I told you so about Protoss

Zerg separates itself from the other races and they have less AoE in general. It can be done.

Now, nothing is impossible. Maybe is the nostalgia speaking but i would prefer to have BW in SC2 engine (with correction due to differences in engines and other factors) and freeze the game for 1-2 years. Balancing would be achieved in the map-making process.
That would have a side-effect bonus of reducing the whine. You can’t generate 4 patches in a month but 4 Maps (or 14) is quite possible.
Just my dream.

Well, sounds interesting. Nostalgia is always an interesting phenomenon, that’s for sure.

Protoss balance was fine, and is now underpowered with the current proposed changes.

Any Terran that complains about AOE should have their thors, libs, tanks and widow mines removed. Although the terrans that complain about AOE probably wouldn’t notice because they’re not using the entire tech tree anyway.

3 Likes

Protoss AoE is ridiculous.

You are gold what do you know about this game ???

And wht’s more ridiculous is that 2/3 of Terran-AOE is AI driven, freeing the whineterrans to manage their bio-s.hit around. Look how they QQ about Ghost that is one of terran few units with Protoss-like management…
And those pampered losers are asking for more AOE.
Unbelivable!

3 Likes

LUL.
Protoss AOE is like the most counterable thing ESPECIALLY as terran.
HT ? Simple just use ghosts, but since you are a pampered baby blizz will keep nerfing the sh1t out of HT to make you guys happy massing marines.
Collosus ? Oh oh guess what you have the best collosus counters in the game LIBERATORS AND VIKINGS WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT.

Disruptors ? Same sh1t just build liberators and don’t be retarded.

3 Likes

Since late 2017 I told that protoss was broken.

There was a time that oracle hit before terran even had 6 marines, you couldn’t differentiate proxy robo and proxy stargate in time going for a fe, oracle did way more damage than banshee, widow mine was nerfed but oracle was kept intact, marauder did 2 shots and was more of a kiss against zealot, global recall, lets not get started in the chrono and upgrade departament…

Some Nerfs came and the game was still broken but somewhat balanced around proxy gameplay. Then cyclone was re-designed, so chrono and upgrades were still broken. Nerfs were still needed.
And in late 2017 and early 2018, PPP was still defending this broken race. You cannot expect honesty coming from those guys anymore, treat them as troll and go on with your life.

1 Like

Yep 90% of sc2 community is delusional and you have to get on circle jerking train, otherwise you are whinner, i remember demuslim explaining on tl constructively issue about tos and instantly someone called him whiner, while he provided reasons and facts… Sc2 community is just 90% idiots and delusional people… Game is balanced it is you… Ofc you can improve, but balance matter at the same time, you can’t outplay certain things. And if you are on same skill, it is not likely that you will be play 10 times better than your opponent. It is not like maru can play 2 times better than stats… Only about 10-30% better… Balance matters even in bronze… And it is not fun play game, if it is not fair…

1 Like

The oracle build time needed to be nerfed because chrono made it come faster than terran could make 6 marines. Proxy stargate at the begining of the patch was broken.

I mean, it was so broken that 3 days later terran found out a counter and they were ahead. But yeah as usual, better cry for nerfs rather than adapt and overcome.
Not to mention the nerf to revelation, statis ward, oracle’s damage, stasis ward versus larvas. But yeah I mean oracle was buffed right?

2 Likes

You are a complete liar madafaka Im not even gonna waste much time just this - MSC removal is nerf but you got buffs that outnumbered the nerf by a lot, Carriers were too strong, Tempests were till they nerfed their speed, Stalkers were very strong in December 2017

Oracles were buffed in Dec 2017 I never had an Oracle before my mine all 2017, once this patch happened I had it, they nerfed it (or chrono or whatever helped it come faster)

But balance only affects TOP players blah blah blah

If you had BALLS to say yes Protoss was strong in early 2018 now they are not OP, I could agree but nope - deny deny deny deny, what else to expect from a puss

Yes oracles were buffed of course man :slight_smile: so much so that they nerfed the build time, nerfed the chronoboost and then made the build time the same as before. BUFFS to terrans LUUUUUUUUUUUL

1 Like

In terms of ease, HT>>>>>Ghost usage.

Disruptors arent particularly fair in any matchup. No units should work as a “comeback” unit when one player has worse economy, army combinations, etc. and then have a fairly decent chance at winning.

LUL, was not your troll-friend Miro just an hour ago gloating that WM were “fair” because they required to draw some micro from Protoss/Zerg?
I am more at ease with 24-carat morons (:rat:) that pass the time switching accounts in oder to maximise their chance of reporting people, than 24-carat hypocrites of the Miro-type.
How about having a switchable Disruptor with both modes (actual and explode-on-contact)?

1 Like

Problem isnt that it is not counterable, it is, problem is protoss has faster natural than it is supposed to and than fully saturated third when yours just finished, you playing with less everything, since from economy you get ahead in every ascpect, protoss can make 10 mistakes and it doesnt matter, because you ahead in the game from start, without doing anything in the game to deserve lead…

And again, I ask the question - why should one race be required to micro while the other race doesn’t have to at all? Why should a terran player be forced to micro while a zerg player or protoss player can a-move through their army (assuming that the widow mine didn’t exist ofc - I’m not saying they do that now).

The reason it’s fair is because it evens the micro requirements somewhat rather than having it skewed heavily in favour of one race.

Pot, kettle. How am I a hypocrite, exactly? My reasoning is clear and sound in most instances, and if someone can convince me I’m wrong with sound arguments and reasoning, I’m happy to admit I am.

I have my biases, sure, but I do my best to limit those and look at things objectively. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you look at something objectively at all.

1 Like

Simple, the micro difference is not only at the receiving end but what’s more important at the other end.
Are you going to tell me that plant-and-forget invisible WM’s that are AI driven are the same as managing 6-8 Disruptors?
Even Stats/Zest can’t fire Novas while doing a Storm-Drop at the other end of the map.

Attention is a finite resource.

Are you telling me a terran player can split and dodge 6-8 disruptors whilst also splitting and dodging storms at the same time? No, not at all.

I’m not suggesting these are the same thing by any means. But doing a bane runby on a base and doing a widow mine drop on a base is certainly similar and of similar effectiveness.

And in terms of micro and counter-micro, engaging into an army with an a-move versus having to split, emp, stutter step etc is very different compared to adding widow mines into the equation where both players have to counter-micro the opposing army. Zerg/protoss have to bait, destroy or split against the mines while Terran have to keep the mines from going off as well as having to split and stutter step to avoid banes or disruptor/storms.

I completely agree that Terran has some set and forget things (liberator harass in particular comes to mind) and I’m not trying to make an excuse for that, but that also means that the AI can be exploited if you have an idea of what it’s going to do.

In some instances, like with the liberator, the AI is to smart for its own good, targeting things that are of the highest priority, rather than the thing that is the most dangerous to it in particular (IIRC, they will target templar instead of stalkers if templar get in range, but I’m not sure if that has to do with the liberator AI or the HT’s natural targeting priority).

In other instances like with the widow mine, you can easily predict and manipulate the AI to your advantage - all the more because it will show you which unit it’s targeting before it attacks - allowing for easy baiting and counter-micro opportunities.

2 Likes