Starcraft 3 confirmed?

that was how it was in the original game, yes. And in wc
and in wc2
and in wc3
and in wc3tft

1 Like

I kinda enjoyed how they made each race campaign as a separate release, it always brought a huge breath of fresh life into Sc2 when the newest expansion was released and I think doing it that way also greatly helped them bring us a better quality campaign story each time with many cinematics, not to mention I think it also greatly increased the longevity of Sc2 as a whole.

1 Like

I think I lost brain cells reading this

yeah I agree with that. However, I also think it’s a lame tactic to get people to spend more money on the game over time. Also think about it this way. In SC1 you buy the game, you have it all at your finger tips. After those 10 long grueling terran missions you just jump right into the zerg campaign and find out whats going on over there. In 2010 all we got was terran and that could have been partially the reason why terran fans exploded at the time. So any kind of love or excitement you had for zerg and their lore would have to wait until three years later. It was a smart move for Blizzard in a lot of ways but for fans it was overall kind of dumb, frustrating, and annoying. And the protoss campaign LOL don’t even get me started.

the main problem is that the engine is single-threaded and has lags on large units masses even on i9 9900k (while CPU is ~10% loaded at most). for SC3 (if ever released) I hope they utilize all the cores.

well DLCs are not the good thing, but not the worst. not a problem to support devs for a great product (if it’ll be great) one more time.

1 Like