Starcraft 2 shutdown my pc

I just install a new GPU. Radeon ™ RX 470 Series 4 GB GDDR5.
Now when I want to start a new campaign, after the loading screen, it should show the in game movie. Then it suddenly shutdown my pc.

Step to replicate are simple
Start SC2-click campaign - click Jim Raynor-select difficulties - show introduction movie(marine wearing suit) - loading screen - load till half way, pc shutdown.

Tried troubleshoot

1. Movie quality change to Low
  2. Portrait change to 2D

It is not overheat as I just on my pc.

I have no problem if play custom game. Just not able to show the in game movie.

Please assist.

could actually be your pc overheating.
1: what cpu do you have?
2: did you connect the graphics card correctly to the power supply?
3: is your power supply strong enough to run that graphics card(it requires 120 watts)?

Definitely not overheating as I start SC2 just when I start my pc.
CPU i5
GPU connect correctly as I still can play arcade map and other games like D3.
Power supply 650W.
Before I install the new GPU, SC2 have no problem at all. My new GPU is more powerful than my old GPU.
GPU driver also updated to the newest.

it could still be overheating if your cpu fan is working badly. that gpu is also badly cooled which could cause issues in a demanding game like starcraft 2. starcraft 2 have a tendancy to push the cpu hard. my i7-2600 for example overheats constantly while running starcraft 2 forcing the fan to run at maximum most of the time.

Howdy!

The system just shutting down like this is a sign of a power delivery or hardware issue that is out side of the OS. It would be best to have a local shop look into this and help resolve the problem.

Thank you.

I am running into a similar situation but none of my hardware has been changed.

I recently started playing SC2 again and while going through the Wings of Liberty campaign I had a couple of seemingly random PC shutdowns but in the mission “Shatter the Sky” it is consistently happening right upon killing the Leviathan.

1. Adjusting graphics setting had no effect.
  2. Based on my GPU-Z logs, the temperature, power consumption, GPU load, etc. are all in normal range.
  3. Suspecting a hardware issue, I ran Furmark for around 15 minutes with no issue at ~103% load with temperature topping off at 81C so that does not seem to be the case.

SC2 is not producing any error logs and the Windows event log does not show any failures. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Joshua - PC crashes

i am going to test this myself later to see if it happens on my pcs as well. if it does, it is a bug.

Have had same problems with brand new pc. Only on starcraft 2 have i had issues with computer shutting off, it works if i put all settings to low, the crashes start when the camera zooms out\in when using weapons in lotv and when doing the evolve missions in hots

it suggests that it gets too hot.