Is anyone concerned about the APM requirements of SC2?

Maybe I am the only one who feels this way, but why is Zerg and Terran so APM demanding? Protoss in GM have as much APM as Zerg in Masters. What’s the deal with that? And for that matter, why are there so many Protoss in GM right now?

I am starting to think Protoss is much easier to play at the GM level. As a Master Terran, I am thinking of switching. It makes sense, really. Protoss in GM have Master level APM because there are Master level Protoss in GM! That might be why there are so many Protoss in GM. And explains the extraordinarily low APM for Protoss in GM. In fact it makes perfect sense.

I am sure the Protoss who are GM level have the same APM as Terran or Zerg GMs. But there are just so many Master level Protoss at the GM level. That’s why I am thinking of switching (at least until the next balance patch!). There just isn’t any use in breaking my wrists as a Terran player.

I get that Serral won a lot of tournaments. But at what cost are we going to keep buffing Protoss? The game is not playable at the GM/Master level. Does professional play really take priority over the actual players of sc2? For the health of the game I sure hope not :sweat_smile:.

Those are my thoughts!

BLOWko over and out!

5 Likes

…and you know where to put them, Yes?

5 Likes

Why is the concept of a fair game so reprehensible to you?

1 Like

I know the game is not fair. Some protss nerff should be reverted and some Terran/Zerg nerffs should be applied.

You mean the “nerfs” that caused Protoss GM/Master representation to skyrocket?

1 Like

Since when did apm=skill? Spamming hotkeys to 300 apm doesn’t mean you’re doing anything. Protoss requires precision and using your brain, not spamming hotkeys and pressing T

7 Likes

There is a strong correlation between APM and league. It’s irrefutable. APM is the best indicator of skill other than MMR but MMR is biased by balance. APM is not.

There is variability in APM so on an individual person-by-person basis it doesn’t have much meaning, but as an average of thousands of players it is defacto proof Protoss is easier.

AlphaStar had fixed APM and with fixed APM Protoss was its strongest race by far. Protoss simply requires much less APM than the other races. That means its easier to play.

That’s called a special pleading fallacy. Protoss can spam as well - why don’t they?

That’s called a second special pleading fallacy. Terran and Zerg both require precision as well.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Breaking news: regular forum whiner gets account banned. Blows dust off the attic floppy disk and puts out another forum personality. Subtly insults streamer while doing so.

4 Likes

I bet this thread gets banned soon, too. Batzy batzy batzy what are You up to?

Seems like every metric where zerg is high and protoss is low is a valid metric of Balance.

What Comes next? Total amount of units built? Zerg: very high, terran high, protoss low= ultimatly means protoss is easiest because You dont need the skill to Build units and with fewer units You need to micro less.

Yeah i can see batzy using this Argument.

3 Likes

Why dont you watch angrycoach by winter. You will see plenty of people spamming hotkeys ridiculously with 300 apm, and doing nothing. It is actually something that happens routinely.

3 Likes

When will protossers admit the truth that their race is op? No race in the history of sc2 has had double the gm representation of another, the fact that their gm’s avg apm is lower than zerg’s in masters is just the :cherries: on top!

3 Likes

Yes, it is also irrefutable that people with higher APM spam more than people with lower apm.

2 Likes

Because protoss is not OP, and everybody knows that any zerg player is one league higher than any toss/terran player because zerg is by far the easiest race to play.

Protoss simply requires much less APM than the other races. That means its easier to play.

Protoss requires spellcasters and micro to be good. It is the weakest race by far early game and requires micro to survive early aggression by zerg or terran. Zerg doesnt require much of any micro. These are not secrets and pro streamers will tell you this over and over.

Says the platinum protoss… patrol?

3 Likes

Zerg have more apm because they can spam shlt, the only spam Protoss have is warp in and even the cost of the units are so high that it isn’t as present as spam of Lings/Marines, also Protoss are required to transition to heavier tech than any race, unless you are only playing Mech.

You can make an argument about Terran bio that requires constant drops which forces more APM and makes the APM usage more risky, but Terran still have the option of playing Mech.

1 Like

Reading comprehension is your friend:

Cherry picking != valid argument.

Fact denial isn’t a valid argument sweetie. There is a strong correlation between league & APM and that’s the fact of it. APM is a good indicator of skill.

The least played race, the race with the lowest win-rates across the whole ladder, the race with the lowest representation in Masters/GM, THAT race is the one that is boosted! :clown_face:

Protoss requires LESS micro to be good, as shown by average APM per league statistics. That’s the problem.

Sweetie, Zerg and Terran are equal in APM requirements. It’s Protoss that’s the outlier. Protoss has extremely inflated GM representation. Protoss in GM have APM lower than Master league Zerg/Terrans. It’s obvious there are a bunch of Master level protoss gifted GM by balance.

2 Likes

It’s worth noting that the blizzard team is quite likely highly incentivized to ban anyone who criticizes their work in a legitimate way. If everyone in SC2 starts talking about how they’ve truly botched the design of Protoss, citing facts & statistics, it looks bad for “professional” game designers. In fact they recently re-assigned SC2 to a new studio (LOL) which I will gladly take partial credit for! Hopefully the new team has taken a few classes on statistics and sees that the old team has completely destroyed Zerg and to a lesser extent Terran and that that is the primary reason the game is dying.

Fix the absurd balance issues and fix the absurd game lengths and SC2 will be where it once was in terms of popularity. Continue obsessing over serral at the detriment of all other considerations and this game has its fate cemented in stone - it will forever be a joke that you crack at the bar about how the biggest RTS game failed because Blizzard listened to a few internet SJWs who took offense to an exceptionally talented individual winning a lot.

3 Likes

Which prove. PrOtOSsIS MoRe SKiLl cannot explain gm. And also prove. SmUrF ExPlAiN Gm is wrong also…

1 Like