Improved Vorazun Dark Pylons

Very OP… it neutralizes all non heroic detectors that way

DT would be invulnerable to any non hybrid army (protoss observers would be a problem unless vorazun brought oracles)

I don’t think its that OP.
Vorazun has many Anti Ground stun abilities
Give Oracle’s Stasis Wards can stun multiple enemies, able to be attacked, all enemy types are stunned.
Corsairs can stun ground units/structures in area.

While enemies in DT’s Void stasis cannot be attacked and one target only and cannot be casted to heroic units.
How about we make it castable to Structures and Non heroic Air units only?

How about we don’t touch it? Dark templar is strongest unit and this ability is useful to remove detection. If you can’t snipe detection you get complications - that’s the point of interesting gameplay. What you suggest is make already most useful comp on Vorazun nearly invincible for the sake of making game boring (i can’t find other explanation). Better to just increase void ray damage, and don’t touch other things that are working fine. Ah yes, return technology adapting while using mind control as it always was in starcraft from bw times.

1 Like

Necromancy is strong.

Agreed, but in OP’s defense, he/she/they are talking about an update to their modified version of the CO. Would be silly to start a new thread for “Dark Templar’s Void Statsis are now enabled to target Air.”

1 Like

I was sure I read that before. I had; your post :slight_smile:

I never knew DT’s Void stasis can lock ground units is that what Dehakaburger is trying to say? I those were for detector structures only.

It would be nice if DT can trap air detectors though but Yeah I say leave the Air to Stalkers and Corsairs.

Ok, how about DT can cast statsis on air units but only air detectors like Ravens, Overseers, Science Vessels, and even observers (Even when cloaked, DT they can set up to target)?

Update: stasis unit doesn’t support Jinara or activate Locks

If they stasis air detector, how enemy wave is supposed to kill yours? That’s exactly what I was talking about - without detection corsair will be able to easily annihilate entire air wave, I don’t get what interesting would be in such a gameplay. In current state of Vora, you have ability to do such thing, but only if you snipe detection manually by killing it, so it’s risk-reward situation, what you suggest if instant freezing detection out of the picture, and even doing it automatically. What Vora could use too, auto-blink on stalkers maybe, but surely not enhancing her strongest unit.

1 Like

He does raise a valid point. It’s not difficult to cast void stasis, u can always place it on multi-cast as well.

DTs are plentiful fairly quick, so there should be at least a compensatory mechanism. Thoughts?

Fair enough, Void Stasis can remain unchanged.
What do you think about faster Solar energy charge during Time Stop?
I am thinking of giving this because during time stop everything accelerates and since Vorazun have the most useful SOA abilities next to Karax without Solar energy charge, maybe she deserves it.

I didn’t notice this change. According Editor, the only units benefit from this, not SOA.

I think Shadow Guards are meant for Reinforcement and Early superiority. I’m not sure How can it be changed. (perhaps give energy discount)? For me I don’t use them as much as Black hole or Dark Pylon because I already have my Army.

Solar energy is already regenerating faster - this 20 seconds is falling out of time, so basically when time stop ends, you have got solar energy for a free 20 seconds. I personally had problems with energy only when losing dark pylons and when mutation is tough. If something may be improved in top panel, it could be shadow guard, which can scale by time increasing their numbers, for example.

Yes pls! Perhaps 100% faster for 20 seconds.

@ Dehakaburger, I think what Chickenator meant was that the enemy and most timers are frozen for 20 seconds, so in theory we’ve gained more SoA in that one instant relative to the enemy and mission timers.

But I still think SoA should regen faster during timestop, and not just by the same % as the timestop mastery points chosen; but by :100:% .

1 Like

Why for? Vorazun is pretty strong commander already.

Okay, I suppose the only time you need extra SoA is if a mission has gone horribly wrong or during some mutations.

I would prefer to take all early engagements with enemies in black holes. Either for me or for my ally who’s covering for Vora’s slow start. In some missions, extra DP’s is more useful than extra BH’s (ToTP, MW, VP, MO, RtK). For such missions, can’t use BH’s for every enemy wave (wasteful) and most larger bases don’t all jump at you for attacking from one entrance. I’d like to drop DP’s for ally too. Currently, only BH’s.

Because of Time Stop Accelerates everything.
I’ve done some experimenting, It’s out put increases by 40% (unfortunately that is the minimum number I can set) and the result was as less as expected.
5.6 > 7.3 Solar gain during 20 seconds. Well, seeing Time stop can accelerate everything and using once can give bit less than half of a Black hole cost. We can implement this.

I don’t think that is necessary, the Solar regen is 0.2817 per sec already. You are right, but with a buff this small I don’t see why it can’t be implemented without nerf.
And who knows? those little extra Solar energy may worth something

Time stop accelerates aspeed and mspeed and cooldowns in order to give units more room for dealing damage and close to targets during time stop. If you want the same thing for solar energy, then you will have to decrease overall solar regen for the sake of balance, which will made Vorazun more reliable on ts then now. And don’t forget that ts is basically free black hole (control) and free temporal pylon (increasing dps). So in a way time stop already saves alot of solar, and I see the difference, when I try to use it as frequent as possible.

It literally uses energy.

If OP’s test results are accurate, then even if energy is increased during Time Stop, it sounds like an extra 5 per TS.

Even in a game with 5 TS… which almost never happens… that’s just another Blackhole. I’m not sure the concept of balance is in question at all.

Only that much? Wow that is way shorter than i can imagine.
Can we make Time stop quicken cooldown too?

I applied Strike of the Shadows Energy regen buff to the SOA.
The change wasn’t too bad, the improvement made SOA charge more energy before but just enough to make a gradual but steady change.
Resulting in 5.6 > 8.4 Solar energy in 20 seconds, 10 with Time stop acceleration.

1 Like