Premier tournaments winrate in LOTV expansion

Look Up what miro Said. Look Up what i Said. We have given you plenty of Arguments and explanations.

You still dont factor in Players choice. Terran is by far the Most popular Race. You Just cannot ignore that. You cannot ignore what this implies.

So yeah one Thing that can explain the average mmr being dragged down by Not individual Skill is by Population distribution. Obviously (Well OK this would also be individual Skill If you want to View it that way but its about Them Being Bad, regardless of Race). And by that it means Players choice of choosing a certain Race when you are a beginner. Just Like you Said that it cant be that all races are equally hard in every League it also means that there are races that beginners more likely dont Pick. Since…you know ? The races and the Setup is Not equal between all 3 races.

We know that terran has the Most Players. We know that terran is flooding lower leagues. We now simply Count 1+1=2.

1 Like

I do, I just don’t suppose that I know what 100,000 are doing in their own individual universes, making their own subjective decisions.

NOT beginners. as the numbers would tell you.

Dude, you won’t even admit Terran has the worst scouting… Like, WTH? lol. It’s akin to saying Zerg has the easiest spawning mechanic (Injecting) or the hardest production mechanic (all on one hotkey). Like it’s just plain wrong.

1 Like

You certainly do Not factor that in. If you would do that you would know that expecting equal Outcome Out of inequal income would be flawed.

Also we do Not need to know what those People were exactly thinking. We need to identify biases. And certainly that we are human and the faction is human plus its the Campaign Race that is Most familiar with other RTS is a bias.

Fine. Then casuals.

Whataboutism?

You know whats wrong? Using absolute Statements. For a beginner producing Units is definetly the hardest when playing zerg. Since their Units cost next to nothing and you need to have a Ton of hatches and inject them to have massive amounts of Units. And dont forget that you need a dedicated building for each unit. Especially anti Air is hard to grasp for beginners. Sure with protoss and especially terran you have 0 Problem with anti Air since you can Warp in stalkers or you Produce Marines anyway but If you get surprised by a bc banshees void Rays and such you are dead fast as a beginner zerg. So No, i think producing especially producing at the correct Timing and correct number of Units is hardest for zerg beginners.

Ofc These Things Change when you learn that you should keep building Queens and you should Go 3 Base asap and whenever you think you get threatend in early Game you hold down r for a good amount of time.

Your biggest flaw is using absolute Statements for all eternity about everything while Not realising what they actually mean.

For example that terran has on average less mmr does Not mean that they dont achieve as much. Or that every terran Just flat Out needs to have Like +200 mmr.

1 Like

And I just don’t rate this. I’ve seen a lot of these and most of what I see are people who are very obviously trolling* or complaining because they don’t see why they lost. I’ve seen many masters players misread a situation and chose the wrong counter at least once against every race - that doesn’t have much if anything to do with the race their opponent is playing, but I sure see a lot more people complaining about misreading when the opponent is Protoss.

But maybe that’s just because I played a whole bunch of Protoss when coming back so I easily see what I’m doing wrong counter-wise, and these people don’t understand counters / how Protoss works and develops the ways I do? Who knows.

* like, because they think cannon rushes or warp gate are stupid mechanics, so their brain turns off; or they know these are popular opinions so they parrot them for the warm fuzzies without actually arguing it

your own numbers that you’re leaning on here tell you that terran probably has the most beginners because its player percentage has increased.

aaaaaa

3 Likes

Because i’m diamond ? Why would i care about league i don’t belong ? Now you could ask “Then why do you care about zerg imbalance ?” Because i’d like to see someone else than 4 zergs winning constantly. Just because some people stopped playing SC2 (or play less doesn’t mean they don’t watch esports. And these 4 zergs ravaing pro play is honestly atrocious and so detrimental to SC2 scene is far worse than your 42 % toss.

And most importantly i main terran so theoretically i don’t give f about protoss but if one race cannot win premier tournament since 2022 that tells you something.

