Do you think that photon cannons should be able to walk?

From what I understand in beta Starcraft II, there was going to be a transformation for photo cannons that had them morphing into something called a pylon cannon. There is even a half finished model for it in the editor that is basically a pylon with a photon cannon head and colossus legs. So this begs the question. Lets say that photon cannons could get up and walk around kind of like spine crawlers, but they could only get up and walk to places that have pylon fields, would it be a good idea or bad idea?

Evolution of canon rush! :slightly_smiling_face:But i remember beta design

2 Likes

As if Cannon Rush isn’t already broken and cancerous enough.

2 Likes

It would have to be like battery overcharge where it has to be within a certain radius of the nexus.

I was expecting this. It would be interesting to see cannons that can walk through.

Really?
10 years and you haven’t figured out how to react to cannon rushes?

Ya let protoss recall cannons

Why not? No one has ever complained about sport crawlers and spine crawlers. /kappa.

20 plus if we count Broodwar.

Some things never change and complaining about simple stuff is one of them.

Considering even the top tier pros lose to Cannon Rush very often, I don’t think it is Cammy: a gold leaguer on the bnet forums, who figured out how to defend it.

1 Like

Old hooligans like little girls, and you’re the little girl.
You like the challenge and you try to solve it. I don’t really like SM. Of course it’s nice to try it once in a while.
I prefer to do it slowly, slowly. I’m old. Can’t… Oh…Sorry,dude.

“Top tier pros” lose and win with a variety of things.

There is stuff that you can make right and make very wrong if you see what happens and it comes to decisionmaking.

Cannon rushes in general have been figured out for a while now and it is absolutely defendable.

The Dragoon is the moving cannon. They do have the same weapon at least in name :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No they haven’t. Still the easiest win in the game, especially against Zerg.

2 Likes

It could be cool.
It could als be totally broken.

I think the way to address it is to make the setup time for moved cannons like 25 seconds or something. Almost as long as building one on the spot.

There you go

I think the easiest way to lose as zerg is with bad army splits or late roach warren against hard adept glaive commitment.

There are people who Cannon Rush every single game (and not playing a barcode) and opponents know it at the start of the game and still lose. That is how broken the strategy is. I’m talking about 6kMMR people. That is how free win Cannon Rush is.

1 Like

The funny thing is that Harstem MORE THAN ONCE loses to printf in this video you posted. LMAO. We’re talking about 600-700 mmr difference in favor of Harstem and KNOWING his opponent will Cannon as well. Hilarious.

Cannon Rush is broken and easy win. But yeah, Cammy the gold leaguer says it is figured out and only noobs die to it. You talk about splits but you are Gold league you don’t even grasp the most basic macro/micro. Wake up from the dream you live, dude.

2 Likes

Dumb idea. Already hard enough to hold cannon rush.

1 Like

I see you twist everything around.

He is getting tought how to deal with it by someone that played cannon rush as a hard commited BO for a long time, while Harstem never plays against it.

It was meant to be a lessons video, like seeing that he learns the mistakes of his decisions and doing better ones and what the key goals are to play against cannon rushers.

It wasn’t supposed to show that high MMR autowin against it no matter what they do…

That’s not what balancing is.
Cheeses should be possible, same like hard defences and macro play.