Main Thread - Error when joining or making lobby

i cant make any melee lobbies either

Guys be patient. Blizzard only has 1 intern on their entire Starcraft 2 team working on this issue since they abandoned it in October 2020. He/she is probably just as frustrated as us trying to figure out a solution alone.

7 Likes

The error remains on my side as on 25/12/2020, 05:18 am. Iā€™m trying to create lobby from SEA (GMT +8). Still have the error message.

can you please fix the game and stop MESSING with it while it is working?

1 Like

Yup, this is still broken.

Same here. It has been over 1 day that I have noticed.

Last i checked, only Asia as far as i have tested is working. EU may have improved.

1 Like

This issue in the NA server seems to only occur during US day time and fixed during US night time.

Letā€™s pick a time of the year when people are off and likely to play the game more, to break itā€¦

6 Likes

Guess your devops team is on vacation or you donā€™t have an oncall rotationā€¦

2 Likes

issue still remainsā€¦
I guess Blizzard really had big budget cut for sc2 eh?
RIP SC2ā€¦ was fun while it lastedā€¦ :frowning:

3 Likes

eu sever isnt working anymore. was though 6 hours agoā€¦ so frustrating

The issue has arisen back around the exact same time (PST 12:00 AM until 3:00 PM most likely a bot from Eastern country datamining blizzard yearly). And is now happening for both EU and US. Korea/Asia servers are most likely next, which will add a giant spike into the current sc2 community. Suggest fixing this, else a lot of people at home in Asia are going to make some pretty loud phone calls lmao.

Any official word from Blizzard on this? SC2 feels very broken right now. Canā€™t create custom games, often getting kicked out of ladder.

It appears to be a global problem with SC2 and SC. I tried switching from NA to Europe servers and SC2 still produced an error when trying to create a private melee lobby. I then tried SC1 and it too hung when entering a game!

1 Like

[UPDATE #4]

Continuation of my previous post on what the issue is:

https://ibb.co/ZNX3Qcj

It looks as if it is either erratic (works on and off), or that it is account specific (since there are lobbies that are up while I canā€™t create).

Perhaps it is a server host thing in the US? (Since I attempted to upload the image to Imgur and it was down also haha.) Meaning if they chose to go with Amazon or one of the big cloud computing players, and that one of their servers went down.

https://ibb.co/7kCfNyy

So, this is still an issue for me, and seems to still be broken for others as well. according to the timestamp I see from the last Blizz post, itā€™s been 26 hours since we were told

ā€œWeā€™re looking into this and will update when we know more.ā€

Does this mean that in 26 hours you have uncovered no information about this major outage, or that the claim you would update us was false?

Itā€™s a shame to see things going this way; Iā€™ve never had a job where I had the luxuries of a) keeping the customer in the dark or b) measuring an outage in terms of days rather than minutes, but it doesnā€™t seem like a good sign.

2 Likes

I too am having the same problem. I noticed it began on the 23rd of December but was working the morning of the 24th. However it is no longer working again. I canā€™t gain access to any lobbies within my own region but can get into lobbies outside of my region. Hope this gets corrected soon.

Just now the issue became fixed for me (EU)

Still not working for me !