Bug preventing me from joining custom games for the past several YEARS

Every other day I log into the game and try to join a Custom Game, it will say “downloading” for a few seconds, then “Entering Game” for a lot longer then it will show me an error saying, “An unknown error has occured…” or some BS like that. This has been an ongoing issue for YEARS!! Please for the love of AMON FIX THIS!!!

Doesn’t matter how many times I try to re-log in or quit/restart my game. No effect.

Have you tried either of these:

• Deleting your cache.
  • Using a VPN.
  • Reinstalling SC2.
  • Using a different network (e.g. playing at a friend’s place).

The main problem here is that since your problem is intermittent (“every other day”), it is going to be a very difficult task to narrow down the root of the issue.

@Kyrie

You and I both know since the holidays started that there has been a spike in problems in hosting customs games and this forum has been very loud about it. It’s been down for like more than a week or something. Two days ago it was fixed

As far as I can see, the issue has been fixed for a few days now. OP’s current issues, if he’s having them right now, are abnormal and likely has something to do with something on his end rather than the servers

Sometimes I cannot help but wonder if people actually read other people’s posts before commenting. Especially if they have no intention to help TS the issue.

Plus the fact that the issue has been resolved:

Considering there’s “downloading” and “loading” involved, do you still have free space on your disks (system and the one SC2 is installed on).
How much free RAM do you have?

Maybe you’re in a situation where “Technical Support” would be more appropriate?
Because you’ve had the issue for years, so it’s unlikely to be a widespread bug, and more likely to be specific to you, your hardware and your circumstances.

Linking this other thread because it seems to be the same problem: