I told you so about Protoss

I have yet to see a terran that considers Protoss nerffs and terran buffs…“unnecessary”.
Sure bro, zealot nerff is equivalent with Zealot costing 150 minerals…this will not stop your ilk in two week time to cry and lacrimate to further nerff protoss…

Keep gloating.

2 Likes

I don’t care what they think. I trust the balance team knows what it is doing and will only patch what is needed. If not then they will have to fix it eventually if Protoss under performs.

2 Likes

Saying “i told you so” just makes you look like a douchebag whether its justified or not.

4 Likes

This.

Speaking from a PVZ point of view, ranged pickup on warp prism was way to strong. But in saying that, protoss does need help against zerg in the late game situation.

5 Likes

Protoss has also had the worst times of any race on ladder - check the start of LoTV. Overall, Zerg has been the strongest race on ladder for almost the entirety of SC2.

Protoss hasn’t actually had the strongest super late game in a VERY long time. Infestors have always been a reliable answer to any late game Protoss composition because of NP; When protoss late game was considered “OP”, most Zergs, even at the pro level, just didn’t bother, or started late game transitions too late, and you need more infestors than can be reasonably produced quickly - but that’s more a result of hydra/bane or mass roach being such effective strats vs Protoss than because Zerg late game was actually worse.

The reason the “survive to deathball” strategy works is because Z/T throw units at the protoss trying to prevent it. If the protoss is trading efficiently while also teching more, it’s expected that there comes a point where they can push across and win while their opponent is trying to transition. The reason Carriers got nerfed initially was because they were too strong specifically at that stage (regardless of what the patch notes said - that was the point where carriers were a problem, and where games involving them usually ended).

If things go long enough for Terran to make a BC/ghost/viking transition successfully, Protoss loses any late game advantage it had in the match up, though that transition is difficult to make.

Eh, this is a silly statement considering pro play has often favored Terran, and currently at the top of the pro scene, things aren’t that far in Protoss favor in the match up.

It’s no harder for Terran to drop multiple locations than it is to defend against it; if anything, it’s harder to defend against, because doing so is reactive play, so saying that Terran multi-tasking needs to be better doesn’t really make sense. The only time where Terran is at any real disadvantage in terms of control is in straight up fights where they need to control bio vs AoE, especially if they’re lacking on ghosts/vikings.

3 Likes

Because I already have as offrace, and even though I would still need a lot of games to get used to the race, after 1000 games I’d be further than Im with Terran, like many other examples. But Im no race switcher. And after the patch, take your race I don’t need it.

The time when this race was broken was from Nov 2017 to now. Now you don’t see proxy shield battery tempests every game, or other such.

2 Likes

But it is OP…easy, free win. No? Hm…

4 Likes

Except Blizzard pretty much said in the balance update that they are nerfing toss bc Protoss is annoying, not because they’re strong…

Honestly I feel like the terran whiners misplace their anger. It’s zerg they should be complaining about, zerg keeps getting buffed and they won 2 out of the last 3 WCS…

3 Likes

So true. This is why ShowTIme said Terran was harder to play than Protoss. Protoss is the easiest race in the game now. If you pick Protoss, you get a free win LUL

1 Like

If it’s so op, why hasn’t there been a Protoss gsl champ in 3 years?

If it was that op, I bet a player like classic or stats could have easily beat maru

2 Likes

I like wine; wine and cheese.

1 Like

Oh now you trust the balance team after they do what you wanted. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

speaking from a causal toss, if blizzard is considering causal players opinion that is. Then consider this, from plat to master, toss population is 28%,26% and 29%. tell me why blizzard would want to nerf a race that is already in rough shape?

I have jet to see a terran think that terran buffs and protoss nerffs are not a reasonable stuff…

1 Like

All I wanted was late game TvP improvement and that happened via the EMP radius buff and I was a big proponent of the warp prism range nerf from 6 to 5. Everything else, I am unsure about. Maybe it is overkill, maybe it is not. They have botched balance and design in the past, but they have made good decisions as well so it is hard to say tbh.

1 Like

I think a lot of people are frustrated with game design where the reward does not reflect the risk a’la Warp Prism dropping 10 Zealots into your base. The race has a lot of design features that feel crappy to play against. Not unbalanced per se, but frustrating. I think it’s important to read between the lines of these complaints.

2 Likes

I was talking about more from a TvP standpoint, in which protoss has always been just A.O.K

Easier said than done. Ghosts are just an awful unit to learn how to use well. It’s a great unit if you have 300 APM and are near pro level. Anything less, I’d rather choose to micro the protoss army as opposed to microing the terran army with ghosts any day.

Nah, I’ve played both sides of the coin and would rather defend drops as protoss than do them as terran.

I think AoE for protoss is a problem. All their units are AoE based. Protoss needs good units, but not good “AoE” units. They have enough of that as it is and its not particularly fun to face a race with so many AoE units.

1 Like

Is irrelevant and it doesn’t prove anything.

2 Likes

LOL, maybe that AOE over-reliance is because all our units are low-dps expensive junk?
Only last month we had two of our best units nerffed (Immortal and Zealot).

1 Like

I do find it weird zealots were nerfed while, say, storm, was not.