I told you so about Protoss

It’s kind of paradoxical thing because Toss players are forced to use Colossi vs Terran but the very existence of the Raven totally nullifies the Colossus as a unit.You have to endure multiprong harassment,barely defending strong timing attacks with little army only to build up your Colossi count and move out.For what?To have all your Colossi/Ruptors shut down and get walked over by bio?If this patch goes through,the gateway style will finally RIP and what are Protosses supposed to do vs Terran?Carriers?Pffff…man im so glad i switched races.

I would very much like to know what Terrans think about the Raven in TvT?

2 Likes

im confused, what exactly about the patch will break terran?

1 Like

Both a and b have merits, personaly i think that it is not a matter of A or B but some A and some B in different proportions.
If you chose to believe that the preponderance of whine in terran camp is due to poor terrans being UP, good for you.
Facts are here to stay and require an explanation. Yours is as good as mine (in your opinion).

i have no clue what that means, can you put it in simpler terms? i asked how terrans are more likely to be whiners

1 Like

Sorry bro, i can’t. You can dig in the old forum my take on the problem that caused to be charged with Terran-Suffering Denial and banned for a month.
Maybe you can give your explanation and prove me wrong?
I would love to.

i dont even understand what your arguing points are how can i prove you wrong? you say terran players are more likely to be whiners but dont even explain your thought process

1 Like

You can begin by stating if you agree or disagree that in the terran camp are more whiners than in Protoss and Zerg camps combined.
If we do not agree on this point every tentative to go beyond is pointless.
And by the way: it’s not a walk in the park to explain Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle to people without proper education in Mathematics and Physics.

ok i do agree, but why do you think that is

Thank you Mods! for making this forum a reasonably respectful place.

…where i can spew terran venom without retribution but when somebody returns the favor…get banned.

P.S Try Dworak next time.

Haha. Well no. It’s actually about trying to think like an adult would instead of tying yourself to the lore of what a Protoss is(or how powerful you gotta feel). This is about base reality here folks, SC2 is an actual machine learning tool to accomplish some good in this world. If you like Protoss be an amateur, and have fun!

But there are real honest to god Professionals and I’m not talking about esports. People with with PhD in some really complex stuff that work on this now.

I think it’s time to think about what SC2 really is instead of worrying so much that you will not be able to win it anymore. the real story is NO ONE can beat the A.I. now.

Lets take this in stride and try to make this world better for those that want to stay in it. We can work together now and make some real progress

As soon as we have real Artificial Intelligence it will turn us into slaves. That is if it doesn’t figure out how to self replicate. Not all of us will be lucky enough to survive as slaves.

I’m talking real Artificial Intelligence not the fledgling A.I. playing Starcraft.

you could be right. But military preparedness is sometimes key to survival. and we might as well crowdsource something that every one of us can contribute to and appreciate before it becomes a doomsday scenario

That would be not the first time in the history where the “cure” resulted worst than the disease. At a certain degree LFOD has a point (though no-one can foresee what is reserved for humanity at hour X).
It’s a philosophical question with real-world implications. We tend to project our anthropocentrism to different species and …things.
The concept master/slave is a human concept, different entities have different approaches.

The fix isn’t easy. All I know is that protoss is one beg AoE fest. Tweaking disruptors and storm would have been a much better start than tweaking zealots.

1 Like

And by “tweaking” you mean tweaking in the meaning of a standard dictionary, or in the terran dictionary that means straight-nerffs?
You would be not the first: the MoronTeam the heavy-nerffs is in the habit of calling “changes”…

I think disruptors were a mistake in the game to be honest. Protoss wasn’t lacking AoE, so why they added a unit that only deals AoE and acts almost solely as a “come back” unit is beyond me.

I don’t know the answers to fixing protoss. Not a lot of people do. I’ve played protoss and lost to MMM because I didn’t have enough storms. I also smashed terran armies by using storm.

It seems like the terran MMM counters toss too hard without storms, but once with storms, toss counters terran MMM too hard.

If you balance out those two exchanges, I think we would see much better progress towards balance.

1 Like

I understand your position and think that part of the frustration of Terrans in fighting Protoss derives by the Protoss WMD (Storm/Disruptors) that can in a short time deal catastrophical damage.
The thing is (in my opinion) that Disruptor and in a lesser extent Storm are unreliable weapons. They can cause a damage that goes from 0 to lethal, in contrast with a reliable type of unit (Zealot, stalker, Adept etc) that have a fixed DPS.
So, a protoss can go both extremes: he can fall-flat (failed Storms or Novas) or stemroll the opponent in a terrible way.
All this is because the rest of the Protoss units are just expensive junk and have no chance in Hell to resist a terran push.
The nearest terran spell that resembles this dynamics (to a certain extent) is a Nuke that targets a protoss deathball: in 99% of the cases it will fail (Ghost killed or army moved), but if it centers than little will survive.

2 Likes

Right, basically Terran steamrolls too hard without the protoss AoE. With protoss AoE, protoss steamrolls too hard.

It’s this dichotomy that I would like to see changed.

1 Like

Yes, that can be achieved with nerffing Storm/Disruptor and buffing all the rest, but i am afraid that such approach will eliminate the gap between the races.
We can end-up with two kind of terrans just differently skinned. I know, that is an extremely difficult task to find the right balance between consistent and inconsistent damage-dealers.

1 Like