Primal Kerrigan vs Empowered Alarak

These go up to 11! And beyond!

Doesn’t sound as cool.

1 Like

So the conclusion is that Alarak would more likely win while empowered, but the number of supplicants he would require is unknown?

And generally with the Taldarim backing him he can crush her, unless she has the zerg swarm behind her (or he develops some sort of psi matrix)

Pretty sure it’s logarithmic. Meaning Kerrigan at a 12 would be 10,000 times stronger than a class 8 ghost. However, I recall that 10-12 was the class of an average Templar? Not sure, and can’t remember where I got that. Basically hearsay.

Yeah, but if we are counting in game mechanics we have to realize that in “the infinite cycle” where you get to control Kerrigan and Artanis, Artanis can solo 95% of the mission. Kerrigan can solo barely any. So by that logic, Artanis is vastly more powerful than Primal Kerrigan.

Needs citation, as that doesn’t sound remotely legit. For one, ghosts have never been measured via class.

Dialog isn’t a gameplay mechanic. It’s part of the lore.

Because devs didn’t give Kerrigan Mend for that mission.

And because they didn’t give her psionic shift, meaning without those banes she would have no AoE. And she has no mobility abilities. And even with psionic shift for AoE, she has to go too deep I think; she’d still struggle without burrow, since apparently she can’t do that on Ulnar.

QoB Kerrigan was schooling Zeratul in WoL and her psionic wave is still strong enough to push away Zeratul in HotS. Zeratul was able to sever Artanis’ nerve cord. Human Kerrigan may not be stronger than top Protoss warriors, but she is strong enough to give them a run for their money. Primal Kerrigan has the essence of the Ancient One and his 3 primal pack leaders. Zurvan is a being that’s over a million years old. In the cinematic on Ulnar, Artanis has difficulty against a wounded Hybrid, Kerrigan slice down 2 hybrids, admittedly one is with Artanis’ help. I would say primal Kerrigan is significantly stronger than Artanis and Zeratul, and is still a step above Alarak.

Kerrigan’s in game abilities:

Leaping Strike & Psionic Grip: Move skill that does damage.
Razor Swarm: Stronger variation of Psi Storm.
Kinetic Blast: Stronger variation of Mind Blast.
Implosion: Crushes a battlecruiser instantly.
Crushing Grip: AoE stun.
Wild Mutation: Mutate, evolve, and grow nearby allied units.
Mend: Heal nearby allied units.
Assimilation Aura: Make enemy units drop resources on death.
Apocalypse: Essentially equivalent to a nuke, at least damage and AoE wise.
Immobilization Wave: AoE time freeze, larger AoE than Apocalypse (AKA: Zerg nuke).

Kerrigan’s abilities shown in cinematics:

Telepathy: Like other ghosts, she can read minds.
Regeneration: She regenerates her broken wing.
Shock Wave: Kerrigan has shown to use shock wave to can push back Zeratul in the leviathan as well as a squad of dominion soldiers defending the Augustgrad Palace.

Primal Kerrigan is strong enough to one shot a BC, create a nuke, and freeze an entire army. Has empowered Alarak ever shown anything comparable in lore, in both story and gameplay wise? Besides, Alarak’s empowerment is temporary, Kerrigan is by default stronger.

1 Like

I mean you are not wrong, Kerrigan is stronger than Alarak, but

It’s not an answer to the question. And lot of your argumentation is flawed.

Just watched the cinematic. They pretty much save each other, but Kerrigan was in much bigger pickle. ~youtube.com/watch?v=wGQiMZRgeoA

To be fair she killed the first one solo. Which is a notable feat of Strength.

He is also extremely clumsy. You could beat him with Cyclones and Diamondbacks.

He almost got her head. Zeratul’s chances are poor in a sustained fight, but he has pretty solid shot in getting one lethal blow. And he was pretty close right there.

Eh. He pretty much let her toss him around. He was coming in peace.

Irrelevant. Gameplay & Lore separation are a thing.

2 Likes

It’s not separate, game play and cinematic are both part of the lore. Ultralisk tanked nukes in the Torrasque evolution missions. Abathur’s evolution missions are part of the lore. Kerrigan one shot BC and taking the allied Terran army head on at the Battle of Char, it’s also canon. Wild Mutation, Mend, Implosion, Apocalypse, Immobilization Wave beats anything any psionic capable characters have to offer. Kerrigan is as strong as the lore needs her to be, she didn’t kill Zeratul in WoL because the lore requires him to live, if they duke it out then it will not be an equal fight. If anyone is stronger than Kerrigan, Ouros would’ve contact them instead of Kerrigan.

Could have been with the help of zerg though. That cinematic doesn’t tell us that much.

It’s really not. Dialog is as far as it goes.

Marines can’t shoot down a battlecruiser.

1 Like

I disagree, Battlecruisers - at best - fly about 50 meters high, and they are extremely tiny for a capital ship. Just look at the in-game model, a Marine would take up the entire bridge.

1 Like

In my head canon, I just assume that the ground units are acting as a regiment. I remember I played a game RTS, forgot name, but the ground units don’t act as individual, but a regiment. One marine? I treat them as 1000 marines, 8 marines take down a BC? Well that’s 8000 marines, makes sense to me. Maybe Blizz should revise the marine model and make it 1000 smaller marines clump together and call it Marine Regiment. Now game play is comparable to lore.

Even a marine regiment wouldn’t be able to shoot down a battlecruiser. They simply lack both the range and the ability to do any real damage to it.

Lot of units can fire on the move in lore. In game it’s… Phoenix.

#DIAMONDBACKS4DAWIN

Apparently the forums are weirded out by my comment.

Not an MP unit, but fair enough.

People here are unresponsive to joke sometime. Don’t worry, keep trying; eventually someone will laugh.

I meant the forum said something about a something-something body in my comment.