Dark Whispers mission shuddering

UPDATE - with patch 4.12.0, this officially made it onto the Known Issues list. So progress!

[Side note: this has been going on for a long time, so I don’t want to imply that it just recently started]

For some time now, during the prologue mission Dark Whispers, near the start of the mission, there’s a shuddering effect that happens 95% of the time on both my desktop and laptop.

Specifically, it starts around the time that the first Zerg attack wave prepares to move out:

• Mission starts
  • Talis speaks
  • Zeratul speaks
  • The Zerg attack path graphic is shown on the minimap
  • Zealot and Zeratul speak

Then at about 1:57

• The boss icon and path appear on the minimap - shuddering can sometimes start here
  • Zeratul speaks - shuddering usually starts while he’s talking
  • Kerrigan speaks - shuddering can sometimes start here

The shuddering will stop when the Zerg wave physically moves out, which is never at the same time.

Sometime it shudders just a few times, sometimes it shudders for several minutes, and everywhere in between. What seems to be a factor is the longer the shuddering occurs, the more delayed the attack wave is. So for example if the shuddering is 4 mins, the wave is delayed 4ish mins. That can sometimes cause the second wave to move out before the first one even finishes attacking the Mobius base.

Here’s a video of it. I’m not sure why it uploaded so quiet. You’ll have to turn your volume up to hear it.

EDIT: Just to add to the video: notice at the end, because the first wave took so long to move out, the second wave prepares before the first wave even begins to attack the Mobius base.

1 Like

Tried a few things:

When I originally posted this, the graphics were set to Extreme. I changed the graphics to Low and the shuddering was still there.

I also tried while playing offline to eliminate any influence from Battlenet, the shuddering was still present.

Same exact issue here. In my case the shuddering lasts quite a few minutes. I realised that after a while the shuddering does cease.

And exact same thing here as well. Definitely not my CPU (or a combination with something wrong in this particular mission at this exact same moment as the other two posters). No fix yet?