SC2 says it can't connect and forces surrender

I have had multiple games in a row where the game says it can’t connect and forces me to surrender. I maintain full internet access the entire time with every other program including voice chat with the person I am playing with. I ran the test you guys have told everyone else to run.

ht tps:// pastebin .com /evGJnAdy
it wont let me put the link

Please fix this, I actually cannot complete a full game.

I am playing on windows 10 x64 on a wired connection.

Howdy!

No direct packet loss is seen in the WinMTR. We are seeing 205-500ms within the first 3 hops within the Internet Service Provider’s network. This could cause the connection to not be stable. I would recommend to contact the Internet Service Provider to see if they can review the mode/router for QoS feature, try disabling it and check hops 2 and 3 for issues due to the latency spikes.

Thank you!

1 Like

My router has had QoS turned off and it is still turned off.

Hi, have the same problem. Flushed DNS, tried just about everything I can think of.
It happens so random I just can’t see a pattern…

@Zuvykree, perhaps a review on the patch that was applied a few weeks ago, regarding this matter? Maybe it’s still not working properly.
Don’t remember the exact patch no., but I’m sure that is something that can be found.

Thanks.

And it happened again…

Hi, and again same problem.

Hey there,

Would it be possible to grab a winMTR test? Make sure the problem happens in-game while the test is running to ensure it captures the results we need to verify the issue.

Thanks!

Hey, I have also had the exact same problem, where the game forces me to surrender after being unable to connect, despite the fact my internet is fine.

It happens shortly after 5 mins, but never reaches 6 mins, and no matter how long I wait it will force me to surrender!

It mainly happens on verus, like 2v2 and 3v3, but it also happens when I play the arcade games, and this issue is brand new, as I just started playing SC2 again, and this never happened to me in the past, and ive had the same computer and router/internet since than.

Hopefully it gets fixed! it makes ranked games really hard to play.

I’m also having this same problem. It’s happened occasionally since the new patch, but seems to be happening more frequently tonight.

This is extremely frustrating. Since the last two patches? I get these disconnects. It drives you mad in a match that you are winning or coming in to get DC’d.

Please do something blizzard. Here is my winMTR results.

https ://pastebin .com/aEdAw8Qt

note: I get the same exact results other people have. the popup comes up. I leave immediately and I am clearly connected to battlenet. What gives? is it the servers? It says I am playing on US Central.

sorry but the game is unplayable…

Im in the process of sending a website ticket, but Im finding that getting the traceroute and other files are kinda hard, because of how randomly it happens.

Also that the steps to complete a trace is also a tad bit hard when you dont know when the issue will occur. Idk, do you have the issue occur and than do it, or while its happening?

Also i’m not sure why you need the system data if the issue seems Blizzard side. As my internet doesn’t cut out, and Starcraft 2 has worked without this issue on this computer.

But some kinda fix would be lovely, its pretty hard to do anything in SC2 with this issue.

Ill try to complete the trace and whatnot later, im too tired to do it right now.

Since I last replied to this issue, It is still happening, and I am still very confused.

I mean, I know I should do a ticket to blizzard but i am not sure if it would do much, before going through that process, has anyone found a fix to it, or did they send a ticket in and got help?

Interestingly, I have noted how completely random it is, like sometimes it doesn’t happen all day than bam, it happens, or it crashes at 6-10 mins, vs the normal 5-6 min.

Also, I will note, this weird disconnection is Starcraft 2 only, doesn’t seem to affect my Heroes of the Storm game at all.

I’m planning on updating or checking my router, even if that fixes the issue, I’m still confused on how SC2 only started this weird bug after I started playing again a few months ago. Until I do that, I’m not going to go through the process of a ticket. Its just too annoying to fill out personally.

Also, ive noticed like two different threads with the exact same issue, so I hope they get resolved so that I can resolve this! I can only Zergling rush so much until I have to macro, and you can’t win a macro war in 5 mins.

If I do find a fix, ill post it here.

Im having the same issue, both on my IMAC Pro and On my PC, and its not the my internet i took my computer to another house with different internet and the same thing so annoying

same issue here. been happening occasionally the last few days. randomly forces surrender in ladder games. annoying to say the least.

Same issue here. Have created a new topic with the issue.

Any thread I’ve seen with this issue, they ask us for winMTR test/MSInfo/DxDiag and then tell us it must be our ISP. How is it that so many ISPs would have this same problem problem and it only ever happens with sc2 and not the multiple other games the users play?

1 Like