[Main Thread] Game not loading after clicking Play

here is a solution that enables you to start the game faster: start it with Battle.net in offline mode. while it will require you to log in from the game, it does go faster.

Experiencing this exact same problem since yesterday evening! Game starts loading, I get a kind of progress bar for minutes and minutes. In the end, the game doesn’t start. (Before, it started in seconds.)

In what might be a related problem , checking for updates (which I tried to see if a new update might solve the problem) also doesn’t seem to ever start. Just stays stuck at ‘checking for updates’.

Same issue, stuck on a windows loading bar following a Win10 Pro update. (i7, GTX1070). Tried reinstalling Battle.net and SC2. No dif.

1 Like

Same here, pls fix, Same here, pls fix

I feel ya there we just got to be patient and wait for Blizz to implement a game fix for us who got tricked into updating to the newer version of windows update.

Still was really excited to do Achievement Campaign Runs tonight.

Update:Guys it worked for me all i had to do was navigate to the SC2switcher_x64 and do run compability mode for win 8 and waited ten minutes after green loading bar it worked.

1 Like

Same issue here…Same issue here…Same issue here…

1 Like

Hey Mat try my temporary fix :stuck_out_tongue: it just worked.

I’ve fixed it: FIX FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T OPEN STARCRAFT 2 (2:1 issue)

1 Like

Guys don’t post logs, Blizzard was never able to help and will not be able to help this time.
Learn from history.

On the other side, karmondia’s workaround actually works!
Thanks man!

I had the same issue on Mac. When running a game from Battle.net client Sc2 started to launch but got stuck without ever turning on.

This helped me → FIX FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T OPEN STARCRAFT 2 (2:1 issue)

Logged in the Sc2 account when got in the game.

Same here. managed to make it work once but now its stuck again…

Its related to servers. It simply verifies instalation status every single time you launch the game online. Launching offline skips this process.

Same problem. Dont want to keep trying, so waiting for a fix

1 Like

same I cannot load the game it jusdt says waiting on update and nothing happens very annoying

The workaround (without having to use the exe) also works from the launcher. Click play -> Disconnect wifi or lan cable -> wait until it launches -> reconnect.

ill remain hopeful and try problem is I uninstalled the game and now having issures re installin fml you think it will still work?

Temporary workaround/update:

Disable internet for a few seconds, start starcraft 2, then as it loads, start the internet again. For me it allowed me to go into the game without manual login.

Same problem here. Figured out the problem happens because the launcher cannot connect to 137.221.64.1, 137.221.64.2, 137.221.64.5, 137.221.64.8 and similar servers, which is “us cdn blizzard com”. However, I have a complete and up to date SC2 installation, so why should it ever try to connect to these servers?

no thank you for your help in this matter don’t know what else to do and sf2 is too good of a game not to be able to play again! :frowning: ty hope we have a fix soon

So we just have to uninstall SC2 and play something else. Thank you Blizz.