[Main Thread] Game not loading after clicking Play

Thank you, I have this problem often (sometimes after a new patch, sometimes without a reason, just a bug out of the blue), recently it showed up again, an Talv’s solution fixed it!

I’m from EU too btw.

Talv, you are doing God’s work here man.

Thx, it’s working fine also in Germany (de/de).

Solution: [Main Thread] Game not loading after clicking Play - #167 by Talv-2620

Solution:

I have the same issue! Blizzard what the hell?

Seriously blizzard…its been DAYS and people who BOUGHT your product cant even use it, if your latest patch broke something…hey you know, UNDO it?

TL:DR > Stuck on Green loading bar when trying to play the game because of #reasons

Sincerely a paying customer

take it easy and try to explain a bit more about your system. there is also certain third party programs that is known to cause issues. i do not have a complete list but, onedrive and msi afterburner is known to cause issues at the very least. if you have those running, you should close them while playing starcraft 2.

1 Like

I dont have anything running the background, legit only had discord and firefox open when i try to play basicaly.

all my drivers are up to date
i tried reinstalling the game
my hardware is not malfunctioning in any way
my OS is fine, not corrupted in any way

ive been running the game fine since WoL and never had issues then all of a sudden i cant even enter Bnet anymore, looking at the forums it seems this is happening to many players, leading me to belive the obvious, blizzard is the one with the issues now hence im demanding a fix, i get that you’re trying to help and i appreciate that but i doubt theres anything to be done unless its by blizzard as the game is clearly not connecting to their servers.

you could try to disable discord. a way to get around the problem is to run battle.net in offline mode and then log in from starcraft 2 directly.

Are you serious? again??? Game not starting, instead there is green progress bar…

Happens to me every time (even with the old versions). The game takes 5-10 minutes to start, I think it keeps rescanning game files.

1 Like

Worked for me great. I dunno what really this does, “But hell it’s about damn time”

Hey why you closed this thread??? Fix your game, again this bug, game not starting, instead there is infinite progress bar…

1 Like

Same here. Second day that I’m not able to play.

2 Likes

Same here, it did start after many attempts though and alot of waiting.

Update: I got beaten 12 times in a row when i got on, now i dont want to play anyways :joy: :sweat_smile: :sleepy:

1 Like

You can disable internet adapter, have opened bnet first and than launch game, than re-enable internet, login. But it is annoying as s hit.

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue. What works for me is the following :slight_smile:
Disconnect your internet connection fully. Start up blizz app offline and launch sc2.

When the game is launched reconnect to the internet and log in with your details.

Man that’s stupid . i’ve had this problem since a month and as i notice the thread , it’s been up since quite some time now . Can’t you guys work on a fix more efficiently ? this is quite frustrating .
Re open this thread again for the love of god

1 Like

The solution with the offline start don’t work. Billizard made some mess with the last update. Some solution, developers?

1 Like

To the developers (Which probably never gonna read this):
Guys please, let jenkins FINISH FIRST !!! and only hen hit ‘git push origin master’
Thank you …

for me executing
arp.exe -d *
as described above did not work.