Primal Kerrigan vs Empowered Alarak

You may have hit one of the formatting buttons by accident.

Gameplay:
Kerrigan would just kill his supplicants until he is weak enough to kill.
Remember kerrigan is extreemly mobile and can do easy hit and run attacks.
Alarak is a bit slow.

Lore wise.
Assuming we are talking pre xelnaga Kerrigan then i would still give it to her.
My reasoning for this is:
Competence: While both are comptent Kerrigan has manipulate entire factions in brood wars and rebuild the zerg within weeks/month’s after she was “saved” from her zerg infection.
She has faced ammon, fought the french shapeshifter in a dual and impaled herself to gain victory.
She even plan ahead that would she lose, zagara would take over the swarm and fight ammon.

Alaraks only show of comptence is exploiting his sociaty laws.

Determination: Kerrigan when through hell, Sacrificed everything in the name of revenge and even impailed herself to kill the french dude.
She survived stuff abathur though would kill her.
Her willpower is insane and she has the drive to fight when others would just give up.

Alarak only fight save bets.
Exploiting his factions laws, asking the protoss for add, Only fighting easy wins.

Personality:
At the end of the day Kerrigan has been tested by the horror’s of evil and came out stronger.
Alarak (while comptent) never had to accauly fight a foe far above his ability.

And i think that is why Kerrigan would win.
Even if Alarak was stronger she would find a way to overcome the difference and crush him.
It is her nature.

1 Like

Have you seen the cast range on deadly charge?

Kerrigan can still dodge it.
it isnt like she would go down from getting hit from time to time.
Just dont let her stay into melee until his suplicants are dead.

So basically you are saying that it doesn’t matter how strong Kerrigan’s enemies are she’ll win just 'cause.

3 Likes

No i am saying she has shown multiple times that she has overcome enemies way stronger then her.
Statisticly speaking her experiance with fighting stronger foe’s would give her the edge against enemies like Alarak, who are limeted by suchs things as bodies.
I mean some beings would be beyond Kerrigan but they arent in starcraft 2.
DC specter for example.

Actually, if we allow for tactic and such, then you need to remember that Alarak is not too shabby himself. He is also cunning and quite a cheater. He will find a way to win by other mean beside hoarding his supplicants and waiting to be picked off by agile Kerrigan.

4 Likes

Ofcourse.
Which is kinda the whole point.
Gameplay wise it depends on who is the beter player and lore wise the question is:
Can Alarak outsmart Kerrigan?

The thing is you seemed to mostly ignore Alarak’s lore which I could only assume a reason for.

Everything you say about Kerrigan, determination, fighting more powerful enemies, etc. can be said about Alarak as well. We know he’s cunning, we know he’s cruel, we know he’s a master of strategy and planning and has absolutely no scruples.

As far as we know it could be a coin toss.

Feel free to enlighten me then.
I bias my choice on the information i got from the campaigns.

So i Kerrigan.
It is just that she has proven herself against stronger foes where Alarak has shown to rely on rules exploitation and convicing athanas.
Not really the same level of comptence.
Dont get me wrong.
He is good but from what we have been shown Kerrigan is just better.

As far we know Alarak never faced a foe who could truly challage him.
Exploiting the rules of raskire and getting help from outsiders to become the ruler of his people isnt nearly as impressive as:
Manipulating entire factions and rebuilding the zerg within weeks/month’s, fighting mensk, ammon, etc.
Kerrigan has shown to fight and overcome enemies that are stronger then her.
Useally by being very good at dodging.

1 Like

Thing is, manipulating entire factions, as impressive as it may be, has very little to do in actuality with having a one on one fight. I’ve been in fights before and I don’t think they would’ve ended differently if I turned two neighboring countries on each other beforehand.

And that’s one fine comparison, we see Alarak for a good chunk of LotV, while Kerrigan is a central character for two games. I personally looked at what the Wiki had to say about Alarak and put that together with what I saw in LotV.

1 Like

Whoever is better at landing their combo. Plus, obviously the more sadism Alarak has stacked, the better things are going to be for him.

