Main Thread - Error when joining or making lobby

Good luck fixing it, any ETA on a fix yet?

1 Like

Joining the bandwagon

1 Like

Same here, unable to play, no posts by blizzardā€¦

1 Like

Still have the issue.

2 Likes

Same here, I havenā€™t been able to load a Custom > Melee > Lobby for 2 days now.

@Blizzard: any word on what the issue is, when it might be resolved or if there is anything we could/should do about it? Weā€™re kind of stuck hereā€¦

2 Likes

Same issue for me here.
I submitted my support ticket.

1 Like

How to submit support ticket?

Spam support tickets so the guy in charge of forums is constantly harassed to get the tech guys moving lol. (edit: I meant the one tech support guy left for sc2)

1 Like

Incompetent monitoring system, ā€œlooks like it started yesterdayā€, you donā€™t have automatic alerts for this sort of things?
Hundreds of users experienced the issue yesterday and it happened again today, noone could create lobbies. This is unacceptable, especially for the holidays traffic.

2 Likes

I will add onto this that it seems to prevent most maps. Some maps are fine, ush as direct strike, while others, such as Ark Star or Dust Bowl(A blizz melee map) gets blocked.

1 Like

blizzards support twitter has acknowledge the issue from a replay to someone asking them about this last night as they said as of 11 hours ago ā€œits a known issue and there is no ETAā€ what bothers me is they wont publicly make a statement on this issue, only just replay to people as far as I could tell

2 Likes

GLOBAL_TIMEOUT error still remains while creating a new lobby (STD in my case). Looks like an attempt to make people spend Christmas eve in real lifeā€¦ But those of us who prefer virtual relations will find some other game

1 Like

Game is completely broken. I just uninstalled. Itā€™s beyond annoying and terrible timing. How does a huge multi faceted company screw up this bad in time for Christmas? Itā€™s one thing to release a broken game ala project red. Itā€™s another thing entirely to break a decade old game for multiple days over the busiest time of the year.

6 Likes

Blizzard!!! Wake up!!!

1 Like

Weā€™ve hit at least 48 hours of this server-side issue continuing, and ā€œWeā€™re looking into thisā€ is the only response weā€™ve gotten in all that time. Has Blizz simply abandoned StarCraft II and this is their completely unsubtle way of letting us know?

2 Likes

Still global timeouts going on. Blizz baby, all I want for Christmas is to avoid family holiday obligations by playing this gameā€¦

2 Likes

Ok. Itā€™s time to uninstall this piece ofā€¦ my life

2 Likes

Was able to play a game this morningā€¦now back to an error message.

i actually brought the Mengsk character thinking that if I spent some money maybe they would let me play. didnā€™t work

It is odd that some of the custom game lobbies work like Direct Strikeā€¦ or that some people seem to be able to host other lobbies that a large majority cannot. I can ladder 1v1, but I canā€™t play most custom game lobbies and Iā€™m really sad about that because itā€™s been going on for TWO DAYS NOW!

I often times get the error ā€œGLOBAL_TIMEOUTā€ when trying to create a lobby, after waiting about 2 minutes before it timesout.