Starcraft 3 confirmed?

it’s also made by the same company that made the best windows xp game ever…

3D P I N B A L L

Microsoft abandon Mixer. I would chose an indie game studio such as dead by daylight, dead cells, Minecraft…

hate to break it to you but minecraft isn’t indie anymore. It’s owned by microsoft

I just want to tell you some of the realities. Diablo 3 is still insteresting. Starcraft 2 too. It just doesn’t quite fit the style of Blizzard ( Master ).

Who was talking about diablo 3?

Diablo 4 is not available yet. So we can only talk about Diablo 3…

why would you talk about D3… in a starcraft general discussion forum?

I believe both games have a bunch of easter egg references to one another. :laughing:

Because it has a lot of the same designs as Starcraft II.

not even close. Your info is bad.

I’m sure it is bad for you.

You missed the point and what I said had nothing to do with a remaster. You say SC2 “doesn’t look outdated at all” but when compared to something more advanced such as Unreal Engine 5, the difference is night and day.

1 Like

just…no…

I thought Raynor and Kerrigan disappeared at the end of LotV?? What is this Raynor hostage, some kind of marvel spin off superman galatic alternate dimension Warlods of Dranor timeline change? Is the game itself not canon, now?

And back to the topic. As some poeple have stated on my own topic, I don’t think we’ll be seeing StarCraft III (or any StarCraft) for a while. Because Blizzard has so many projects nowadays:

• There’s Overwatch II, which is likely their main priority right now and thus probably takes most of the resources and stuff. Kid friendly shooters are just popular nowadays and earn a lot. Plus, I’m fairly certain that Blizzard is well aware that it has to be absolutly, tatally, 100% perfect, cause the competition is tough. But I’m also fairly certain that other developers s**t their pants when they heard that Overwatch is getting a sequel, or a massive update, whatever.
  • Of course there’s World of Warcraft, which is always the priority. Yeah, despite the fact that it’s loosing it’s popularity, it’s still a massively popular game, with lots of players world wide, and a huge amount of ingame purchases, some of witch cost up to 100$, not to even mention monthly subscriptions, race transfers, level boosts etc…
  • Then there’s Diablo IV. Despite the fact that it’s at least a few years away and that they obviously have no clue when or how it’s coming out, it’s still big. Currently it might not be as big as the previous two, but it’s definitely up there. And they will probably have to invest a lot more resources in it, once Overwatch 2 and Shadowlands are out.

So after all of this. I think that them starting another massive project like these seems very unlikely. Another one like these, I don’t think they’ll be able to hold it out. So as sad as I am to say this, no I doubt we’ll be seeing anything major from Starcraft(even a remaster) anytime soon.

Working on several games is one factor, another is the appetite for RTS games.

Is there enough demand from gamers to warrant develop of SC3? Doesn’t appear to be the case.

I disagree, kinda. As someone already posted, the game would be a huge success when it comes to sales. It would sell like 5 000 000 copies, the problem is what then? I mean 5 000 000 * 60$ = 300 000 000$, sure seems a lot, but it’s “only” a half of what Candy Crush makes yearly.
It’s an RTS, it’s not WoW or OW or Hearthstone, where a single ingame microtransaction gets them up to a 100$. They’ve tried to monetize Starcraft II with microtransactions since it’s launched, and they seem to have failed. Skins? Announcers? War chests? Commanders even? None of these seem to have earned enough. And then there’s WoW where a baby lama used to cost an amazing 25$, not to mention boo…ughm, ughm items, mounts etc… They’re even making Diablo 4 into an MMORPG, to be able to monetize the same way as WoW, with introducing mounts. So you’ll get a horse, but for only 60$ you’ll be able to ride a Siberian Tiger and how cool is that.
Will it be successful in e-sports? Maybe for the first couple of months, but after that, well…StarCraft II proved otherwise.
So all in all, I agree that them putting a huge budget in a game, that will likely earned them half a money Candy Crush earns yearly, doesn’t make that much sense.

Besides, as I posted on my topic, I recently found out that D.Va in OW(which happens in 2070s) is a world champion in StarCraft II, amongst other games. So that indicates what’s their plan for StarCraft III. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think releasing one game in three parts might have turned off some people from continuing the starcraft franchise.

Is 5 million based on credible market research or a hunch?

Without actual data no one is in a position to say whether or not it has failed. The only thing we know is that co-op has done particularly well, where it was previously stated that they had more players in co-op than the rest of multiplayer.

It has MMO elements but it ain’t a full blown MMO.

You right but even if they do it in 3 parts, if they make all parts with all races missions similar to BW. Let’s say WOL 2: 14 mis Terran, 8 miss for Zerg and 8 miss for protoss.