Let's talk counter play for drilling claw drops

Yeah, things that are actually fair, you know. It’s not magic that Toss never wins jack.

Didn’t see your name at the top of the lists of people “striking out against the unfairness” last year when Stalker Zealot was literally all Protoss ever had to do to win against Terran. So let me ask you, just how many Speed burrow mine drops are winning tournaments against Protoss? Guess what, “Jack,” Terran is winning the exact same as Protoss, pretty much never. Zerg players are taking everything.

No stop your crying, whinebot 2000.

2 Likes

Drilling Claws does not reduce the Widow Mine’s cooldown, and it does not reduce the Widow Mine’s activation time.

The Liquipedia article states that the upgrade allows Widow Mines to “activate 3 times as fast” (which would not be related to the cooldown), but that statement is wrong. The activation time remains 1.5 (1.07) seconds regardless of the upgrade.

Drilling Claws only has two effects:

1. Reduce the burrow time from 3 (2.14) seconds to 1 (0.71) second(s).
  2. Remove the flag that makes burrowed Widow Mines visible while they are on cooldown.
2 Likes

I didn’t even play SC 2 last year? I had 3 season finishes before this year in LotV, because Protoss has only existed to suck.

You can’t tell me it makes sense/is fair that so many Terran units get to have the same range as the tempest or more, yet they do lots of DPS and some have a lot health. W/e a person thinks that makes the idea of the tempest having DPS be imbalanced, you know… just make the unit function like every other Terran unit.

Awesome. The liberator that already owns everything on the ground totally needs to be better at harassing than units that’s sole purpose is for harassing, that cost the same exact amount as the liberator. Come on.

Everyone wants to act like a f’ing idiot, like it’s just skill and magic that Toss never wins anything. Every 10 year old Zerg is just a prodigy. Terrans are just too skilled to be beat in T vs P. The greatest magic act going. Vegas, eat your hearts out.

Perfect balance is hard to achieve, if not impossible. But having a game this illogical/inconsistent and unfair is just as hard of a feat to achieve. They did it, though. What a talent to have.

what unit from any race has 15 anti air range?

Calm yourself, kiddo. End of the day, it’s a video game.

4 Likes

That being said, Tempests are kinda bad (outside their AA niche) whereas Liberators are really, really good.

I mean when I play Protoss, outside of some silly PvT proxy SB Tempest shenanigans, if I’m forced to build Tempests, it usually means I’m on the losing side by a wide margin and I know it.

1 Like

Cyclone :woman_shrugging:

The tempest has the stats of a 0/0 cost unit for the price of 250/175 and takes up 5 supply a unit…

I’m still under the impression that it’s supposed to be a joke. Like… where’s the punch line? I don’t get it. It’s beyond a bad unit. It’s clearly a joke unit.

I think void rays are really good units. That puts into proper perspective as to just how bad the tempest is. It’s unplayable bad.

I don’t think Tempests are a joke but they really, really need to not be as bad. The problem in a nutshell is they’re expensive, overkill like mad and attack slower than a sleeping sloth.

Personally, I’d change the attack animation to a beam of lightning, make it instant (like a flash of lightning). That alone would probably be enough.

1 Like

The problem with it is everything. It does next to zero DPS. It’s easy to kill, despite its range. It’s not the most mobile unit. It doesn’t do anything well… It doesn’t even have range superiority vs Terran.

This unit is utter garbage. Even if the unit had splash damage, it still might be the worst unit in the game. This unit is so far away from being properly balanced, it’s insane. It’s like paying 275/175 for a 5 supply marine. It’s like… okay? You want me to lose every game. I see.

It’s role isn’t DPS but burst damage. And it does this fairly well.

But that projectile is just bad…you can’t give a burst damage surgical strike unit a slow moving projectile on a slow attack speed…that’s insane…

Right, because Terran has SO many cyclones against Protoss in late game. It’s not 15 range, it’s 15 leash range. That means that a 120 HP unit has to get within SEVEN range to lock on, at which point, Carriers, Disruptors, phoenix, Blink Stalkers, Charge Zealots, Immortals, Take your f*cking pick, will rip them apart.

1 Like

I wish they would just make it Toss’ version of the tank. Where whoever has the position first is in a good spot. As of now… it doesn’t do a good job at anything.

There isn’t a single ranged unit Terran has that I wouldn’t want to trade the tempest for. Low DPS units clearly aren’t good if they don’t have any abilities… ESPECIALLY not 275/175 price tag worth/good + 5 supply. It’s all-around asinine.

Tempest only cost 250/175.

Only 25 more gas than a Voidray

1 Like

“Only?” The void ray isn’t even a unit you can make vs Terran. The void ray is good vs Zerg and Toss. The tempest isn’t good vs any race. It’s extremely bad vs all races. Only slightly plausible vs Terran.

Switch to Terran, play some games vs Toss and trust me, everrrrything will become clear to you.

2 Likes

In BW, I thought T vs P was really challenging. So, I started playing P vs T and just exploited everything I knew to be incredibly hard for Terran to deal with. It was even easier than I had thought it was.

If I started playing the other side of this matchup, I’m pretty sure it would be the same thing.

he’d rather just whine… he doesn’t actually care to do anything else.

3 Likes

I’m actually really curious if there is absolutely anything hard about T vs P. I would play some games if it were like BW where you can just practice/play w/e matchup you want at the time.

But, I have no interest/reason to want to play T vs Z or T vs T. If BW worked like this, I would have never quit playing T vs T, cause it wouldn’t have been an option. It’s just how the game works now. Sucks.

In the time spent doing this whine thread, you could have been playing and getting better.

Did whining make you feel better?. Sure, but it won’t make you better which is why you will continue to fall and continue to make whine threads.

This year both Protoss and Terran have only won 3 tournaments each while Zerg have won everything else. What idiot would be like “lets nerf Terran” when they are doing just as bad professionally as Protoss is?.

1 Like

What idiot wouldn’t buff Toss, relatively, while they trail the other two races? The problem is obviously queens and infestors. Zerg is unbeatable. They keep buffing Terran to give them a shot against an unbeatable comp. Meanwhile, they ignore Toss exists, so Toss just ends up being unplayable vs the other two races.

So… you tune down Zerg, you make Terran make sense again, and there you go.