Wowowowow. Who says that ? Zerg player ??? Bruh

F2 a-move is literally synonym of zerg. Zerg benefits most of F2-amoving because it’s designed this way.

Wow 12-pooling your opponent truly is an indicator of skill, like i can bunker rush some M1/GM player and brag how good i am. LOL.
Aside from 2012 Parting was never the best protoss on the planet. He was absolute king of protoss cheeses and all-ins but since HOTS kicked-in he became B-tier protoss nowhere near Rain, Hero, sOs, Zest etc.

Get 5.5 k with slammer or bowlcut and i will believe you. Don’t bother posting some stupid screenshots from 5 years ago. I don’t care. Show you can get it these days.

Yet is obsessed with high GM.

Toss win an identical amount of tournaments as their GM representation. They are advantaged. It’s simply a fact. They are blocked from premiers by a very small minority of hyper talented players. It’s a skill issue.

A 12 pool would literally never beat parting, kid. After I invented this build & used it to beat parting, rogue used it in code s. Top players have been stealing my builds for years. I was the one who figured out 14 hatch before overlord is an extreme hard counter to cannon rushing. It’s how I beat parting so much. Serral beat Hero in the finals of a major premier, this year, using a 14 hatch vs a cannon rush. I could go pro, it’s simply a fact.

Lmao. Ok, he was #2 behind trap. My bad.

http://aligulac.com/periods/297/

That shows how little you know. The game’s talent peaked in 2015-2018. It’s all been down hill since then, and recently it’s crashed. It’s extremely boring. I can 15 pool ling flood allin to GM in all matchups. They just don’t know how to deal with basic openers. It’s just a fact. SC2 talent drove off a cliff. I had ~60% winrate vs Foxer and Jason back in the day. Guess where they are at now. Foxer is 5800 and Jason is 5700. Historically, ZvP was my best matchup. I generally had a 70% win-rate vs protoss. The great apes of grandmaster used to hate facing me. Believe it or not, theriddler used to be a great ape. He switched to terran.

Give me a call when protoss are 33% of GM & can’t mass carriers, storm, F2+aclick to gm with 110 apm. Until then, I am simply not interested. Protoss in GM have been doing this for 6 years, the game is stale as !@#$. The only way you can enjoy modern sc2 is if you are autistic. It’s not an insult, it’s just a fact. If you’ve ever seen a highly autistic kid watch the same TV show over and over again, that’s modern sc2. Yet protoss in gm just can’t get enough of carrier storm. I seriously, legitimately, question their mental health. They should talk to a doctor and get tested. I am 100% serious about that. The average IQ of an autist is 70. But that’s because it’s easy to identify the severely autistic. The more mild cases are harder to spot. The mild autists are hiding in their mother’s basements, playing video games all day long, and it would improve their life if they were to get tested & learn some coping skills. I have interacted with these people a ton. Their social skills are absolutely terrible. They can’t joke or understand sarcasm. They can’t take a mild insult. They have a fixation on a singular hobby. These are all markers for mild autism.

This is gonna sound arrogant as heck. But to understand my position you gotta understand this. When I was a kid I was a savant. When I was 10, I was doing as well on standardized testing as the average 16 to 18 year old. I was attending college classes on astronomy and chemistry with my sister. At the age of 10. At my core I am a scientist who likes to explore & test answers to complicated questions. That’s why I am always messing around with weird unit comps. My emphasis is exploration & testing. I am not going to abuse the singular strongest strategy for free wins. That’s not interesting. I am not going surround myself with people who have nothing going on in their lives except to spam video games all day long. Those people are not interesting. I want to talk about quantum mechanics, information theory, chaos theory, astrophysics. These people say “Why don’t you stop using hydras and instead mass roach like the rest of us?”. I simply can’t get along with these people. I will never go pro at sc2. It’s never going to happen. SC2 just isn’t interesting enough. The people who play it aren’t interesting people. The other GMs and I have almost nothing in common except for sc2.

