Ideal Mission Order for LotV campaign

K

Yeah, but that’s not just the only reason, though. They could easily make a remote control robot shell and deploy sole those. Their warrior never have to fight a single day in the real front line.

I think the main reasons (in addition to yours) are about their tradition and honor. And if they aren’t going to stop sending real warriors into the gun fight with blade, I don’t see why they can’t left Shakuras fend themselves off for a while. It’s even such a long delay.

1 Like

They did. The robots turned on them and tried to kill them.

I meant a remote control kind. The one where you control them remotely by a live Protoss. Or even just an automated kind. Program to wage war, but not A.I. far from it.

1 Like

Sentinels then. Which they also made.

Or sentries, or Reavers, or colossi.

The protoss use a lot of robotics. But theyre hampered in that a lot of their tech is powered or controlled directly by their own psionics. You cant have a robot replace an Arbiter, for example.

Yes but it still not going to do that much as the psi blade will in the form of damage.

ensure suvivor all protoss like especie even all life in the galaxy ,airtifact " last hope"a fast travel with allies > temporarily save some protoss (the key piece for victory(Zeratul said) is on another planet) that have a defensive planet, super weapons, a army , and start indefinite preparation for defense

coelctivism cultural, sacrifice personal, honor in battle ,the difference is that the zerg do not ask questions, they only do it as a mega organism, the protoss choose and pride this lifestyle to found their culture

Because that’s a fallacious leap of logic and would catapult their race to the precipice of extinction. In protoss society you sacrifice for the whole, not the other way around.

Go play literally any of the protoss campaigns where everything is done “for Aiur” and explain what you think that means exactly.

Yep, and they could also make something similar to completely replace the Zealot. There is no need to ever field a live Protoss ever! Not with the kind of technology that they have.

I don’t see why not. If we can sent a UAV to replace bomber, the Protoss can send a UAV kind of arbiter out. I refuse to believe that they lack communication technology to pull it off.

Two things, Brother.

First off, even if it’s just a 10% increase, it’s still worth it.

Secondly, you’re overselling the blade. Would you like to fight me to the dead? I’ll let you have a plasma blade that can cut anything and I’ll use fully loaded hand gun. Or I can give you a foot long plasma blade that can cut anything while I wear a powered suit with two feet and a half think plate.

Another Strawman?

Yes, as I mentioned many time prior when this subject came up; this is the weakest point of my argument.

Anyway, as a refresher, I’d like to think that Artanis’ concern is far beyond just his people ‘Khalai’ or even the Nerazim. Getting a weapon that will save Korpulu Sector should be his first choice even if it delayed his visit to the Nerazim somewhat.

Moreover, you have never even once try to prove that going to Korhal first will result in total annihilation of the Nerazim. On the contrary in fact, you have help me prove that going to Korhal first will resulting in a sacrifice of a ‘few’ Nerazim.

1 Like

They did! The sentinels and the purifiers! Its experimental tech though.

Its not a question of communication, theyre space wizards. They cant cast their spells from the other side of the planet, they need to be on the battlefield pumping their totally not magic into the machines to make it work at all.

Its not a strawman, its just a direct refutation of the idea that Artanis would be fine leaving the Nerazim to fend for themselves, at all, ever, for any length of time. The only reason he would put off going to Shakuras is if he thought they werent in danger at all.

If his people get wiped out in the process then he loses, straight up. Maybe he can still kill Amon, but the logistics arent in his favor, and he certainly cant call himself the leader of the Daelaam anymore if he just leaves his people to die when its inconvenient to help them.

So remember that Golden Armada that attacked Aiur that Amon has? It knows where Shakuras is.

You need to actually look up the definition of a straw man because I’m not sure you actually understand what it is. If you did, you wouldn’t label everything under the sun a straw man.

You: Protoss don’t care about saving protoss lives because honor is more important and so they can put Shakuras at risk to go get the artifact

Us: they have the most life saving features of any race and their collectivism prevents them from putting their society in danger in exchange for military victories

In what world is that a straw man? It’s a direct refutation of your claim. Is “straw man” now your automatic knee-jerk reaction when you have nothing else to say?

That being said, I’m proud of you for disagreeing with Kelthar for once. This is the only known instance as far as I remember. :man_shrugging:

Yes, and it should’ve been something that they have already perfected long ago. Not still in experimental stage like they did.

I thought they already have the technology to utilize the totally not magic? I’m fairly certain that we have a couple of sample where they use don’t need to use the totally not-a-wizard in order to perform the totally not-a-spell.

Yeah, but that not what he typed. He frames my idea as if it’s a sacrifice of the whole (Nerazim) for a few (which is what? I don’t know).

Agree, my while idea is that a trip to Korhal won’t lead to that.

Yes, but that another can of worm. What are they really up to? Where are they? We never fought them until the last mission. And more importantly what Artanis thinks they’re doing? Even if you went straight to Shakuras, I don’t think Artanis can do much to save his people. The Spear of Adun is impressive, but it wasn’t fully function, I don’t think it can stand up to the Armada.

1 Like

Is misrepresenting the idea of your opponent to your favor the gist of it? Because if it does, then I don’t need to look it up.

For example, this is not my point. Not even close.

My point is that the Protoss is not such a wimper to the point where they’re afraid of sacrifice anyone to achieve the overarching goal.

Additionally, I never denied that they don’t care about each other or their own life. You seem to think that I do. So, that’s Strawman, right?

