still play. i wonder if it will have an effect on blizzards mau count considering how they count mau count. but game might be too small now for blizzard to care …corporate greed kills good games i guess . when i see blizzard i see bobby now…

1 Like

Then if it turns to player accounts getting hacks nothing gets a corporations attention than a lawsuit. We all paid money to play this game, if they are suddenly not maintaining their game that they chatge money for a lawsuit needs to be filed.

I’m having the same problem today. I can’t get anything to load and play from saves and it hard locks when I try. I have now disabled OneDrive and am doing a reinstall.

what does OneDrive have to do with this?

This has been happening intermittently for a couple of weeks or so. It appears that someone has created multiple lounges that incorporate comments that combine to say something along the lines of “SMITH COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS”. These lounges also appear to have no name associated with them.

I found that if I waited long enough the game front-end will respond again, but if you select any tab under custom, it will hang again. Looks to me like someone has included information in the data when creating a lounge that messes with the browser.

Not sure what’s going on, but I cannot get task manager to the foreground to kill this normally when it occurs.

I also found that if you are able to get back to the starting page after this occurs, it seems to also cause issues with local game play until you restart. Hopefully this is not causing unknown other issues locally.

Before you try again, open your task manager and go to Options → Always on Top and it will let you end the process if it locks again.

nah the crash is nasty. not even alt f4 works.
my quick fix is open paint then ctrl alt delte and try to sign out, unsaved paint file will interrupt the process but at least close sc2 for you

This is happening to me again today, it happened a few times two weeks ago and i thought it had resolved itself after an update. anyone have any idea wtf is going on? DDoS?

Same here. As soon as I go to the custom tab the game crashes.

Oof. Same here guys. My game keeps crushing a minute or so after launching it. It won’t load the custom lobbies and it won’t let me do anything. It will show the loading screens, then freeze and crush. Still no fix for it?

1 Like

Hey Hadoukenshin,

What you’re running into is different from freeze/crashes from last month (the topic of this thread).

For the recent lags/hangs that have popped up, try disabling the Mature Launguage filter in the game setting. Once disabled, click around the other tabs a bit, then return to the Custom tab.

Same problem for me , first time this ever happend for me with sc2. and it started last night .
Every time i click on the custom tab the screen and the game freezes , and it freezes my pc also .
Tried to reinstall the game , verify the in game files , reset blizzard app settings to default game to default ,nothing helpd .
This never happend before , i think its the new update that causing this problems now .
Also i see posts here, starting for almost 2 months ago. with the same problem like me.
And its still not fixed yet !!!
How long will take to fix a dumb , simple bug 6 months to 2years on blizzard ???
Game its already dying and u guys seems u want to speed up things !
:face_vomiting:

This is a completely different issue than the exploit freezes/crashes (the topic of this thread). Please see the post literally directly above you.

Hey folks,

Relating to the issues that popped up with the recent patch, another patch was pushed last evening that hopefully addresses the lags/hangs.

If inclined, try reenabling the Mature Language filter to see if the lags/hangs are cleared up.