Let me show you a couple photos as a visual aid:

https://i.imgur.com/UJd1C8P.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/6J1QbUH.jpeg

These are just one of a dozen hobby projects. I literally cannot keep myself awake spamming the same builds on repeat like a robot. I have to have about 10 or 20 of these kinds of projects going simultaneously or I am simply bored out of my mind. That’s my perspective. You can be the judge of whether it’s arrogant or narcissistic or whatever. I don’t care. I’ve been called that & worse so many times the words have no meaning.

The point is, there was a time when SC2 gm was filled with people who liked to create new builds & experiment with new strategies and styles. Those times are gone. Certain strategies have emerged that drastically stronger than any other strategy, and they reward grandmasters who do nothing except practice the same build over and over like a robot. All the creative gms are gone. The games are boring and repetitive. I blame the 12 worker start, and deleting “game ending moments”. The net result is modern sc2 is an apm spam game with near zero thinking. It’s just not fun. Add in the balance issue of Protoss putting apes into grandmaster, and it’s impossible to have fun playing this iteration of sc2. Unless you use the most try hard of try hard strategies, on repeat, you will get rolled by an ape f2+amoving skytoss. The game has been this way for 6 years. I am tired of it. I am not interested in sc2 competitive play. You can insult me & bait me all you want. It will never work. Get grandmaster to 33/33/33, nerf the power of economical plays compared to tech or upgrades plays, and we can talk. Maybe I’d be interested at that point. Right now, no, not a chance.

1 Like

Ok now fundamental question: why they do it ?
A) ouf of boredom
B) because they’re noobs
C) because lurkers are so f-ing imbalanced vs protoss that gate/robo army gets shredded and they are FORCED to go skytoss ?

If you answer honestly this question you might get a glimpse of protoss mindset.

No, it’s actually autistic. I bet you have no friends in real life and despite all those “talents” that you have, you live rather miserable life with above-average wages, no romantic relationships etc.

Dude you’ve been saying this for years, like you invented/modified some 3D printer and other stuff. Nobody believes you. Even if you did all this, how revolutionary your “invention” is ? Can it change our market ? Can your products be put into modern, commercial usage and change our daily life ? I doubt it :slight_smile:

And this is natural fate of any strategical video game and has nothing to do with innovative people leaving the game. Every RTS offers limited creativity. After years of playing, testing, inventing new builds, SC2 is simply figured out. You can’t invent infinite strategies. You will eventually run out of ideas.

They are very easily entertained due to a certain medical condition I mentioned earlier. You gotta admit, there are a lot of parallels in the behavioral patterns.

2 robo immortal can literally amove through lurkers. Chargelots can win too depending on if there is a flank. Blink stalkers work too. They walk forward, click a lurker, and teleport out. Heck you don’t even need blink. You can do it with just a warp prism.

I am sorry you feel that way. I realize we are on the diametric ends of a polarized balance discussion but at the end of the day I hope you enjoy starcraft and have a great, wonderful life.

Technically everyone is “autistic” because it means like an autist. So if you are a human being who drinks water and breaths air, you can be described as autistic. It’s not exactly a hard hitting insult.

I’ve had an awesome life so far. My grandfather was well to do and owned a big boat, multiple rvs, jet skis, the works. My father grew up poor in Idaho. His father got by by trapping beavers. Point is, he’s very nature oriented. He still talks of beaver stew. Basically every weekend we were camping & hiking and the like. It was incredible. We went to Lake Powell at least twice a year. Some summers, I spent literally no time at home because I was busy traveling and doing these kinds of events. I’ve met more people than I can count at those events. I remember one time when a buddy of mine dropped an enormous dookie right outside of the women’s restroom for the entire campground. His name was kyle. I can still picture his face & the way his cheeks puffed up as he tried to get that thing out as fast as possible. He didn’t want to get caught and we had no idea when someone might show up. Then we hid in the bushes and giggled as women came up and saw it. I had another buddy. I remember talking about taking machine guns to go scuba diving & shooting sharks. It was great. He’s no longer with us unfortunately. He was a wild card. We hiked the great divide once. I think it was windrivers in wyoming. Well he packed canned food and that stuff is heavy AF because it is full of water. He also didn’t bring a tent. Packing light and being physically fit, my legs were turned to jello after 1 day. It was good times. I have more memories than I know what to do with.

