Primal Kerrigan vs Empowered Alarak

The Psi Index caps out at 10. Its not used to measure non-terrans in the first place, who at any rate scale differently than terrans do even if you tried to use one system for all races. Whatever Class 12 means, it isn’t psi index.

Class is basically a sensor reading, whereas PI is an actual test.

Yes, but there is one cutscenes where adjutant straight up saying that Primal Queen of Blade is unclassified.

A smarter man than I would make an argument about Kerrigan being a zergified Human.

This sums up the problem pretty well. We don’t know how the scale works and whether it can measure powers beyond that of 10.

It cant. The scale caps out at 10, which is the highest terran ever seen.

Without knowing how the scale works we cannot move forward. Your claim has as much validity as mine. If the scale is linear then it can measure above 10, 10 is just the highest number they got to.

The scale measures humans. Humans stop at 10. The scale stops at 10. Im not sure why youre trying to make this more than it is. It doesn’t apply to anything nonhuman, period, full stop, end of story.

I don’t see a reason why Kerrigan, who is a human or at least was one couldn’t be measured by it, that’s why. So, no, no full stop.

Because Kerrigan is not a human anymore. That’s definitionally what infestation does.

1 Like

She seems to work pretty similar to a human. I am no master on how psionics work though, nor am I on how much infestation changes somebody. Come to think of it, none of us are.

She was human. She was a 10. Now she is not human, and the scale does not apply to her anymore. Like, this is a pretty binary thing.

1 Like

I disagree. We don’t have the specifications required to know for sure, and no amount of definitve statements will change that.

We don’t know if Terrans cap out at 10, that is just the currently highest number ever. Nova is a 10, just like Kerrigan was, and she is thought of as a bit weaker. Which probably means the scale works with brackets, but we still don’t know if it is a linear scaling or not. If it is linear then it can be expanded easily, depending on the measurement - because the scale is probably just a way to show where people are in their power, not the measurement itself.

So that’s that.

Edit: Skehan has a Discord if you’re interested. Most other people from around here are in it.

You don’t really know that. The pH scale for example is 0 to 14 for a reason. Values beyond those exist but don’t have much meaning and aren’t reliable because there’s a limit to how dissociated an acid/base can get in solution.

1 Like

Yeah, I am not saying this is how it is. This is a way to interpret it, and it’s not better than any of the other ones. I am not trying to persuade y’all, just here to have myself heard.

I think I was pretty clear about my stance, there is no data to work with, only our own ideas.

Oh, for the love of… Here is the official blizzard word on it.

Answer: The psi index rating (PI) was developed by the Confederacy, so the only beings that have been reliably measured with it are Terrans. It goes from 0 to 10.

Between 0 and 2, there is no noticeable psionic ability. (I’m a 1, personally.) At 3 and above, a person is considered “sensitive” to telepathy but is not a telepath. (The wranglers for the Ghost program are usually around 3.5.) PI 5 is telepathic, which also happens (surprise, surprise) to be the minimum acceptable rating for Ghost training.

PI 8 is potentially telekinetic, although PI 8s have been known to exhibit other outstanding powers. PI 8 is very rare. Nova is a PI 10. The only other PI 10s on record are Sarco Angelini (superintendent at the Dominion Ghost Academy) and pre-infestation Sarah Kerrigan. There is no data on how Spectres rate while under the influence of Terrazine.

Terran equipment refers to the Queen of Blades as class 12 because it can’t measure her PI rating at all. She exceeds the scale and is at least an order of magnitude above 10.

It explicitly only measures terrans, and Kerrigan cannot be placed on the scale.

Got a link, or is this the whole thing?

Also, about the Discord, you interested?

I don’t usually do discord chat groups.

And unfortunately, the source was from the old website which got nuked.

It’s a pretty chill thing, all your favorite people are there, also some of your less favorite ones like yours truly. Some campaign discussion and other stuff, at worst a placeholder.

I’ll take your word for the validity of that little piece there, so I stand corrected.

The loss of old data sucks a lot. The Space vs Skygeirr argument was resolved according to it.

Not to mention the short stories which were fortunately saved by Subsourian.

Now the thing I wanna know is why the Adjudant had to put a 12 on Kerrigan’s psi power instead of a generic “Psi power not quantifiable” :thinking:

1 Like