SC 2 "Game is running," but it ain't running

Did they ever solve the issue with the infinite loading bar…

Haven’t seen any further fixes beyond this… there was something a user posted suggesting about messing around with game files, but would prefer not… and if someone else can do this, surely bliz can patch it…

Easier to diagnose if you have a screenshot because there are so many loading bars everywhere. You can post links by including the ` symbol before and after your link.

Assuming if you mean starting up SC2, then you might need to test with VPN to see if it is a network routing issue.

suffering from the same issue… start the game at desktop with blizzard screen, says it running but stuck at desktop with an infinite loading bar. i’d like to post the pic but i have no idea how…

• update - it ran…? after a really long wait. i was writing all of these while waiting for the game to load.

If memory serves, this is a network issue. Try VPN which should address the issue.

What i do is disable the network adapater or disconnect wifi. Then the game would start. then you will prompt that cannot connect to server. enable the internet and then you will be prompted to login. Just login and play. This is really bugging me. I have to do this everytime i play sc2. As a paying customer for the license. I think this launch issue should go away. I tried reinstalling game and even reinstalling windows. I even upgraded to Ryzen 5000 and 32 gb memory. all is still the same. This started after the patch last november. I hope the support can see this.

A simple way of narrowing it down is that, if it is not a widespread issue, then the issue is likely localised to your device / programme / area.

I’d suggest trying a VPN to see if this resolves your issue.

Hello everyone,

The issue with StarCraft 2 and the loading green bar is still being investigated. There have been a few workarounds and you can find them in our main tracking thread. However, letting the game sit for several minutes has been the easiest workaround for the time being.
For now I’m going to go ahead and lock this thread. Please remember to try not to necro older threads. If the issue continues EdwardNess please check out the post I linked above.