Funny enough, my buddy didn’t make it but his father is still alive and kicking. He’s vietname vet. Tough as nails. His wife got him into some trouble awhile back with a construction project. She was using his expired contractors license to build apartments. They were getting railroaded. The electricians were charging them $200/hour for labor. She had a non compete contract where she couldn’t hire anyone except them. So they now charge her whatever they want. She’s an old lady and got tricked. So I sneak in in the middle of the night for a couple weeks & finish the electrical work. They come back and say “We didn’t have this finished!”. She said they must be misremembering because they did such a great job and finished up so fast. She was so impressed at how fast they were that she left them a nice review online. Good luck suing a nice old lady without and proof. Lmao.

Anyway, you ought to see the thank you card she gave me. It’s the sweetest thing. It’s honestly one of my most prized possessions. I’ve got cars, boats, they are worthless. This lady gave me an adventure that literally no one else could’ve and I will be eternally grateful to her.

It’s difficult for me because I am a chick magnet. It’s hard to know which ones are for real, you know. They all get drawn in by showmanship. But it’s hard to find someone who likes the real you, you know what I mean. Women tend to be pleasers so they don’t express their preferences very well. Sometimes they don’t even know what it is they want. They are just sucked in by the fun and silliness and adventure. To build a true romantic relationship, you gotta get real. I show them photos of the last 5 terrible things that happened to me. You wanna know me? Look at these horrible memories and you will understand me and my motivations. I haven’t found one yet to survive that test. If I am going to be in a real relationship with someone, they gotta know the weight I carry. That way they can really appreciate who I am and why I do what I do. Unfortunately, I haven’t found my Magdalene yet. I call her my Magdalene because in the bible Magdalene is a woman who witnessed Jesus’ journey, including his death and resurrection. In a way, lots of people identify with that story because they feel like they went down the wrong path but they’ve changed their ways and are on the right path now. They are born again, in other words. I am not religious but man do I love a good analogy. Well the woman who sees that change is Magdalene. My Magdalene is out there, somewhere. Tall or shot. Skinny or fat. Black hair or red. Who knows. But she’s there. :kiss_woman_man:

Heck, she might be browsing the forums right now. Who knows. Stranger things have happened. :wink:

Honestly it feels like I am perusing through a vast library of wonderful books. Some hard copy, some soft. Adventures, horrors, scifi. Each one a magnificent journey of danger, adventure, redemption, connection. Well, they gotta be ready for my story too, not just the happy endings, but including all its horrors. To quote metallica: “Tear me open, but beware: there are things inside without a care.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3WIHtOmkBg
:metal:

Kinda. SC2’s design is rather limited by its game engine. There is a lot of room to expand on the RTS genre, the RTS genre just doesn’t have it’s “michelangelo” yet. I’ve coded three RTS game engines & worked on 2 more. I know of a lot of ways to make this thing better. For one of the game engines, it has fully 3D terrain. That means you can design units that walk on the ceiling. On maps you can have caves & arches, and you can plant detonators on the roof that trigger when they see an enemy unit. They then cause a cave in. That’s the wonderful thing about not just 3D terrain, but deformable terrain. But it’s just one of my many hobby projects, and I only work on it if I can find time outside of helping my family and my friends. They come first, forever and always.

This product isn’t designed to change the world. It’s simply for me to build a boat. It’s a 3d printer the size of a building. I have some AI software that designs boats. Well I have a boat designed and no way to build it. So I designed and built a whole new class of 3d printers just so I could build a boat. If you can’t tell, overkill is my middle name. They call me “XXXX overkill YYYY”. :sunglasses:

My boat project is a sub project to an AI research project that uses fluid dynamics to design solid objects. I used it to design turbo chargers for my hot rods. Well I decided to make a boat too. I gave it criteria for not tipping over, being able to turn with a small turning radius, and having a low friction coefficient. So the program ran for about 2 years on an old pc and it’s finally got the design done. The 3d printer I’ve been working on for about 2 years as well, but the AI project goes back 10ish at this point.

