Bug Co-op Zeratul Display Crash

Ran into a strange bug with Co-op Zeratul and Zeratul alone. Game starts normally but upon Zeratul spawning the game will drop frames into single digits and/or will freeze. Shortly after freezing the screen will go black and the computer is unresponsive to any command or short cuts. Map audio continues to play in the background. Eventually a “No Display Detected” icon pops up and nothing can be done except hard restarting the computer.
I have tried changing graphics settings, using the Blizzard Scan & Repair tool, neither have worked.
All other heroes act normally and do not crash the system.

4 Likes

I’ve had very similar problems but it seems to happen on other commanders and when I try to use an ability. It also happens a lot in arcade I’ve found.

Might want to post this in bug reports, not the coop section

Did you ever find a fix for this I’m having same issue??

Friend having same issue. Doubt Blizz will fix however.

Someone reported a similar issue in the Direct Strike discord. They did a full wipe and reinstall to try and fix it. That seemed to fix it. They also did other cleaning on their computer and removing unneeded programs, and runnimg defrag programs and stuff, so what exactly fixed it is hard to say.

Ok, I found a workaround that seems to work for me
It’s caused by memory issues, so close every other tab/window when you play Starcraft to minimize chances of black screen

In the cases you get it anyway, windows+ctrl+shift+B will refresh the screen, usually taking you to “core out of memory” report. Not ideal obviously, but at least you don’t have to hard reset your computer.