Compiled 10th Anniversary Achievements Tips / Issues / Bugs

Here’s a blurb I edited into an earlier post awhile afterwards (that I may have not seen):

If it was a disconnect, all that can be done is to replay the mission, unfortunately.

I don’t think that it was a disconnect. I just played the misssion again: same result. I played other missions where I got the achievements.

I gave it another try in the editor. I added a message that would appear if the achievement would have been awarded (if played in the client) and it seemed to work:

I’m not sure why it’s not working when you run it. You checked to see that you didn’t already have it? I once ran one of the 10th anniversary achievements probably 8 times and wasn’t getting it. I just happen to check and it turned out I already had it.

If you don’t have it, all that’s really left is to make a post in the Bug Report forum. It will help to include a screenshot of not having the achievement and another showing that the core’s shields never dropped below maximum.

This is a previously known issue I had myself from my brutal playthrough, the core is being damaged from splash damage like mutalisk glaives or ultralisks/hybrids so no alerts are triggered and the damage is so low that the shields of the core can regenerate before you even notice.

The best way to deal with it is to move your cannon line forward so nothing can get close to the core, if this still doesn’t work then maybe something else is wrong.

I think I’ve just found the solution of the problem: I played the level again without using the speer of adun abiilty “time stop” (German: Zeitstillstand). Then I got the achivement. Somehow using it might count as “damage” to the core matrix.

Campaign
  • Fixed various typos related 10th anniversary campaign achievements.
  • Reworded the “Thanks for the Advice” achievement in “The Dig” mission to be clearer.
  • Reworded the “The Quick and the Dead” achievement in “Echoes of the Future” mission to be clearer.
  • Reworded the “Eat, Love, Then Pray” achievement in “Phantoms of the Void” mission to be clearer.
  • The achievement, “The Great Purge” for “The Evacuation” mission now toasts after you’ve completed the achievement instead of after the game ends.
  • The achievement, “Full Coverage” for the “Fire in the Sky” mission now toasts after you’ve completed the achievement instead of after the game ends.
  • The achievement, “You Must Defend Additional Pylons”, in the “Spear of Adun” mission will no longer fail if a building is destroyed in the post-mission cinematic.
  • The achievement, “Expert Phase-Smith, Perfect Templar”, for the “Templar’s Charge” mission will no longer fail if you use certain top-bar abilities.
  • The achievement, “Big Spear Diplomacy”, for the “Salvation” mission no longer fail if you have the Reconstruction Beam loadout.
  • The achievement, “Disintegration Doctrine”, for the “Into the Void” mission will no longer sometimes erroneously not be awarded.
  • The achievement, “One Shot, One Opportunity”, on the “Flashpoint” mission can no longer be completed by nuking your own units.

Supposedly, but well, it’s too much effort to check especially since they sometimes claim that it has been fixed but has not. :frowning:

I gave it a try by running the mission using all the SoA abilities and none of them caused the achievement to fail, including Time Stop. So it seems the issue lies somewhere else.

I haven’t been able to see this one addressed. But in the “Sunny with a high of 75” achievement in Dark Skies, it continues to say there’s 1 enemy remaining even after killing the mothership. I even built orbitals and scanned all over the map. Nothing. I have the gunblade equipped from the previous mission. Should I restart without it? I even loaded the last auto checkpoint and still the mission did not complete.

Update: I restarted the mission with the plasma gun and victory was able to be achieved.

I know this post is old, but if you suck at this game like me, for the “One shot, One opportunity” (nuke 50 enemies in “Flashpoint”) you can build a wall of 2 CC’s in the top left lane, above where the ramp to your expansion is. There is a spot where they fit perfectly and nothing can slip around them.

Make sure to have disabled every enemy type, snipe hydras and roaches, and mass repair the CCs. You will need 25kish minerals (I did it with 12k and the expansion fully mining) Wait till either 4 waves are stacked or you are almost broke, nuke away. Boring as hell.

anyone have any tips for doing the “Time is Money” achievement for the “Essence of Eternity” mission in void Epilogue?

Double check that you don’t already have it.

I must have tried 8 or 9 times and wondered why I wasn’t getting it. Turned out I did, it just didn’t pop up on the screen like the others normally do.

Slow down the game speed to the lowest you can. Sell every bunker for minerals to start making vikings. Load and lift you CC for the minerals to the north and north east. Stim marines freely to get them where they need to go. Use tooktheredpill (copy and paste that) to see the entire map, then restart now that you know where everything is.

I am not sure about Interceptors being counted anymore (I think I have seen some who say they do, some who say they don’t) but I had to avoid anything from being destroyed including buildings and interceptors (had to use void rays, disabled autocast to make sure I could check them on the 3 carriers you receive at mission start) to be able to get the achievement.

Luckily that was fixed about a month or two after 5.0.8 came out.

The code in red shows that interceptors, solar lance, purifier beam and Fenix are excluded from the failure criteria.

Back around the time it was fixed, I made a test map that people could play that would 1) alert them at the exact moment that the achievement was failed, and 2) it would indicate what the dying unit was. Most of people reported back that it was the loss of a probe during an attack wave.

Thanks for your reply.
I had all my probes in a group (18 probes). None of them were lost. It was the loss of a single pylon or an assimilator that was being counted in my case, so I reloaded a saved game before I lost those buildings and prevented them from being destroyed, and only then I got the achievement. I cannot confirm if all my efforts to prevent any interceptors from dying had any effects becasue none died as my carriers remained at 24 interceptors. if any interceptor had died I would have seen the button to rebuild them because I disabled autocast there.

Hey Levi. Did they fix those new bugs. I want to finish Last Stand on Brutal so I have full on completion for LotV and bid adieu to the game…

It’s been so long!

Which ones are you referring to?

Well, I moved the old school squad from this place to Discord. Kinda grew close with some of them as far as internet connections go. Mostly because of the fact that the Blizzard Abridged 3.5 thread got canned, past login bugs, and really weird timeouts.
Also, I largely moved to AoE 2. It was the first video game I have ever played and it holds a place in my heart for… another reason. And patches come fairly often.

All the new bugs that appeared after the last balance patch.

Still bugged. :roll_eyes:

Salivary Conditioning in Heart doesn’t seem to work for me. Playing on normal and cleared out 95% of the map with Drop Pods, Summon Banelings and a ton of zerglings by 9:10 (like 5 seconds before the third bile launcher drops), which is way more destroyed structures than required.

Seriously the only structures remaining are 2 bunkers in the very north of the map a hidden missile turret in the bottom rigth corner and the miniature base (so essentially a barracks and a CC) on the other side of the bridge in the northeast, how is that not 20 structures killed?