Question: Safe Haven/Haven’s Fall

I think so, too. My very own mini-gorgon!

But I think boys are right. Not enough troops and it’s pretty expensive to produce.

Don’t forget Thors have a single operator and Jimmy didn’t have BCs until Valerian came along.

But it’s a mini-gorgon! Why do I need to keep talking? (Yeah, you’re right. It wouldn’t work past the fanfare.)

It’s cute and deadly, I get it.

Like cats or ladies with sniper rifles.

1 Like

The Infestation Cure used on Stukov though, it didn’t work as I recall. I mean it worked initially, but wore off.

So it’s not actually a cure as far as I know.

So Hanson is smarter than the protoss. Nice.

She doesn’t cure the infested though, does she?

She says she’ll find a cure, but never comes up with one.

I don’t know. I assumed her cure was the reason the safe haven map wasn’t an infested hellhole like the havens fall map.

Keep in mind that Stukov was a test subject for Narud. Considering Abathur’s inability to understand his DNA structure it is likely that the cure was reversed because of Narud’s experiments on him.

My headcanon is that Hanson was able to find a cure because the specific strain of infestation used on Meinhoff was substantially less volatile than the standard form, as a tradeoff to allow it to spread so much more quickly. As the protoss cannot be infested, and since most infested terrans aren’t especially threatening compared to any other zerg, it also makes sense that they aren’t especially interested in creating and distributing a cure when they have other concerns on their mind.

1 Like

I recall she didn’t actively start looking for a cure until that Mission though, claiming she was confident she could find one right before Raynor needed to choose.

There were only a few Infested by the looks of things overall, and it looks like the outbreak was contained by the Haven colony itself without involvement from Hason or the Raiders.

What became of the few infested we saw in that cell though, was never revealed.

True, but didn’t he revert before being handed to Mobeius?

According to him, the cure slowly failed as he was experimented on.

Ah, okay. He said then when talking to Kerrigan, yes?

He says this when you repeatedly click on his unit during the last Skygeirr mission.

1 Like

the absurd point of this option is that jim trust ariel on the protoss defeat a protoss fleet, certainly the fates of Ariel is currently diffuse, his planet at this point could have broken into an infestation or other protoss attack

1 not all the claims are rational, people simply deceive themselves, their last interaction with her heals she was not very rational and she felt betrayed because Jim would not risk finding an impossible cure
2 There is a great possibility that Kerrigan is only using it as a horn to scoff at Jim Raynor using Ariel’s puppet. Kerrigan speaking motherly of the Zerg including the infested.

[quote=“Skehan-2515, post:3, topic:7361”]
How is Hanson not handing out the cure to the rest of the sector, when there are Infested all over the Koprulu? [/quote]
doesn’t have the cure the game clearly points out that she only commits to trying to find a cure and she doesn’t

heaven the infection is going to be a pandemic crisis, to a latent threat according to the option you choose

Ariel never creates a cure simply contains the infected and promises to continue investigating a cure.

not just the writers changed the threat scale for each option, in one there is even zerg support in the others the spores are only present latently as a threat and the protoss plan to kill innocent by the presence of spores, it is indicated in the option that she alone she will look for a cure but she does not promise that he will get it the only thing you get is the information of Ariel’s research,Ariel is only promising impossible things because she is desperate, she herself declared that a cure was cataloged impossible, chapters before

After win text for Safe Haven says that cure exists.

1 Like

I knew I was forgetting something.

Guess Hanson is smarter than the protoss. :man_shrugging:

I really want to see the colony of heaven destroyed, I can only think it is a mistake like the dehaka descriptions in the store

Wow. Where exactly was this text?