It’s a cool project but the reason it won’t change the world is because it wasn’t designed to. The parts are impossibe to manufacture with injection molding. That means if someone wants to build this machine it has to be 3d printed. There is easily a thousand hours of 3D printing needed to make those parts. It’s legitimately insane. Your printer will break down & need repairs at least 3 times on those time scales. So now you have to rebuild your 3d printer 3 times. That’s just to make the parts, not to mention putting them together. So anyway it’s impossible. Nobody on Earth will be interested in building this machine except me. Hard is my middle name, after all. So it has zero potential to change the world. Nobody is going to build this thing, lmao.

1 Like

LOL, kid. At this point i almost stopped reading your wall of text. Go play PvZ as protoss and show all tosses on this forum how you beat lurkers with immortal/chargelots and blink stalkers. You would need literally to be AlphaStar with infinite APM to effectively dodge every lurker spine. This is one of the reason nobody treats you seriously. If you want to have some credibility admit certain things are imbalanced. Like i am diamond terran and i know protoss gate/robo can’t do sh*t when zerg hits critical amount of lurkers.

Cool story bro. But we are talking about YOUR life not your father’s or grandfather’s.

Every video game developed these days, be it RTS or FPS shooter has full 3D terrain (level is stored in three dimensional cartesian coordinate system as opposed to e.g. 2D sprites used in old video games of the nineties (StarCraft 1 comes to mind). So your statement makes no sense. You’re talking as if SC2 engine used some pseudo 3d graphics like sprites or flat 2d terrain.

SC2 is fully three dimensional but unit movement is restriced to two dimensions X -axis and Z-axis for obvious reasons. Why would you introduce Y -axis control of unit in a RTS game like StarCraft ? So you want your mutas to change altitude during flight ? That makes no sense unless there is some specific mechanism which requires this sort of control.

If your product isn’t meant to be distributed worldwide, why bragging about it on battle net forum ? What’s the point ? You want to impress people playing SC2 ?

1 Like

little tip, there was a top event -ESL Spring Dallas.
You can see a few PvZs there. And even the commentators say it most of the time. → Zerg builds lurker the, toss sky transition or 2-3 Robo. The statement Lurker force Toss to sky is 0. If you have followed reynor, you rather have the feeling with Lurker you play on multi pog and not on direct fights.

but yes F2+ a- move is much more efficient with skytoss than with toss ground.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1dgm9fs/got_my_new_protoss_themed_keyboard/
1 Like

Have, at a gm level. It’s so easy it’s boring. I have no idea how people can stay awake playing protoss.

Adding on to one of them. The electrician that had a non compete contract with the general contractor screwed up the installation of the main power box for the whole facility. The power company had to come out to sort it out. At the meeting, they were looking at the code book with all the rules & regulations. The guy said he’s never seen that book in his life.

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Kinda true, not really though. You couldn’t adapt a SC2 style RTS game to run on a Destiny 2 map. FPS games have to manually design every facet of the map, which means ordinary people basically won’t be able to make custom maps. Additionally, there are restrictions to what the units & what their AI will be capable of. That’s why the AI of characters in 3D games is so incredibly derpy. In Destiny for example it’s very easy to find ways to “cheese” bosses because the AI is just so bad. You could not have a SC2 style game, with SC2 unit mechanics, on an FPS map.

Say that again, only slower. Also, you want to have Z as your up axis, not Y. It simplifies the matrix math. A SC-style rts simply can’t be adapted to 3D because the complexity of the algorithms just explodes exponentially. I am not aware of a single game engine except mine that has solved that issue. They simply don’t exist as far as I am aware.

Loads of reasons. Consider playing an RTS game on a spherical map like an asteroid, or a map with multiple spheres like an asteroid field. Or a simpler example would be a land bridge where you can can go on top or underneath.

