Compiled 10th Anniversary Achievements Tips / Issues / Bugs

Are you just a-moving? You need to make sure your army is fighting together. You have all the pieces, but if not controlled properly it still won’t work. Immortals are fantastic against roaches and ultras, but zerglings will easily overrun them and needless to say they don’t do too well against mutas, so have some colossi and stalkers nearby. Some units are faster than others as well, so you need to mass up and position yourself outside first so some units don’t run in on their own. Put the immortals behind the stalkers and the colossi on top of it all. As the front stalkers get damaged, blink them behind the immortals so they live and can still fire. Target fire is also important, don’t have your immortals shooting at zerglings when an ultra is munching on your nearby colossus. Retreating anything that moves too far forward is good too. try to move up and then hold position when you see enemies. The colossi will shoot them and it will aggro them to run forward into the rest of your deathball. Even if you employ half of these tricks, I think you should have an easy time walking over the zerg.

Draw out the waves. Push forward, then move back + S every step (Stutter step backwards).

Their guys A-move towards you, you don’t have to do the same. If you move back while attacking, you’ll be taking out their guys bit by bit without having to deal with spine crawlers or the entire zerg dps at once.

Best if you have a video clip so it will be easier to understand where you need to change.

did last mision in swarm in 17min, 4 times , didnt get achievement, do anyone know why it could happened?

What was it that you did in 17 mins? The achievement is to clear the three entrenched positions (Zagara, Dehaka and Stukov) in less than 17 mins.

I’ve seen a report that (at least) one translation of the achievement text may be inaccurate, so that may be causing some confusion.

1 Like

in polish version it says finish mision in 18min, so its not a bug but translation problem

Ah! Thanks for that info. I added it to my achievement bug thread over in the Bug Report forum. :slight_smile:

I think I realized what my issue was: I was playing the game on Brutal. As stupid as it sounds, I’ve always done my achievements in Brutal and didn’t realize that it locks the game speed on faster, whereas for Hard and below, you can adjust it!

Make a bunch of units like immortal/colossi/archon/stalker, and then just draw the waves out of the base (step backwards) before engaging the main base, targeting down hatcheries asap.

i read still confused about this achivement… yeah forward bases but tell me how get to them if in my language says before free captive Protoss, polish version so it not possible or description misslead ;/

Glad you pointed this out.

The actual achievement in English is to destroy all Zerg structures before freeing all captive Protoss. There are a total of 3 sets of Protoss captives to free. So as long as you destroy all the enemy’s structures before you free the 3rd set, you should be good.

So I’d recommend that you play normally until you reach the 2nd Protoss captives and rescue them. This way, you will get a 2nd base and also some time to build up your forces. Once you deem it to be sufficient (and have saved), you wait for Kerrigan to move out before sneaking behind her to hit the most forward Zerg base.

Once you get this first forward base down, the Zerg basically comes to a halt. They will stop pushing the Terran base and you will get all the time in the world to mass up and then hit the other bases. The key to note here is not to rush too much because the Terran’s final base is rather well defended and should be able to take 3-4 waves at least.

1 Like

I am feeling a bit stupid. Anniversary achievements shall be completed on normal+. When I use my Mission archive I only have “normal” speed as the lowest speed setting. Is it possible to do the achievements on Casual?

Just one thing to point out: you don’t need to destroy all zerg bases.
I’ve got the achievement after destroying the most forward one (to stop zerg from attacking terran) and then the first one (where the resources are) — and that was enough, though I haven’t even touched the central one.

Achievements require Normal as difficulty, not as game speed. There are no requirements for the game speed, you can do them even on the lowest speed setting.
And no, you can’t do them on Casual. Either Normal, Hard or Brutal.

I complete the Moebius mission in 3.22, with killing the north egg. The issue is that there is an egg hatching at 3.15 at the southern hatch. Is this because I play at normal difficulty? There are actually three eggs with lings at that hatch, the first two both hatch before 3.22.

EDIT: I missed that I was not supposed to kill anything near that last hatchery. If I do not kill anything, no eggs are spawned and it worked. Now completed all achievements!!

I got really mad and I found out that speed options vary with Releases

• Wings of Liberty has slower and Slow option on Normal difficulty
  • Hearth of the Swarm / First Void set have slow on Normal difficulty

“The infinite Cycle” however belongs to Legacy of the Void Main Story and it only has Normal speed as the slowest speed available. Thus the hint to use “slow” does not work.

Well i did in 3.29(no stims confirmed :smiley: ) anyway @ #2 eggs spawns twice once you finish #1/and timed and second one if you kill broodlings+ 2 zerglings/not sure if while roaches, after nydus spawn but if marine stay at maruders starting location than the second egg won’t hatch at least i had this “various” and @ #3 you rush to target without killing anything else, except corruptor if you want/need to, anything else force to spawn eggs @ #3.

Edit:
Hidden Victory (10 points) – Complete the “Amon’s Reach” mission by constructing only Probes and Dark Templar on Normal difficulty.
confirming support forces from Warp-in Reinforcements does not fail achievement even with kill air units.

there isn’t much i thought 2 on begin the less you trigger the better for you
here is video of Nuke that helped me a lot and i didn’t had stims researched :smiley:

well this video is same ^^ like other but i dont get it… i dont understan why he alwas reload.,…

maybe blizzard will fix it… or need wait 2 3 month for next upgrade?..