Let's talk counter play for drilling claw drops

I’m all for buffing Protoss. It just depends on how it’s buffed.

IMO, Zerg and Terran both needs nerfs to “buff” Toss. The thing that truly stands out is the tempest needs to do DPS or simply be better in some way. That’s the only unit that truly grinds my gears in an UP sense.

No they do not. If a race or unit is under par you buff it.

So pitch ideas instead of pitching whine.

Yes, they absolutely do. They’ve over buffed units to the point where they’re comically f’ing stupid. Those units/races need to be brought back to making some sense. If those races made an iota of sense and didn’t offend common sense, we wouldn’t be talking about Toss being UP. The only unit that would still suck if the other races made sense is the tempest.

That’s not my job. I played the game. I know it sucks. My only “obligation” is to be like hey… I’ve played thousands of games. You should do your job and make it better. You know, compare it to Terran units to get an idea of how incongruent this is.

If the tempest was like the thor, I would be ecstatic. If it was like the siege tank or the liberator, I’d probably ask for it to be nerfed. This unit could not be worse. Anything they do would have to make it better. They just need to be aware of how far away it is from being good.

Your whine is absolutely pathetic.

1 Like

Your assessment of my whine is pathetic. I don’t want my units to be invincible or have invincibility and have 20 range and do 1k burst damage. That’s what every unit needs to be to stay balanced with the other races, if you go the buffing route. It’s dumb. I don’t want super human, stupid freaking clown units.

1 Like

That’s nonsense.

I’m talking about like reverting the Protoss upgrade time nerfs that were done.

Who gives a s about reverting unnecessary nerfs to Toss? The race was already the weakest then. Come on man. “I know what we will do to solve Toss. Give them their HP back on the assimilator.” Queens can beat every Toss unit at even supply.

Every Terran unit is better at harassing than the oracle, has insane range and DPS, while the tempest is told “you’re not allowed to do damage cause your range is just sooooo long.”

I’m talking making sense that makes a difference. You’re talking about rearranging the chairs on the titanic, and then calling it a different ship to stave off it sinking.

Switch to Terran if you think it’s better or easier than Protoss. Lets be honest you won’t because you are a whiny baby.

Instead of spending years learning a race in a game that might not even have another year left, I’d rather just vent about the obvious and hope to god paid “professionals” think about doing their job? Call me crazy, though.

SC2 has plenty of years left.

That’s obviously your opinion. I don’t share the same one. Especially if they don’t improve the game far more than they’ve ever done to date.

Race picking (MUs) was common in BW. Not a single person does so in SC 2 due to matchmaking differences. As someone who played Terran at a higher level than every other NA Terran (BW) in SC 2, except Major, pulling out the “Terran card” with me makes absolutely zero sense.

If I wanted to play Terran, I obviously could have and would have. End of story.

1 Like

Remember when widow mines were invisible when burrowed out of the gate? That was an amazing time. Protoss players were able to deal with it then, even when they came much early. What happened?

3 Likes

I invented the “maxpax build” due to the invisible mine. Every other game, a clown would try to proxy factory me and then lift it in my base due to how broken and free win’ish it was.

Thus, I would just send out a probe early that would see if a scv was going to proxy something (would cross its path) and then I’d make a gateway at their natural, just so it could spot a scv if it were going to proxy (if it didn’t show up at my main, I could deduce what it was doing and thus stop it).

As for widow mine drops, it’s not the invisibility that is the main problem. Sure it was good, but you expected it every game. When a guy can get an upgrade that should be termed “invincibility until your mine goes off and kills 10+ probes,” then that is a problem.

Maru has a build/style where he just drops mine after mine. I don’t even know if he gets this upgrade, and no matter whether his mines kill any probes or not, he still wins every game, simply from forcing Toss to stop mining.

If you have the apm or persistence to harass Toss, you shouldn’t lose. The race is god awful at dealing with Terran harass options.

2 Likes

Most WM drops by Inno/Maru are done as WM opener idr if the game on Year Zero had Drilling Claws or not. This is a matter of how Terran design works, you have a mine and you have a drop. Unless you make Widow Mine unloadable…

1 Like

Yeah, I dunno what you do unless it’s like BW where a mine can’t kill a worker unless an army unit sets the mine off. It’s silly to watch a guy have “perfect defense” vs mine drops yet still lose, though. Or get behind in the game, rather.

There really isn’t anything. You just make gateway units and charge in…

5 Likes

Watching HM rek some 6.2k MMR protoss who couldnt deal with reaper… I know skill difference makes the worse player look like a joke but the comment was " how does protoss reach even 6.2 K MMR if they cant even deal with reaper harass?

The obvious answer is #Protoss.

yet we see whine threads by maybe same kind of GM’s who whine about:
Widow Mine, late game, BC, Terran Mech, Terran MULEs, repair PF. lul.

Yes there are GM that for the similar MMR range look terrible… yet there they are… idk I cant explain it. But Playa is t hat obviously. Because the patch has been like that as less than 2 months, what about all previous months?

There was also the other BROTOSS… why dont they take a lesson from these streamers… cause I feel some of the complaints are from Potatoes who only make themselves good when they show their greatness on bnet forums to GM posters, while you see them on stream and gosh are they terrible.

2 Likes

Here’s a perfect example of this

Dark vs Maru

Game starts at 1 hr 33 min

You can get this stupid interpretation for the sake of question and diminish the skill of great players. Or you can be a decent person and see that they are also playing good players and consider that Protoss has the smallest room for errors specialy early on in the game. It’s like questioning how do a GM loses to a cannon rush and then there’s Printf, how do a GM loses to a 12pool? And then Stats loses to a 12pool from Serral.