[Main Thread] Game not loading after clicking Play

wow, still not working

yeah it happens again today…, wtf guys? Why is it taking so long?

Still going on.

Now I can’t even update to the new version. It’s like Blizzard WANTS me to never play this game again.

Edit: I’ve decided to uninstall. With SC2 being unplayable, the last game from blizzard I will ever play, it’s over. After many years of WC3, SC2, OW, HOTS, I can finally say that I’m done with this failed company. Like all corporations do in the end, they too succumbed to the omnipresent greed, and it corroded the heart of the company into dust.

Farewell, and thanks for all the fish. If by any chance an employee reads this: You’re being exploited. USA is the land where only the rich are free, and they get rich by underpaying poor souls like you, and overworking you to death, without giving you what you fully deserve. Flee.

2 Likes

In device manager, go through and check for updates for everything on your system, one item at a time.

that method rarely works, as windows usually think that the best drivers is already installed, even when they are wrong. if you do update drivers, i suggest visiting the manufacturer of the device you are looking for drivers for(the company that released your pc for motherboard drivers). this problem however is not driver based.

It’s a definate network issue. I sniffed my NIC and found that SC2.exe is trying to connect to a non responding server from port 1120 (Battle.net data transfer).

My solution is very close to the others proposed here:
Open CMD.EXE and run the following command while SC2 starts:

ipconfig /release & ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 & ipconfig /renew

11 Likes

So far we haven’t received much information for this issue. Our team is looking into this issue, but with this mostly happening with EU/Asia connections, we’re gathering more information. Please include the requested data from earlier.

Same issue here. Can’t play

Интересно, у многих не работает?

Windows откатил, мне помогло.

From US, using xFinity, and the game has worked fine before. Last time I ran it was about 20 days ago, so today it updated. The game will load and sit at the SC2 login screen. I put in my info, and it loops me back. I put in a bad password just to see, and it comes back with “bad password” so there is some kind of communication. The looping goes on and on and on…As far as offline play, I’ve never been able to play this offline, I’ve paid for all the expansions, still nothing. I can log into the Battle.NET launcher no problem, same with online and in these forums.

Encountered this today and looks like it appears at very random times since I had no problems for the last few weeks

Region: EU (Russia to be exact)
ISP: 2COM Co Ltd
WinMTR test results: pastiebin .com/5efb368863656

IDK how am I supposed to share the result if there is no attachment and hyperlinks are unavailable. I have results in 3 different text files like it is written in that article

you can post information from text files in the post. you should however use the proper tags, so that people can scroll inside the text and is not forced to scroll the forum post.

the bug is back again…

it does take some time to start the game now, yes. your best solution is to put battle.net in offline mode and then start starcraft 2, though that means that you need to log in from the game.

It’s back. Worked for like 10 days, but now it seems even worse than before. Loading time is longer then it was in the beginning of the problem

I sure enjoy not being able to play a game I paid more than 100 bucks for

Same problem. It takes about 20 (!) minutes to run the game but when i was trying to play everything crashed in a 3 minutes. Also I can’t run the game in offline mode because of error about NO INTERNET CONNECTION to run the game :slight_smile:

Having this. fix it.

Unfortunately WinMTR gather information about hosts which sometimes are written as website adresses/links. Of course I can break them with spaces or other delimiters but that looks more like a workaround. It also writes it with spacing so adaptive HTML and forum width limitation will make some of it pretty much unreadable, depending of the length of the host names.