Compiled 10th Anniversary Achievements Tips / Issues / Bugs

I was having trouble with the Distintegration Doctrine achivement, in the epilogue mission Into the Void, but i finally got it. I will detail my “debugging”:

• Killed every structure in the first stage, except the hidden void rift, and every structure in the second stage, and killed Narud, before the 28 minute mark: did not get it.
  • Killed every structure in the map, including the hidden void rift in the first stage, and killed Narud before the 28 minute mark: Did not get it.
  • Killed every structure and every unit, and removed the fog of war to be certain, reloaded a previous save and killed Narud: did not get it.
  • Restarted the game, reloaded a previous save, killed Narud: did not get it.
  • Restarted the PC, reloaded a previous save, killed Narud: did not get it
  • Reinstalled the game, reloaded a previous save, killed Narud: did not get it.
  • Restarted the mission from master archives, killed Everything and doubled checked for structures and enemy units around the map: did not get it.
  • Restarted again, killed every structure and every unit in the first and second stage, checked every corner again, walled out Narud and slowly chipped his health off and checked for new spawning structures, he did not spawn anything, then killed Narud: Did not get it.
  • I got it by: Killing every unit, killing every structure, getting every GAS PICK UP around the map and killing Narud before the 28 minute mark.

Blizzard, please fix.

Edit: i just checked my notes, in the last attempt i left a raven alive, i was testing the autoturrets, i got the achievement without killing the raven, but picking up every gas.

Damn do any of these achievements actually work?

1 Like

There are about 83 of them about 3~4 of them don’t.

1 Like

As far as I can tell only one is completely broken, but several (like 6-7 iirc) have either vague descriptions that lead to confusion, unrelated requirements absent from the description, or just a partially wrong description that either wrongfully forbids or wrongfully allows a unit or practice.

I am not sure about the gas pick up part. But at least what is confirmed is that there is no need to kill every single unit. This has been confirmed through a number of reports of those who got the achievement.

Though the definition of what is considered a structure / report may be more ambiguous.

LOL I’d doubt Tafirol was seriously thinking gas pickups did it, rather it came across to me as a final piece to an epic post that just shows how arbitrary and chaotic the Into the Void achievement is. I can only wholeheartedly agree with Tafirol’s final words: Blizzard, please fix!

EDIT: now that Tafirol mentioned it, I actually think I too collected every gas pickup, then getting the achievement. Maybe THAT IS IT?! :rofl:

Following …

That’s 20 characters? How?

Could you make a video or build order I could follow? I will do the same thing in the editor but have it tell me when the achievement status has failed.

It is an interesting theory. But I am pretty sure, there weren’t any enemy units even around when I killed Narud and popped the achievment. But just as you, I can’t be sure… It would be nice with a replay function for campaign missions right now.

I actually think it is kinda unacceptable shipping this many achievments with bugs. I get that only one of them, has a bug that makes it absolutely impossible to get (contract saviors). But having to circumvent, errors before you can get the achievments is really unproffesional. It would be fine, if contract saviors was the only one. But there are so many unintentional bugs in these achievments.

1 Like

As this may digress relating to the topic, I have created a new topic over here in this new thread.

1 Like

That could be the answer according to the Dig laser-no-kill achivement, but the bonus untargetable things count as kills.

for the Preemptive Strike achievement on the Media Blitz mission, it says that you need to kill 120 units or structures to obtain the achievement. But it was 90ishth kill for me when i got the achievement. I think it refers the count of Odin’s attacks. I’m not so sure tho, needs testing.

It IS the answer haha. It has already been confirmed via map editor (as stated in the first post). It basically comes down to how the objectives are programmed. :slight_smile:

Addressed in a previous post here by Leviathan. :slight_smile:

By the way, when I received the achievement, i really took all gas… Maybe all the same?..

I just got disintegration whatever (into the void)
I can 100% confirm you DO NOT:
Need to kill every unit
Need to kill the fleets in the corners
Need to grab every gas pick-up.

I am confident people are killing the last structure BEFORE Narud, which is causing the trigger to not fire. You MUST kill the final structure on the map AFTER Narud dies in order to get the achievement. (Solar lance makes this pretty simple, so long as you know what to do). Either that, or kill a unit after both Narud and the final structure are dead.

I did a little bit more testing in the editor on the topic of contract saviors:
There is a scripted mutalisk that finishes building at about the 3:30 mark. Alone, circumventing that would be doable (speedrun finishes right before then).
However, almost all the zerglings around data cores 2 and 3 are “bully” units, meaning the AI will rebuild them constantly. This is an issue because if you kill a bully unit, the AI will MAKE a unit.

When you get close to the 2nd data core, it will instantly “activate” bully units and start training 1 egg of zerglings. Theoretically, you could kill the egg, but again that 3:30 muta time limit means you won’t have time. You can use the speedrun strategy and attack the core from the low ground to the top right, however from what i’ve seen, the zerglings will start to morph anyway when the core reaches low hp. There is a possibility that even if you kill this core last, Narud’s “let’s get out of here” dialogue will last too long to finish the mission before the zerglings morph.

The editor says it deactivates all bullies in an area when their respective cores are destoyed, but any bullies morphing already will continue to build. I was able to finish the mission in about 3:40.

I believe this achievement would be possible WITHOUT letting the zerg build a unit if

• The SINGULAR mutalisk that spawns at 3:30 was removed
  • The 2nd data core didn’t spawn its bully zerglings.

Still, the best way to “fix” the achievement is to simply add the check for owner of triggering progress unit.

Running with your train of thought, it seems as though the conditions are checked in a specific order (in this case top to bottom). Is there a way in which we can check if this is the case for another mission or something? Then we can perhaps narrow it down to truly requiring the need to kill another structure (or unit?) when Narud is on low health (and the animation trigger needs to be processed).

Please hit me up, when the patch rolls out.

Sorry but do you happen to have a video in which I can refer to?

At the moment I know that there is an egg of lings that will morph either:

• When close to 2nd data core
  • At 2:20 (I think? testing now)

Whichever comes first.

What about the rest?

[UPDATE]
Okay nvm. I just found out where the muta is. That one (killing eggs) is impossible because it is in Kerrigan’s base. LoL

But if you can show how you have done it, I might want to try pushing it to finish before the muta spawn. :slight_smile: