Did the maintenance fix anything?

Orbital troopers, mastery/ascension exp?

6 Likes

No, nothing was fixed at all

1 Like

I have Warchest bonus and Stim Pack for Co-Op enabled. Any plans to add more time since I can’t use them? :frowning:

2 Likes

Nothing was done. Disappointing.

Tons of issues with this patch and no response from Blues.

9 Likes

Sooo… Nothing got changed on our normal patch day? That’s… Actually super disappointing. Especially when like… Four or five of their games were all being taken down for maintenance at once.
Only game that ACTUALLY updated was HotS for Deathwing.

tbh, some of these bugs are really embarrassing that they made it to production at all. Like, not gaining mastery experience? A single test game would have revealed that as an issue. The bugged trooper orbital drop? If you have an upgrade that flat out does nothing, that’s a sign you needed more QA testing. I would think they would be testing Mengsk a whole bunch during his development, how did no one notice that the upgrade wasn’t working? It’s kinda amazing that no one noticed some of these during development.

10 Likes

It’s not that simple. It could be that some code got tweaked or accidentally left unfinished/broken. It happens all the time.
I know that when I’m coding my mod for another game that the code will either not function, crash the game, or not load properly because I accidentally tweaked something without correcting it, goofed up a letter, forgot to properly close my code block (or just didn’t close it properly due to not watching my code block’s start and end), or was missing a variable or symbol.

These kinds of issues do not happen all the time. smh stop lowering the standard on these lazy dudes.

4 Likes

It does, actually. Look at how many new titles come out that are buggy as hell day 1. Or games that get updated and have bugs that are anywhere between minor to game breaking. There’s a lot of them.

1 Like

These issues (bugs) Do happen all the time. The standard Blizzard has fallen down on is fixing it promptly. (they only just started communicating that they are looking at it)

There’s another maintenance on Thursday, this time for a patch, so that one might actually fix stuff.

They know:

But it’s taking way too long to fix along with other issues.

1 Like

Source? I looked at upcoming maintenance, and it shows only Overwatch for Wednesday.

1 Like

There was a maintenance for a patch on Thursday mentioned in the EU client. Can’t see it now, though.

So you’re saying the StarCraft II dev team are just a bunch of amateur programmers that don’t fully know how their own game works?

I just checked, the maintenance also had the effect of ending the Mercy event for Overwatch. If you like that game and didn’t get the skin and sprays… that’s not good.

So I bought the xp boost+mengsk bundle and I’m wasting my time of the sweet xp bonus.

So many days and the bugs are not adressed.

Not even an indie company can break their game so badly with a single patch

3 Likes

No, I’m not. I’m saying that they are only human, and humans make mistakes. No programming team is perfect, especially when the team just had MASSIVE cuts.

Ah. I checked the NA Support page and it said nothing of it.

Oh definitely, issues like this happen all the time. I’m a software developer myself, random bugs get introduced into code by accident all the time. The issue is that they make it into the finished product, i.e., they make it past QA and testing without being noticed. I have to assume there is a round of testing before a new patch goes live. And when super obvious bugs make it past that round of testing without being caught, the QA team gets asked some awkward questions by management.

At least, that’s how it usually works. I don’t know the process for the co-op team. But if bugs this obvious are making it into the final product, their QA process clearly needs work.