Leveling prestige should be faster?

Is it me or is leveling prestige such a drag?
I have unlocked all prestiges on a few commaders but this is burning me out.
I am playing on hard till lvl 5 then going brutal till 15 and still it feels slow

I saw the video that Ctg made on how to use craddle of death leveling but you need a partner to do so and still…it doesn’t look like fun

Blizzard if you are reading this, can you boost the prestige leveling really…really up a notch or 10

The prestige at this moment seem like a punishment instead of a good reward, the effort you have to put into this is insane…and if this is a take on how to get people longer in the game …i rather have a new coop commander that feels new

5 Likes

When you level a prestige you like play around with it. You don’t have to go level another prestige. You are allow to take a break from leveling.

2 Likes

Reminder that warchest is going away in a week

3 Likes

Instead of speeding up Prestige, they need to make it more fun

1. Choose the prestige you are leveling with

2. Most of a Prestige‘s benefits should be available from level 1

3. When releveling make Mastery available

5 Likes

Why do people feel the need to unlock everything only to enjoy parts of it. When unlocking the part you like and enjoy is already an option? :thinking: weird.

I guess to add onto that, what’s weirder still is that the enjoyable parts are there still. So don’t reset every single commander… and go and enjoy them if you feel it dragging on the one you did reset.

2 Likes

Excuse me for disagreeing with you but, the point of unlock the content, no matters if is a part of any size or all the content, is presicely that. Have all unlock to enjoy more without limitations
And again an appologie to you for what im going to say but, that thing of dont reset every single commander sounds a little mediocre and conformist.
The problem is that thing that Dan has mentioned, the system of grinding really it feel more like a punishment than a reward or somenthing that worth the effort, and again i repeat, say that silly answers of: if you dont like dont doit, or dont reset and keep in the parts enjoyable, are lazy and conformist excuses.
I have all the commanders till now, and of course i dont have reset all, because i first thig about the serious garbage that is the grinding of that way only to have a little or insignificant variaton of gameplay, i only have unlock 2 prestiges, the p1 of raynor and tychus. And guess what my estimated friend. Im already sick tired of do that, and the sadd part is that woul like to unlock some other prestiges, but im already sick tired of reset and grinding that only result in 1 logic conclusion, stop playing, because the alternative is do something that is unnecesary and not fun in any way. If Blizzard wants to kill more faster this game, surrely is making a good job with this bad grinding system.
Again an appologie if i sound offensive, but i can assure that is isnt my intention to be offensive or offend you in any way or form, and plus another appologie for my bad english.

3 Likes

Is not you, the method of obtaining the prestiges is the problem, becasue it really is a bad method, it shows laziness of the developers.
Instead of making the unlock like something more rewarding, like… I dont know, how about making the conditions to unlock bonded to achievements with very specific conditions, like for example the p1 of raynor. Well since this prestiges is for boost biological units, why dont the condition of unlock will be centered around creating “X” amount of “X” certain units in “X” time limit, or a combo of creating “X” different biological units in certain amount of time.
But no! They decided to use the most anoying and lazy method that can be/use, the bad tedious grinding

1 Like

yeah great point …mastery would help alot

That quote right there is my problem.
I feel the need to unlock everything and since I have all commanders I feel the need to unlock them all.

Which should be a good thing if the leveling would be fine.

You’re tip to unlock a few is good and I didn’t reset them all…only the ones I am working on…but yeah the urge is still there to unlock them all for all commanders

Best thing I am doing right now is to limit my time a day for playing Sc2 …to not burn out.
So my experience is still enjoyable

1 Like

Agreed, no one should be resetting all commanders unless they know what they’re doing and enjoy the grind somehow.

But if you want a CO’s P3 only, you’re stuck with having to do P1 & P2 first. That worsens some of the other issues, as mentioned in KrikketOne’s post - Ex. Mastery isn’t available and some abilities related to the CO don’t activate until a certain higher level is reached.

Vorazun is the biggest offender in that regard. And Fenix has that one prestige (Network Admin) that doesn’t activate until lvl 15 :-/

4 Likes

The problem is that to access any prestige beyond P1, you have to grind for a long time.
It silly that If I like and want to play with P3 of one commander, i have to spend an eternity grinding and releveling 3times.

I suggested that a prestige reset should award you 1 point to spend on any Prestige talent you want, so people can just focus on the ones they want and have fun but it fell on dead ears it seems.

5 Likes

Same old discussion still though. I guess vent it out then keep working on it.

Every time this is touched on, it’s always “but it is just such a grind”. Like I said, if it’s a grind then you truly need to do something else. Watch a movie, go out (if you can given the situation), pick up a new game/hobby.

The point here to reiterate isn’t to get hung up on “OMG it’s such a grind tho”. The point here is to realize that if it is to pace and do something else in your life.

1 Like

You should pace yourself. Which is why we suggested you play the COs you like after you level it. Enjoy it in between leveling or play on your favorite maps while leveling. If you don’t, you will become so tired of the game that you will quit. I have seen it.

