Gsl - a balance discussion

THEY DID IT AGAIN :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Clown toss Trap just choked in the finals again. Unbelievable. The only reason he lost is because he was honestly terrible.
Even for a Protoss player, that was pretty bad. He made so many bad mistakes. A pro player not even able to see a nydus IN PLAIN SIGHT. I think the worst part of it is that he still got into the final with such terrible skill. Just goes to show it doesnā€™t matter if you get outplayed 3-1 by your opponent if you play Protoss. Your opponent needs to outplay you 10 to 1 to beat you. Disgusting :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

stop. trying. to. have. balance. discussions. for. a. game. that. is. not. being. balanced. THERE I SAID IT.

1 Like

Love when every lost game must be a choke, gotta discredit players instead of congratulating the winner.

7 Likes

Itā€™s a ā€œchokeā€ when the player that is winning has to search high and low for a way to lose and does. Itā€™s when a player subverts their own ability to win the game through exceptionally poor micro or decision making.

Many of those games were unlosable for Trap then he does an offensive blink, loses all his stalkers for free, and gets his colossi abducted by vipers (canā€™t zone out the vipers when youā€™re too busy f2+aclicking your stalkers to their deaths).

1 Like

OP: titles thread balance discussion
Reality: trash talking a Protoss player
Classic.

Thatā€™s the only thing you guys are capable of doing - trash talking, crying, complaining about Protoss.

10 Likes

Anytime you want to attempt having a real debate, feel free (we both know you are merely projecting and donā€™t actually want a real discussion):

1 Like

Iā€™ve given up after a certain point because you get so offended when you realize I am right that you start lashing out at me when I call out your errors. I donā€™t know where you got the idea that Iā€™m projecting or donā€™t want a real discussion, and I donā€™t know where you got the idea that you of all people are the one who holds real debates, but you need to just wake up. Seriously. If you forget whoā€™s right or wrong for a second, the fact that you cry when things stop going your way is ridiculously immature. If you did that on any debate team, you would be kicked off immediately.

3 Likes

As I predicted.

Queue another excuse in 3 2 1ā€¦

1 Like

I just responded to your thread. Like Iā€™ve told you many times over these months, I often choose to limit myself to 1 response against you and your multiple personalities. And you even are aware of it yourself

Even you are aware that your crying is so effective it makes me not want to talk to you anymore than 1 response per thread.

No projections here - do you know what projecting means or are you just saying it because I started calling you out on this a while back? You really like picking up on other peopleā€™s insults and throwing it back at them huh? I take it as a compliment honestly. It means youā€™re not smart enough to think up of your own witty comebacks. Itā€™s fine. At least youā€™re aware of it.

3 Likes

Your first sentence was literal math denial. You certainly donā€™t disappoint. Thanks for tainting the perception of protoss posters on these forums through association. It makes it easier to say Protoss is way too darn easy to play when people like you, who play protoss, spam math denial.

1 Like

You made a point about the binomial distribution, extended it to 100 games (which you never do), and then started off on something completely different. Nothing about it was math denial. The only thing thatā€™s denial is whatever world you live in.

2 Likes

You admitted several times you think Protoss is too strong in both match ups. Are you coming back on your words ? You often say yourself that even pro Protoss players A-move a lot. And you started saying Ā« ignore balance for a bit Ā». Now thats a clear sign of someone who knows Protoss is op. Just admit it man. Itā€™s time.

Ā« I hate to admit it because a lot of these anti-Protoss guys around here call it out, but I see it too. Too many Protoss players a-move (or donā€™t move) their splash units into death. Not just in this particular game, I see it happen too many times in general Ā»

Also are you saying that Iā€™m the same person as Batz? Because you keep saying I have multiples personalities too. I think youā€™re a bit confused buddy. Wanna take a break? You have Protoss brain after all.

Never said this

I donā€™t say it often, but I recently said I do see it happen in the sense that they lose their splash units in more unnecessary instances than needed.

I say this because you often get angry about balance, so I try to tell you to set your emotions aside for a second to see the real flaws in your arguments before we actually get down to business. Of course, you canā€™t even do that, so the discussion goes nowhere, and Iā€™m not interested in calming down a child.

This was what I said in a recent post. Yes it happens more than necessary. However, it has nothing to do with Protoss being broken or underpowered. Trap lost by throwing that many units. Simple as that. A reasonable observation. To add onto it, when I see Protoss do this, they tend to lose. Thatā€™s completely fair and understandable.

On the off chance you arenā€™t, you are basically the same human beings. But youā€™re not fooling anyone. Any regular person around here knows you are delusional. Some just choose to side with you because you share the same views.

3 Likes

Seriously, I think that Trap is in the final was already ok. Currently he is performing strongly.

But I think Dark was better prepared. For one thing, he also had a PvZ against PartinG before. Trap a PvT.
Another point is if Dark wants to improve his PvZ can play normal Ladder, because simply a lot of P are there. Trap then gets only PvP.

I think Trap has put too much on mindgames or tricky build.
In general, I find the Korean toss sets more on Robo / Gate than on SG.

1 Like

I donā€™t agree with you. The game is not in the best spot.
toss is the meme race.
Pro players regularly make fun of the current toss. from balance complaints in the sense toss is too easy for the strength of comp, to game design that itā€™s just boring to play against toss.
A reason of frustration for pro players because GM is full of toss. Only PvXā€¦ Thatā€™s why some say they donā€™t play ladder anymore.
On the other hand, I also feel sorry for pro toss players. Because they hardly have a way to distinguish themselves from weaker toss players. You can exchange MaxPax/ showtime/ DnS/ goblin with a top 100 barcode toss in ladder game no difference, in Skytoss.

whats the over-under that OP is a terran??

Do you even know protoss exist start from wings of liberty? Pro player make fun because he s pro not like also cant win sky these days while it nerfed shame for your skill

Well terran can run mmm+ghost and be fine till late game against protoss

When the best players are winning (Reynor, Rogue, Dark), it indicates a fairly balanced game. I think a player like Bunny making it all the way to RO4 is probably much more of an outlier than Trap ā€˜chokingā€™ in the finals tbh.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got news for you: Protoss are winning 4x as many tournaments. So if you think thatā€™s fair, you wonā€™t mind if we make some balance adjustments that flip it to 1 Protoss win for every 4 Zerg, RIGHT?

1 Like