I told you so about Protoss

Why all last year Protoss denied that their race was broken? Because Maru used 1 build that worked and is now nerfed? If Protoss was so OK they wouldn’t be receiving those nerfs now.

Can we start listening to a common problem when it is coming from pro players and players, and not because all Terrans are magically whiners (dare they say anything about balance) but because the problem was REAL?

Protoss kept denying what I’ve been saying many times, they continue getting nerfs and to get in good relations all they had to do was accept that they were strong, like we can accept certain things,

Protoss be a man (pun intended… if they have man features), accept you had strong times. Will you confess now? Or do we wait for the moment to turn the tables, Protoss to feel UP and to say : Nah l2p, you are just whiners

24 Likes

You know what’s funny?

The whine about Protoss won’t stop. Never will, never won’t. Terrans will just find next thing to whine about, no matter what the state of the game is.

35 Likes

And I would not side with such opinions, too early to tell but the changes seem enough to leave the rest to the effort

I stand here with 1 hour slept in 40 hours.

Stayed awake 24 hours, slept one hour, was called, and had to wake up, and haven’t slept again yet.

Now I’m too tired to sleep.

Protoss has had some strong times on ladder, and really this has been throughout all of SC2. When I first starting playing SC2, all protoss had to do was survive until deathball and it was automatic win. They also had 4 gate.

Even years after, they have so many ways to win. Late game has always supported them, and even though I do believe terran now is much more on par than ever late game, you still have to outplay your opponents.

As someone who does play random, I can understand many of the problems all races face, including protoss. It doesn’t feel good to lose to MMM. But as protoss, you really shouldn’t unless the terran drop mutitasking is out of this world.

8 Likes

Nope, I’ll just continue being glad I jumped ship and changed to terran. At this rate I’m going to run out of ways to lose TvP ever, keep it up guys!

4 Likes

Can you blame them? With a balance team like this, it’s like having your own personal anti Protoss genie. May as well complain about everything. Freaking assimilators have been nerfed more than infestors, lol.

It’s amazing that people can still take this game seriously.

17 Likes

+1, very accurate and fair assessment. My experience off racing as Protoss confirms this.

2 Likes

terrans whining even when protoss gets nerfed???

12 Likes

Guess we will see less protoss players on ladder. The zealot change will affect the game a lot.

5 Likes

It’s the beautiful thing about whining non stop for ten years and counting, eventually the while will coincide with an actual period of imbalance, and you get to crow about “being right all along.”. a broken clock is right twice a day and all that.

It would be so much easier to identify actual imbalances in Terran MUs if complaining wasn’t the default state.

8 Likes

the zealot change is serious stuff

2 Likes

The problem is players confuse design issues for balance issues frequently and demand balance fixes when there is no need. Now, there clearly is a need, but I don’t know if the balance team is over buffing Terran and over nerfing Protoss. The EMP buff from 1.5 to 2 radius and WP pickup range nerf from 6 to 5 are good and necessary, but outside of that it is difficult to ascertain if the other changes are required IMO.

4 Likes

A thread started by a terran = whining, that’s how we generate terran whiner numbers

3 Likes

Fling enough crap at the wall and some of it is bound to stick. Accuracy is what matters and no, 0.0000001% accuracy shouldn’t merit a brag thread.

8 Likes

I didn’t think I could roll my eyes harder, but here we are.

4 Likes

It is more about ‘accept your broken state till now’ Protosses, than bragging. If I have to brag, I called out Protoss back in September 2017 when the removal of MSC was on test mode and I already saw the huge difference of the race and how much stronger they were, then came Dec 2017 patches and Jan 2018. It isn’t about me, although having played since WoL I know when something is not right aside from bias, it’s that all pro Terrans were called whiners and all terrans, now what will ya say huhuh

Typically when someone is proven right, they are bound to be listened more next time. In contrast here, even if you proove 100 times you are right some deniers, they won’t change their church

3 Likes

Why don’t you play Protoss then?
I’m sure it will be easy . . .

5 Likes

If anyone would know about that tactic… Found your expertise.

1 Like

So true. Protoss has been so OP throughout all this time. The funny thing is, the PPP continue to claim Terran and Zerg were OP in the last few months, even though it was obvious that Protoss was OP during all that time.

1 Like

Whiners always claim other races are easy yet they’re all afraid to play them and be proven wrong.

7 Likes