Compiled 10th Anniversary Achievements Tips / Issues / Bugs

Were you guys looking at the Kill counter on the Odin’s UI? Or at the counter on the achievement?

Those two don’t always line up. We saw this on the “Thanks for the Advice” achievement on The Dig. The Laser Drill’s UI would not count the three artifact temples as kills, but the achievement trigger did count them.

So it’s possible on Media Bliz that the civilians don’t count on the Odin’s UI, but they do for the achievement.

Hey Kyrie!

Just to confirm. The achievement trigger is missing a condition that specifies structures only. Thus, the trigger has no choice but to require everything belonging to the enemy be destroyed.

It is the interceptors. They are counted as units.

I was only looking at Odin’s UI counter because I figured that’s all I need to look at when trying to kill required 120 targets, but apparently it wasn’t the case. Achievement says “destroy 120 units or structures” so I guess civilian bystanders fit in that to some degree (despite not being selectable in Media Blitz if I remember correctly and thus not “real” units), but I’m sure everyone would take that achievement description meaning the Dominion forces.

So I have no experience with game development and some minimal experience with coding so take everything I say with a grain of salt, but it seems like a lot of the errors on these achievements (particularly Contract Saviors) are very small, easy to fix mistakes. I get that it slipped by Blizzard when they released the update (Jesus though, there are a lot of errors/misleading requirements) but what sort of surprises me is that there has still not been a fix. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t they just have to edit 1-2 lines of code each to fix nearly all of these achievements?

Very likely!

But typically, fixes (for anything) are rolled out in bundles rather than piecemeal. So it’s certainly possible that some of these are already fixed; they are just waiting for the other fixes which are planned for the first patch to be finished up, bundled and rolled out together.

Looking at the achievement’s trigger, it’s not counting just Dominion deaths. It’s counting deaths of all units that don’t belong to the Player. So that means civilians are included as far as the achievement goes.

I looked at it in-game. The achievement is counting all kills whereas the Odin’s UI is only counting some (likely just Dominion kills).

2 Likes

I was having trouble with the Distintegration Doctrine achivement, in the epilogue mission Into the Void, but i finally got it. I will detail my “debugging”:

• Killed every structure in the first stage, except the hidden void rift, and every structure in the second stage, and killed Narud, before the 28 minute mark: did not get it.
  • Killed every structure in the map, including the hidden void rift in the first stage, and killed Narud before the 28 minute mark: Did not get it.
  • Killed every structure and every unit, and removed the fog of war to be certain, reloaded a previous save and killed Narud: did not get it.
  • Restarted the game, reloaded a previous save, killed Narud: did not get it.
  • Restarted the PC, reloaded a previous save, killed Narud: did not get it
  • Reinstalled the game, reloaded a previous save, killed Narud: did not get it.
  • Restarted the mission from master archives, killed Everything and doubled checked for structures and enemy units around the map: did not get it.
  • Restarted again, killed every structure and every unit in the first and second stage, checked every corner again, walled out Narud and slowly chipped his health off and checked for new spawning structures, he did not spawn anything, then killed Narud: Did not get it.
  • I got it by: Killing every unit, killing every structure, getting every GAS PICK UP around the map and killing Narud before the 28 minute mark.

Blizzard, please fix.

Edit: i just checked my notes, in the last attempt i left a raven alive, i was testing the autoturrets, i got the achievement without killing the raven, but picking up every gas.

Damn do any of these achievements actually work?

1 Like

There are about 83 of them about 3~4 of them don’t.

1 Like

As far as I can tell only one is completely broken, but several (like 6-7 iirc) have either vague descriptions that lead to confusion, unrelated requirements absent from the description, or just a partially wrong description that either wrongfully forbids or wrongfully allows a unit or practice.

I am not sure about the gas pick up part. But at least what is confirmed is that there is no need to kill every single unit. This has been confirmed through a number of reports of those who got the achievement.

Though the definition of what is considered a structure / report may be more ambiguous.

LOL I’d doubt Tafirol was seriously thinking gas pickups did it, rather it came across to me as a final piece to an epic post that just shows how arbitrary and chaotic the Into the Void achievement is. I can only wholeheartedly agree with Tafirol’s final words: Blizzard, please fix!

EDIT: now that Tafirol mentioned it, I actually think I too collected every gas pickup, then getting the achievement. Maybe THAT IS IT?! :rofl:

Following …

That’s 20 characters? How?

Could you make a video or build order I could follow? I will do the same thing in the editor but have it tell me when the achievement status has failed.

It is an interesting theory. But I am pretty sure, there weren’t any enemy units even around when I killed Narud and popped the achievment. But just as you, I can’t be sure… It would be nice with a replay function for campaign missions right now.

I actually think it is kinda unacceptable shipping this many achievments with bugs. I get that only one of them, has a bug that makes it absolutely impossible to get (contract saviors). But having to circumvent, errors before you can get the achievments is really unproffesional. It would be fine, if contract saviors was the only one. But there are so many unintentional bugs in these achievments.

1 Like

As this may digress relating to the topic, I have created a new topic over here in this new thread.

1 Like

That could be the answer according to the Dig laser-no-kill achivement, but the bonus untargetable things count as kills.

for the Preemptive Strike achievement on the Media Blitz mission, it says that you need to kill 120 units or structures to obtain the achievement. But it was 90ishth kill for me when i got the achievement. I think it refers the count of Odin’s attacks. I’m not so sure tho, needs testing.