Not available while initializing game mode

i found an old topic that had the same issues and tried all the suggested actions on this article and i also tried the WinMTR test and i wasnt able to get any of the IP’s for starcraft 2 to cause a connection error even after restarting the test. what am i doing wrong?

1 Like

Howdy Teeki,

These issues often indicate something is blocking the game. It may not always show as a problem in the MTR test. If you tried all those steps though, then I would recommend testing another network temporarily, like a mobile hotspot or try using a free VPN to see if there’s any change.

i got a vpn and it has me with a canadian IP and my ready button is still unclickable

edit: i just reinstalled and it also did nothing
edit2: just got a hotspot set up on my phone and when i swapped my computer’s internet to it that also changed nothing

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this same issue and have tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned above. I can get the game to launch (after a longer than normal delay) but then I can’t get past any of the menu screens. This is also impacting other Blizzard Games for me like Heroes of the Storm

guys, if you cant help me fix my multiplayer then i want a refund for the stukov coop commander i cant use

If testing a VPN and hotspot didn’t help, then it sounds like something on the computer is blocking the game from connecting. This could be due to background software like antivirus or firewalls. Can you try adding the games as exceptions in those programs? I’d also suggest deleting the temporary Battle.net files as there could be corruption.

i have went into both my malwarebytes and firewall and made sure that both starcraft and battle.net is listed on their exceptions. and while i wasnt able to follw the link you provided i followed the steps here and then i had my game scan and repair for good measure and still i have no changes to report.

i didnt mention this before but my starcraft chat works just fine. why is it that the starcraft chat conversions have no trouble getting through but game related content cant?

Hey Teeki,

Chat is indeed separate from the account data that is having issues in your case. It may be a corrupt cache or file permission issues that’s causing this.

You mentioned deleting the Battle.net folder in ProgramData. Try deleting the Blizzard folder, also in ProgramData.

I’d recommend deleting the Starcraft II folder located in the Documents folder here:

C:\Users(name)\Documents\Starcraft II

When you re-launch the game it should recreate those folders. If the issue persists though try creating a new administrator account and then log into that account before testing the game again.

once again no difference. coop still gives the same message.

worth noting is that all the trouble-shooting we’ve done since the beginning has made it so now every time i open the game im alerted that achievements are disabled until further notice and no portraits are loading anymore. those worked before i opened the thread, not sure which one changed that

Howdy Teeki,

At this point, I would suggest creating a support ticket with your MSinfo so this can be reviewed further. Make sure to include this forum thread and a list of steps you have tried to avoid any duplicate suggestions.

alright, thank you for trying