This is what I was talking about with people in the SC2 community having markers for mild autism. The way you make friends & build a community is by sharing things about yourself. You might want to get tested, and I say that with absolutely no judgement attached.

1 Like

Yeah, lurkers can only work as a hyper-mobile harass-based comp. You basically can’t give the protoss a fair fight. Nydus helps, lurker drops help. If the Protoss has the time to set up a proper fight, he can just f2 amove through you. The problem is, chronoboost puts the advantage squarely in the protoss’ lap, and that means you need 100% of your units to defend. You simply can’t afford to go mobile. Cut your your army in half, by harassing with half it, the toss will amove through the first half, recall, and amove through the other half.

In a world where the zerg has tons of money (impossible, lol) you can make the game messy with mutas & then do the lurker maneuvers. But good luck affording 2 tech paths vs a race that has chronoboost & can simultaneously pursue all tech paths while outpacing you in army strength.

Dark vs Stats in the last 2 gsls are great examples. Stats is down in supply & fighting into a massive surround, but what does that matter I PLAY PROTOSS I DESERVE TO WIN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElocUIBIYQI&t=984s

Army supply before the fight: 115 (z) vs 99 (p).
Army supply after the fight: 49 (z) to 84 (p).

Toss is simply insanely busted. This is vs a toss who loses his third, by the way. Imagine a protoss who doesn’t lose his third. What would that game look like? Hmm. Yeah. It’s just a waiting game. The balance counsel wants a protoss to win this world finals and it’s going to be embarassing, we’re all going to cringe the whole way through it, but lets just get it over with so we can balance the game. After they have their world cup trophy they can stop crying and they will hopefully balance the game. But if toss is left this way sc2 is toast. There is no way players will stick around with this BS going on in 45% of the games they play. With GM 45% protoss, 45% of your games will look exactly like the above. It’s a joke. It’s not a good joke, it’s a bad joke, and bad jokes are the worst kind of jokes. The only thing worse than a bad joke is a bad joke that goes on way too long, and that’s where we are at.

1 Like

You suppose to understand why those additional people picked Terran and not something else, which I don’t. You’re not a mind reader. You’ve pulled literally any metric you can to define them and it always comes back the same, Terran players are no more casual, on average, than any other group. But you get angry and repeat that they are.

We talked about this previously, you still deny that literally anything is more difficult about Terran.

Right… Anecdotes that agree with your conclusion? Valid. Anecdotes that disagree? Invalid. Sounds scientific.

1 Like

Several People Here share the Same View as me and also have explained why they think its that way. Again, i dont need to know what they think in Detail. Its enough that we can assess a bias.

Terran is human Just as we are. They get introduced in the Campaigns the First and also its where the Story revolves around. Terran is pretty much Like any RTS faction and the Marine is the Most Well rounded unit against anything. Its “easy to use” so to say. For beginners.

Isnt it Just weird that the human Race is the Most popular ? Isnt it Just weird that they have the least amount of mmr on average ? Doesnt all those explanations Not perfectly fit?

You dont even have a real counter Argument. You Just say “naaah im Not a mind Reader we cant know”

:smiley: we cant know why terran is the Most popular Race ? Who are you Kidding ?

It Just came Out of the Blue and it Just seemed Like you gonna cry because simply No one agreed with you.

I actually dont think that terran has hard scouting Tools since you gonna harass anyways. And harassing means scouting.

I have Said before that there are difficult Things about terran. But scouting is Not a Problem.

But Back to the topic.

Terran is by far the Most popular race. Its Not Just Like random. Why do YOU think they are Most popular?

And again: If the Race distribution is this biased we cannot simply say: AVG mmr Low means Harder Race. Because we dont have the Same Baseline for all races. It is a biased Race selection meaning a certain Player picked a Race because of X reason. Meaning the Starting Point of the races are Not equal. Hence you cannot expect equal Outcome.

2 Likes

Oh, wow! You mean people agree with you? Oh, nevermind then. I didn’t know that people agreed with you. Well, obviously I take it back. That means you’re right.