4 Likes

The rite of Rak’shir all the way! Rage quite as soon as I lost my stack, of course.

1 Like

This is my favorite sentence of the week.

It shows just how cunning she is.
More importantly:

This means she could try and convince his supplicants against them.
If she doesnt just kill them.

Think of it like this:
In the campaign everyone is scared of the queen of blade’s.
Nobody is scared of Alarak.
Anoyed by his ego yes but not scared.
Kerrigan has statisticly speaking a very high chance of winning because she is highly adaptive, manipulative and driven.
Where Alarak is mostly just arrogant.
Ow sure he has the power to back up his ego.
But in a 1vs1 Kerrigan crushest him.
The fact he needs his supplicants to even the playing field shoud make that clear.

Beside i doubt Kerrigan woudnt just send massive amount of zerg at the little upstart protoss.

Kerrigan didn’t sway armies, she swayed leaders who lead there armies to help her in exchange for her help. Unless she can cunning Alarak into making his own supplicants attack him, I don’t think this applies.

Clearly not everyone was scared of the Queen of Blades. The most heroic of men, the Emperor himself faced the traitorous cur with a cigar. And again, I’ll repeat so it goes through well.

KERRIGAN.
WAS.
A.
MAIN.
CHARACTER.
FOR.
TWO.
GAMES.
ALARAK.
APPEARED.
IN.
ONE.
CAMPAIGN.

Sorry for copying your style. Anyhoo… Nobody even knew the Tal’darim existed before LotV, and we see Alarak overpower Vorazun in seconds. We don’t know how powerful he is, because there is no actual measurement. The same way we don’t know how powerful Kerrigan is.

That is a pretty amusing point, because we don’t know if he does need it at all. The assumption of the original poster was that he does, but we don’t know. We see Zeratul go toe-to-toe with Kerrigan. How does he compare to Alarak. How does the Queen of Blades compare to the Primal Queen of Blades? As entertaining as your points are, they lack a certain substance.

Great point, except completely irrelevant, just like this entire thread is a moot point, given the lack of information. Anyhoo, just so not to leave a stone unturned, in a debate concerned with Empowered Alarak vs Kerrigan it is an interesting argument to say “WELL THEY COULD JUST USE AN AAAARMY”. Yeah, no kidding. I mean, I think it is stupid to bring in supplicants into a one on one, but y’know, that’s what the original post wanted to do.

4 Likes

That is such a ridiculous idea it’s actually cute.

This weird Zerg-Human Hybrid is fighting our leader, let’s betray him.

Let’s just throw our whole culture, indoctrination and upgringing to the garbage.

1 Like

While true i am not familier enough with supplicants loyalty.
I mean be turned into a health pack for Alarak or being told to run away by the queen of blade’s.
I mean if i had to choice between being turned into a healthpack to sooth my boss his ego or flee for my live against the queen of freaking blade’s.
I pick flee.
It would be different in army vs army senario’s where running away is more likely to get me killed but 1vs1.
Yeah let Alarak die.

Yeah sorry my grammer is horrible.
I am just trying to make my point clear without making everything a big mess of words.

Which is why i am avoiding the power arguement in favor of what we do know.
There achievements so far and personality.

Which is why we shoud limet to what we know.
There personalty and acomplishments.

Agreed.
I mean i would just bring the campaign infesters to this dual(come on you know both side’s will cheat) and just take his army away from him.

More like: Our leader wants to dual the queen of blade’s 1vs1.
She offers to let us live if we just flee.
So either i stay and get turn into a health pack or i flee and live.
I take my chance’s fleeing.

There is a difference deing for the cause and dieing because your leader wants to 1v1 the strongest known being(justifed or not) in the sector.

Beside if this dual was to happen both side’s would just bring there armies.
Both are known to cheat.

“My life for the Highlord!”
-all the supplicants. All of them.

4 Likes

Then there life is what they will give.
However little it will delay the highlords death.

@OP: How many supplicants?
Because 5 wont make a different 500 would.