Question: Safe Haven/Haven’s Fall

So, I have long understood that the canonical choice here was Haven’s Fall, as much as I almost never played it and heavily disagreed with it from a reasoning perspective. However, the statement here contradicts that. Anyone care to fill me in on what set Safe Haven as the canon choice? (Yay not betraying people!).

Because Hansen is a much healthier romance option for Raynor than psycho bug waifu. So the writers killed her off to pursue their crackship.

I have no idea.

Safe Haven makes zero sense.

How did Infested become docile?
How are we even betraying them? They’re Infested.
How are there so few of them during Safe Haven?
How is Hanson not handing out the cure to the rest of the sector, when there are Infested all over the Koprulu?
How is Meinhoff any different from Haven?
How does Hanson (almost alone) produce a lasting cure on a whim on an outdated Battlecruiser with bad science facilities when no one else including Protoss could?

Safe Haven is a problem. It makes universe (number of Infested) bend around Raynor’s choice.

1 Like

To be fair, it never claims the infested that are actually on the map are the only infested.

Of all scientific fields, biology is the one where terrans are centuries ahead of the Protoss. I would have been offended if they created a cure for infestation, not to mention that Protoss can’t be fully infested in the way terrans can.

Well, kinda we’re betraying Hanson, not the infested. But even that is weak because of your other, standing and very true points.

Also, you missed “why in “Belly of the Beast” does Raynor say there’s no helping the infested when Ariel succeeded in creating a cure?” Though to be fair, it’s only in the “where you left off” text that it says she succeeded, which is regrettable because otherwise we could at least say “she is still working at a cure”, rather than “she magically made a cure”.

They did, they are the ones who first deinfested Stukov before Moebius took over.
Plus, a civilization that have Dragoons, Stalkers and Immortals kinda need some basic knowledge in biology if you ask me.

1 Like

They are a dozen soldiers at best against hundreds of them in tunnels they are going to flood with lava. Unless the cure is airborne and instant, the infested in the tunnels can’t be rescues even with a cure available.

1 Like

As I recall Raynor was involved in the curing of Stukov, so he should still have data on the serum on his ship as well

Well, someone had to take care of those Infested settlements then, right? Sure wasn’t us in the campaign.

So either they’re still there and Agria’s tiny force is in charge of deInfesting or Protoss did the dirty (not really dirty) work anyway.

Centuries? Really? Protoss can keep alive someone who’s in several pieces. They worked on Stukov and deInfesting Terrans is to their benefit in general.

Still, Hanson does something in matter of days, weeks at best (WoL is only few months long) and she is more succesful than all the best Dominion, Kel-Morian and Umojan scientists in field.

So; it’s still BS.

Tunnels are crawling with thousands of Zerg and he’s got limited time to flood them. Not exactly time for a rescue mission.

Besides, no mention of Hanson sharing the cure. What a misanthrope.

This only appeared in a secret StarCraft64 mission. I think Blizzard forgot it existed, just like Zeratul’s meeting with Duran in the secret mission of BW.

You would think so. But they don’t. They can’t ever repair those injuries, or replace body parts with augmentations, or clone new bodies, or download their souls into robots, etc because plot.

You think? Outside of this forum and Subsorian’s echo chamber, everybody else aware of the story thinks all of it is BS.

Stop whining, could ya?

2 Likes

And Swann literally invents the thor single handed. And the dominion somehow also invents the same unit, but that’s another debate.

And it takes until NCO before the dominion finally reverse engineers the ionic forcefield that Stetmann supposedly built before joining Raynor’s Raiders.

And Karax somehow manages to immediately think up major upgrades to all the standard issue Protoss units (yeah sure with SoA tech, still…) and single handedly crew the entire ship while firing up the solar core in his spare time.

Ariel Hanson is far from the only offender when it comes to giving the campaign characters super human intelligence. But I must admit it’s one of the things that most bothered me was how overboard brilliant all these characters were.

Karax is the most believable because of his giant alien brain and space magics.

6 Likes

The Thor is actually older then the Odin and was first fielded in 2502 while the Odin only came out in 2503. The hole project was known as project Thor in the beginning. Swann probably got his hand on parts of it during the raid on valhalla, since you can’t tell me that the Raiders would pass up the chance to snoop around in one of the dominions most secure R&D labs.

1 Like

Thor is reverse engineering, not that hard. Also he’s got Kachinsky, who is a good engineer as well and other personnel.

Thor is basically scaled down Odin. He didn’t invent it from scratch.[quote=“WireBender-1359, post:11, topic:7361”]
And it takes until NCO before the dominion finally reverse engineers the ionic forcefield that Stetmann supposedly built before joining Raynor’s Raiders.
[/quote]

Not reverse engineering, since Stetmann destroyed the prototype.

He’s got robotics to do chores for him. Many units are not his upgrades because they’re just Tal’Darim or Purifier tech.

He is simply putting SoA online via solarite. Besides, they definitely left a manual there.

Hanson is greatest offender by a stretch and Safe Haven lore is terrible.

Mission has a good gameplay though. One of those that’s just right amount of difficult.

Well, Swann sure takes a lot of credit for it if you look at the dialogue after media blitz. He more or less takes all the credit for building it himself.

He did. By changing an existing thing.

Then where the fork is Loki? I want to field some Loki!

A manpower problem probably.

The Loki is probably not worth it. Not a particularly powerful unit for the cost. The Raiders don’t need it for sure, and the Dominion probably shifted theattention to Gorgons.

It actually seems to be a Gorgon prototype.