Human/closely resembled humans are the most played race in almost any game. Take Baldur’s Gate 3: Everyone plays humans, half-elves, and Elves. It’s not rocket Science.

1 Like

So what does that mean ? Does that mean you can Draw General conclusions based on those distributions?

No ofc Not because we can See that the selection is biased

Make fun all you want but No one agrees with you.

Why would they ? “AVG mmr is lower for terrans therefore terran is Harder” is Just a pre school conclusion. Its Just so Bad No one would agree with you. And you even deny what the top and bottom 50% distribution means. The only Thing why terran has less mmr is because their distribution in very Low leagues. And what that implies is pretty Clear.

I mean honestly. You Look at 2 k mmr and everything you See is terran. And obviously they Play horrible. Not because terran is hard but because holy Moly they dont have a clue at all.

That you somehow want to blame it on terran is Just absurd. You still did Not give any Argument how to solve the biased Race selection. Cmon. Why would we still be able to make Broad Statements while the Race selection is this biased ?

2 Likes

? Reading comprehension?

I’ve seen a lot of these and most of what I see are people who are very obviously trolling or complaining because they don’t see why they lost.

It is extremely easy to see how and why Terran is friendly to beginners and I do not see how you cannot see it because it has been outlined repeatedly to you.

Let us use the most basic of examples. As simple as they come. Of all three races,

1. Terran is the one least screwed over by random air units. The Marine is a lynchpin in most army compositions for multiple reasons, is always buildable, and has pretty high cost efficiency when not fighting its counters when a-moved.
This is a very favorable thing for beginners because it means you don’t lose when you totally misread - or more likely, don’t even scout - what your opponent’s army is centered on.

2. Terran is the one best able to hold a defensive point. They have the most tools that afford a defender’s advantage - Bunkers, repair, Siege Tanks; Sensor Towers; the flexibility of building Missile Turrets anywhere and that typically have the highest DPS of the anti-air static defenses; the best ability to make doors and chokes anywhere that is a good chokepoint.
This is a very attractive point to beginners because it means that you are not punished (by the game) when you take things slow and avoid expanding as much as possible to make sure that you can keep yourself safe.

3. Terran is the one that has the most mechanics in common with other RTS’ mechanics. Builders build buildings that then build units, units and buildings can be repaired. This mechanic style is extremely typical and intuitive to people.
This is extremely nice! Things Just Work the way that you expect them to. That’s the most important thing imaginable.

There are more beginners/casuals playing than experts/advanced, for any game you pick ever. So since Humans tend to like playing Humans, & people who are not comfortable will not stop playing Humans?

That. Means. People who are bad. are both more likely. to not switch races. and also. to pick. terran.

So if we have bad players picking Terran more, and good players switching races more, that … definitionally means that Terran’s average rank will sink. Because the average will become steadily be bogged down by the larger base of its pyramid.

So if you look at the average of a subsection of that population instead, you get more useful data, because you are accounting for an effect that you know exists.

3 Likes

Showtime: “Terran is the hardest race”

Sentry: REEEEEEEE NO IT ISN’T!

Forum Nobodies: “Terran isn’t the hardest race!”

Sentry: SEE! Obviously this means I’m right!

Well, what can I say, you’ve convinced me.

Another time that you Dodge the distribution Argument. How can you Draw conclusion based on a biased Race distribution. Please explain.

Showtime in a Short Interview in a tourny after a hard Match 6 years ago to the Question why its hard to Play vs korean terrans as He doesnt have good practise Partners in Europe.

What a good Argument. Yes. Based on this very elaborate Statement we can definetly say terran is the hardest Race :smiley: Applause to you. What a Well written Argument.

1 Like

I know exactly what you’re saying. It’s incorrect and stupid. a GM Zerg buddy of mine wanted to practice his PVZ late game and since I was the only one he had available, he asked me to off race. He’s 800 MMR higher than me. We went 6-0. He didn’t take a single game off me. Let me guess, I’m just whining now?