Main Thread - Error when joining or making lobby

Leviathan, so what happened exactly would be nice to know what the problem is.

2 Likes

they say the support is ended so how we suppose to have a fix ?

Well, i’ve tried to play, but I’ve got a lot of problems also on Coop. But the point is that, like a lot of people, I play with friends (3vs3, 4vs4). And we’ve been stucked, we couldn’t play properly for days. So it’s not an excuse “switch to that”, because my friends don’t like Coop.

And BTW: SC1 had LAN. Which was a great removal from SC2, and you see now the problems (as many pointed out: if people payed with micro-transactions like in Diablo 3 or WOW, this problem would have been immediately addressed).

1 Like

Few friends here in California still having the issue. I even tried reinstalling to no avail. Creating a custom game, then it just sits in lobby, then a timeout.

I myself don’t know. However, knowing the exact cause doesn’t really do anything for the actual front facing issue. Plus, the true, exact reason would be highly technical and not understandable by the majority of people.

Bliz said the development of new, paid content ended, not support.

There’s a maintenance coming that hopefully will fix things. The maintenance in EU last night appears to have resolved their issues.

2 Likes

“The system is shutting down in 30 minutes.” on the US servers.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to say to “switch to Co-op”, I was trying to tell you that the ‘game hasn’t been killed’ and as an example, Co-op came to mind for me. When the servers get fixed, they’ll still be people who’ll play 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, etc.

the servers are back up on the US side, seems to be working, I could create a custom match, and an arcade match.

1 Like

i cant load the game yet, maybe need to restart pc

Error 5:740 tried restarting pc, running in admin mode, etc etc

It currently work for me. At this time it’s usually broken.

Seems like the fix worked, i’m just hoping i’m not talking too soon, please don’t break it again !!!

Work fine for me :smiley: Thanks, it’s about time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I was able to instantly get into an arcade lobby and a melee lobby.

However, my score screens are still erroring out.

It seems to be fixed.

Despite the delayed response, thank you Blizzard staff.

1 Like

Team 4v4 and 3v3 matchmaking is working for me again on EU and US servers.
Even a little bit late, thanks for fixing it! Better late than never!

1 Like

It works! Thanks for giving me late-night life back, now I can wind down and play some games before sleep.

I second that comment!

Finally, thank you. Nevertheless, I’m very curiuos about the problem, can’t you ask?

Hello everyone,

I’m glad to hear the positive reports that custom lobbies are fully functioning again. The issue would have been resolved following the maintenance that occurred earlier today.

Due to a large influx of players during the holiday break, one of the backend services for Starcraft 2 experienced an instability which caused these errors. This is why the service would function properly when there were less players attempting to play custom games (during off-peak hours), but the issue would return during the more popular hours of the day.

Thank you all for hanging in there and reporting the information that you were able to. Our Starcraft 2 team will aim to improve the response to issues like this going forward and will be working to improve stability to prevent it from reoccurring in the future.

17 Likes