If you feel you only enjoy the game after you prestige all 54, than you should put up with the punishing grind. Nothing else to say than that. You can’t have it both ways.

It is highly unlikely Blizzard will change this.

This is meant to keep everyone busy for a long time. I work long hours and have a family so it will be a long term project for me.

1 Like

I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of keep busy, no matter wich quantity of time.
I have a live too, i have to work and help my family, but this is the problem you maybe cant see. If you really have to work long hours and put atention to your family, the is silly to only think that grinding will be fun.
In my case, i want to enjoy the new aditions, but that cant be, becasue i need to streesme more instead of play for unlock the prestiges, like i said and repeate again, only unlock those 2 let me sick tired of that, and what would you think that no only me, but anothers would like to play with other prestiges, like the p3 of stukov, or the ones of karax for example? Now having in mind that im really tired of doing that, what kind of incentive, would work to those who like me are tired and instead of have willing to play, preffers to leave the game, what would you thing the company think about lose people only for a bad mechanic?

2 Likes

Prestige levels should be an additional levels without resetting the commander.

Personaly, I didn’t ever bother with leveling all commanders, and after initial look at prestige perks, I couldn’t see any reason for me to prestige anything except Stukov and Zagara. But thinking about resetting Zagara 3 times to check out Mother of Constructs and Apex Predator… Well, if I go this way, I will probably will never touch Zagara again after this long ride, since leveling here can be quite a pain.

3 Likes

That’s why I suggested you enjoy the prestige you leveled or play on your favorite map when you grind. So the grind is not punishing.

Also you are leveling prestige so you are essentially leveling a new style of playing. You can also learn and enjoy this new style of game without thinking it is a grind.

Whether we like this grind or not, whether I understood you or not, we are stuck with this. We have to deal with it.

My friend, im not trying to be offensive or ofend you with im going to say, but that you have mentionet, doesnt have sense.
The problem of that is simple, the prestige was made to open new stiles of gameplay and/or buff some that already exist, thats ok, no complain, the problems radicate in many factors, starting that of “favorite map” playin only in that way is counterproductive, because firts, the player must renounce the 25% exp bonus, and second only play in that way doesnt have any difference of being or turning the player into a bot. and with the plus that even the playing much the favorite map, that will result in oversatiation, i can assure that many who use that method, will now be sick tired of that map, even is is their favorite

This has no sense too becasue, like already say it, the prestiges are adds, no less no more, take for example the p1 of raynor, in wich part this prestige change the form of play? You are wrong trying to think that is leveling something new, becasue it isnt, and besides, this suppose new stile, can be learned more efficient with max level, because not all prestiges work with low levels or respond in the same way in level 1, than level 15 with all masteries activated. So think about it more carefully please, becasue i repeat, im not try to offend, but that you say it has no sences at all. I can assure this becasue when i reset for the p1 of raynor and thycus, i dont havev the need of use any new change, only focus to get them to the max, the most quikly possible, becasue the real experience, can only be usefull and enjoyable at the max level, with the masteries. So, there is no new learning, in the re-leveling up. only a stressing race to get the commander at full again.

Saddly i concurr, and more saddly is that this bu"$"shi#%# only proof that blizz is more lazy and hideous, more and more every time.

1 Like

I unlocked the prestiges I’m interested in and I’m taking a break from leveling, and just playing with the commanders I like the most.

Completionist mentality can suck the fun out of the game for some.

I’ll go back to prestige at some point but I’m in no rush.

1 Like

Everyone’s has their life outside of coop. If you really can’t find your own way to enjoy it, the advice has always been just don’t play it. It sounds harsh but grow up and understand a good advice when it hits you multiple times in the face.

What’s being suggested to you is swap what little time you can allocate to gaming (on SC2 coop) to something else you would enjoy. If you can only enjoy a few styles or a few commanders that require that much “tedious grind” for you, then don’t do it. If it’s not worth it, don’t do it. That’s how life works. Don’t get stuck in that mode of “no I have to do this cuz I’ve been doing this for this long now!”

I can’t believe how many people are like that… and if by chance, the devs decided to ease this limitation on prestige leveling, then come back and enjoy it again to your heart’s content. No loss there, the game isn’t going to run away on ya…

I releveled my favorite comanders only, and had fun doing it.
Devs can’t keep everyone happy as people want different things.

1 Like

I’ll say what I said in the other similar thread:

It’s the “repetition” process that makes it a chore. If Blizzard released 54 new unique commanders (Tosh, Selendis, Valerian… you can fill the 54 list with your favorite names) you will never see anyone complain about leveling all those 54 new commanders. I would go even further to say that people will start throwing money at the screen.

You can argue that “releveling” is fun, just like starting a New Game+. Like re-eperience what it feels like to relevel a commander again. Doing it more than once is the issue, because most of those prestige’s don’t offer a lot of uniqueness during the leveling process. I can personally say that I enjoyed releveling P1 for a couple of commanders. But I will honestly wait a very long time before getting the “releveling experience fun” for P2 ( I did P2 Fenix and Alarak, but the leveling of P2 wasn’t fun in itself).

4 Likes