In a world where you clearly misrepresented my point and doing so is counted as Strawman.

Thanks, but this is far from the first time. There was an issue about Tal’darim mothership. And the Zerg evolution. And then there was something about the Protoss’ totally not a magic. And the Primal Zerg’s hydralisk.

1 Like

“I must reach Shakuras before Amon’s armies”.
~Artanis

The remainder of free Protoss are on Shakuras and would get devastated by the Zerg or golden armada. Ergo, they are at risk if attacked. You’re sacrificing the whole for Artanis and his military victory. Why is this hard?

Protoss tried to keep the location of Aiur a secret for as long as they could because the safety of the people is paramount even if the Protoss thought they could crush any attack that comes.

It’s not a strawman if it’s unintentional.

Gradius can’t be purposefully misdirecting the discussion if he really thinks that’s your point.

The language barrier has been a thing.

3 Likes

And I directly refuted that.

It’s like you don’t understand that templar want to fight and be on the front lines but that the emphasis placed on lives is immense. They’re not mutually exclusive concepts.

You implied zealots are considered somewhat expendable. Obviously I know you know Protoss place some emphasis on lives. No $hit. Stop being so obtuse.

I still directly addressed the core of your argument.

They did! And they subsequently tried to kill the Templar, so they tabled that line of thought.

Arbiters, like High Templar, use their own innate psionic abilities to affect the battlefield. Unlike the high templar, they channel their powers through the machines in the Arbiter vessel to achieve things like stasis and teleportation. But the Judicator captain is necessary for this to function. They have to be physically present to power and operate the machines.

I mean, thats what your idea sounds like to me. “The Nerazim can handle themselves, leave them to their own devices while i go do something i consider more important.”

I mean, obviously we get the same mission regardless, but i went to Shakuras on my first playthrough and i distinctly remember noting that it would have felt really, really awful if i had gone there after Korhal or Glacius, and i could have saved thousands or millions of Nerazim if i hadn’t delayed.

It absolutely cannot, thats why its important to grab the Nerazim and bug out. Shakuras cant stand up to the Golden Armada and it cant just magically relocate itself, but the Spear of Adun can at least keep on the move.

Oh, I know! I’m perfectly aware of that. You guys don’t live in my head, it’s my job to explain myself correctly and comprehensively. If you misunderstood my point, then it’s my fault and I have to explain it better.

However, for some reason Gradius believe the opposite. You probably don’t notice this, but every time someone misunderstand each other, we just try to explain ourselves again and move on. My Gradius, on the other hand, just cry Strawman and call people idiot. So, I’m having fun crying Strawman every time I fail to articulate my thought properly.

???

We’re talking about Sentinel and other Automaton, right? An empty shell (to my understanding) that program to fight. That contains no personality whatsoever. It can’t rebel because it has no ‘feeling’.

My point is that why don’t the Protoss deploy that or some remote control robot.

Okay, I thought the machine is completely capable of channeling the not-magic on its own. Still, not all unit is like that. The Protoss can drastically reduce the number of live Protoss on the battlefield with their technology.

I mean the only difference between robotic Zealot that control by a templar from a safe distance and a live Zealot is the safety of the Protoss. The Protoss Army wasn’t going to be anymore dangerous with such technology so they should fear it.

Yes, that’s quite accurate. We can argue whether or not I’m correct, but it’s not sacrificing many for the few at all.

For reference, my idea is that ‘The Nerazim can handle themselves, leave them to their own devices while I go for this small detour of equally important’.

And I agree with that the delay will definitely causes a lot of Nerazim live. However, that’s about regretting your decision and it has no place in the actual decision making. Hindsight is 20/20 and all.

Yep, and this is going to sound very cold of me, but if the Golden Armada is going to Sharkuras, then it’s already lost. Artanis cannot beat them to it if that’s Amon’s first target. The Golden Armada will get there first. And imagine the situation for a minute. How are they going to grab anybody and bug out? The Golden Armada is already there! As we’re both agree the only thing that keeps the Arkship save is its mobility and vastness of space. You practically bring the Arkship to meet the Armada how do you think that would work?

I’m a bit busy so I’ll just trust your intellect. My point is that the Armada is obliterating Shakuras and the Arkship comes to the scene. My guess is that the Armada will simply took out everything the Arkship included.

1 Like

The sentinels were derived from the Purifier robots. Warriors with full brains are just better than AI, but when the Purifiers went rogue, the idea of totally replacing the Templar was shelved until very recently. The Conclave, being tradition bound, never touched the idea again.

Again, the last time they tried to replace the Templar with robots, the robots turned on them and tried to kill them. Hence their not pursuing the tech.

Heres the thing. Artanis, and most of the Khalai, would never consider some inorganic thing to be of equal importance to the lives of their brothers. Theyre just psychologically incapable of thinking like that. Individuals sacrifice for the whole, not the other way around. If he had a chance to mitigate the harm done to the Nerazim, he would do so, because their people are all they have left.

But its not hindsight! Artanis clearly and explicitly calls out that there is a race to get to Shakuras ahead of Amon’s armies. He doesnt just go there to rally some warriors, he recognizes there is an existential threat to all of the protoss.

<citation needed*>

The SoA is the absolute peak of protoss tech, and the Armada is currently deployed all over Aiur, having been caught in the middle of the reclamation. He has the initiative, to borrow from Dungeons and Dragons, he gets to make the first move.