I told you so about Protoss

I just don’t think this unit should be in the game.

I would be more than happy to give Disruptor/Immortal/Colossus for the good-old Reaver.
Otherwise (if you mean removal without compensation) i would ask you how would you feel if Tank/WM/Marauder/Cyclone were unexpectedly removed from the game?

1 Like

Never messed with a reaver.

Ya, it sucks when a unit you like is removed form the game. Blizzard has done it before though. They took away the mothership care.

I just think Blizzard went a little too jolly with an explosive unit that serves very little purpose other than “comeback” potential.

Now, i am sorry that you have fallen victim of the hype and misconceptions of half-ignorant casters that usually blabber that Disruptor is a comeback-unit. Yea, the only scenario where that is true is when you are desperate and build one or two Disruptors.
That is hit-and-miss even for the likes of Stats/SoS/Zest.
That in a despeate situation can give you some 50% chance of come-back…
But there are over there people that build the whole strategy of ground-supremacy in the early-mid-late game with the Disruptor at the center and they build not 1-2, but not less then 8 and not more than 12 Disruptors…
That is a unit that is too unreliable in low-numbers and too-terrifying in sufficient numbers.
Just ask KingCobra about that…

I haven’t fallen victim to caster hype, its what actually happens. When I’m behind as protoss, I go disruptor because its my best chance, and actually works quite well. When I play against protoss, and they are behind, I’ve seen it bring them back too.

When pro players are behind, they do that method because its currently the best comeback method of the game, and probably too high of a probability.

I don’t know about how many disruptors it takes to make a difference or not, that’s just my experience, and as a spectator as well.

I think you really got the point here: the MU is TOO MUCH BINARY.
P successfully contains T with early game gateway poking? T lose. P doesn’t prepare in time for the T mid game push? P lose. P get AoE? T will probably lose while transitioning. And so on.
I thought the new mech style could solve this but I haven’t still understand if this has become a real alternative to bio or not.

1 Like

At least all 3 of us agree that such binary state is not desirable. In a previous debate that i had with CrusaderKing i even tried to locate part of the terran-frustration in PvT as to the effects of two Protoss WMD (Storm/Disruptors).
It’s either protoss falls-flat on the face or he crushes the terran with such force that it causes frustration and a feeling of unfairness.
The root of the problem is that outside WMD, Protoss army is so junk that can hardly take a battle in the middle of the map without …Cannon/SB.
It’s extremely hard to balance this race due to the indetermined damage caused by AOE.

Fun fact: we found a common respectful language nearly from the first moment. With Crusader has been an ugly battle. Oh boy, we have traded attacks and insults at the begining like it was no tomorrow…
Latter, you can see now. It’s take two to tango.

1 Like

Terran has too much DPS density compared to Protoss. Zerg can better resolve this by both their army mobility and re-max efficiency. Very difficult to change this interaction but now my question is: what’s Terran response to Protoss AoE aside from micro-intensive solutions (ghosts, splitting, multi-prong, ecc.?) Could it be going into the fight with more beefy/less DPS intensive compositions? This would make the MU less predictable and more dynamic from my point of view.

1 Like

That’s a million $ question. In the future some great mind (on the terran side) would be able to find a solution. Those things are of the calibre that make one’s name a fixture in the Starcraft-history.

1 Like

Yust one curiosity: How many Reports are required in order to ban a poster? That woud come handy for calculating how many accounts a :rat: like You use to silence people.
Last year you changed nick and began “contributing” with :do_not_litter: in this forum. For Dr. Goba it was easy to detect a Piece-Of-Sophisticated (POS) well-educated and articulate piece-of-work like You.
Please do nor leave this forum. If you were not a genuine specimen Dr. Prof. Goba would be forced to create one…
It’s so easy to discredit whineterrans with the aid of the likes of you…

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

I still do believe they nerfed the wrong aspect of the Zealot.

Would be better reduce his HP or shield a bit rather than the damage. This unit is way tankier than has any right to be IMO.

And please tell: how you calculate precisely how tanky any unit has the right to be? You know (i hope) that your precious MM+Tank+WM are ranged? A zealot has to have a certain Shield/HP in order to reach your “squishy” units (that with Medevacs are not squishy at all) and return the favor?
Or just nerff the Protoss and Balance be damned…

1 Like

Protoss AOE is THE MOST MICRO INTENSIVE mechanics!!!

2 Likes

I wanted to see how much longer they can keep stating that liberator is all AI and no micro. Even with liberator harass you want to target workers rather than stalkers that blink out after taking a hit. Against stalker collosus/disruptor balls it’s advantageous to take out the AoE first. Against Zerg it targets the first thing that enters the radius, which tends to be zerglings, instead of the ultras that you want to take down. It’s things like this that people don’t notice if they don’t actually play the race.

When a unit that has more HP/Shield than a roach,marauder,hellbat (which is fair since it is a melee) and can be built by the very first military building with no tech necessary while having free armor and no gas cost, I do think there is something wrong.

Even worse when you consider that you can just “set and forget” as they will happily charge for their own doom as they will soak up a lot of damage for their deathball and making good amount of terran friendly fire as well. Tank + WM loves to hurt marines when chargelots shoryukens everything in sight.

It would make much more sense for me if the anchor of the frontal assault was the Immortal, since it is the tanky one that can take hits instead of throwing suicidal mineral dumps because then you can micro what really matter (HTs for instance).

But I’m just a Gold Terran scrub, so take this with a grain of salt.

You managed to get nearly all your points wrong. I won’t waste my time with such posts and will leave this task to more patient posters…
SC2 is something more than Unit-Tester Online.

1 Like

I could agree with you if you join and support “make adept great again” community. It will solve all your issues with zealots.

1 Like

Good idea! Adept costs gas (a constant fixture for whineterrans)…It’s completely lost the irony to those people that a ranged unit that fights ground AND air (including Carriers) costs exactly…0 gas.
And still you can not find a single protoss-poster that b.itches and moans daily that: Marines should cost gas…

3 Likes

I’m sorry if I offended you in some way, because the way you are saying is almost on personal level.

So who ruined everything? Maybe those Terran mech whiners?

1 Like