Co Op and why "brutal mode" keeps getting buffs

To be honest I didn’t even notice Brutal got buffed until someone told me there was a buff patch in June.

As someone said, if you’re having trouble winning on Brutal, try playing a commander with overwhelming offense like Tychus or Zeratul who needs little macro.

This seems to be the main issue. Brutal is too difficult (for you) to be fun (for you), and Hard is too slow to be fun (for you).

I can see where that would be a problem. (note: if Hard became Faster, then it would become harder as well)

PS don’t think you are a noob because Brutal is too hard for you, last I heard the Majority of players played on Hard, not Brutal… its only on the Forums that you have a lot of people that think Brutal is easy.

Unfortunately, Brutal was considered too easy (to be fun) by a decent chunk of people before (not the majority, but enough of the Brutal player base)

2 Likes

apm is not my problem, i am quite fast at navigating the game world. units gather too slowly so i run out of resources and units train too slowly so that i do not get enough workers fast enough. buildings build too slowly as well.

Atleast we know for sure you are trolling now…

Stop trolling this topic. Both you and OP, it’s a simple concept. So many people provided solutions but the only step is that YOU have to do the work to improve.

It’s true Amon got buffed but that’s not going to change. What purpose does your continuous whining regarding this change do? If you can’t play on Brutal or that it’s not fun because it’s too hard then play on a different difficulty level that is fun for you. Otherwise, improve yourself so you can enjoy Brutal.

You and OP are the exception in this case and not the rule. This topic would be more relevant if 90% of the responses were “yeah Brutal is too difficult”, but as it stands 95% are saying “it is just fine”.

Complacent people forever whining about woe is me. Fact is no amount of posts like “Brutal is too hard for me” will change the fact that it is too hard for you. Instead of wasting time posting on this topic about it, maybe spend your time practicing to change the fact that it is too hard. :point_right::smirk:

2 Likes

there is nothing i can do when i am faster than the game.

1 Like

#Iam2fast4game

Yet can’t do Brutal. I hope the moderators silence you, lol.

2 Likes

I didn’t read further. That means you actually noob. Just play on easy. Brutal is for pro only.

i used to win on brutal until they buffed it.

1 Like

If you’re “not a noob” then you would understand why your armies are getting flattened. You probably have a bad unit composition, or bad micro management. Or both. Try not running into their bases, guns blazing, on maps where it isn’t required. Let them come to you. You’re putting your own army at risk without having the ability to remax quickly, and then complaining that it’s too hard when your fragmented army gets steamrolled.

Out of curiosity, how much money do you make playing co-op that you consider yourself a ‘pro’?

5 Likes

Well, if you stream regularly and make VoDs for YouTube, you could make some money off of it. But they meant that people with higher skill (probably around Platinum+ potential) will have an easier time playing Brutal than someone who would be around low Gold or lower.

1 Like

If u play Zeratul on brutal and still lose , it is probably better to not play brutal? …

Yes but definitely no to…

0 causation between ladder skills and coop skills.

4 Likes

So you’re telling me a Bronze league player, who has bad micro and macro ability, would be able to easily and consistently play and win Brutal without being carried?

A bronze player is a player in bronze league. I or anyone from GSL can start there, it doesn’t necessitate the skill of the player.

What purpose does it serve for you to argue the semantics of this? Pro was used to illustrate to OP he needs to work on improving himself. Does it matter if it is someone who is professionally getting paid or simply more skilled?

Or is the definition of pro going to make or break everyone’s consensus here? Does being a GM make you a pro coop player now? Are you such a player that proves your own point? What is with people on the forum lately.

2 Likes

I don’t have a rank but I can - mostly - handle myself in Brutal. I do think there is a huge difference between co-op and ladder and the two leagues don’t have the exact same skillset.

1 Like

Once again BAD MICRO AND MACRO. I look at player, how they play and guesstimate what potential rank they could be at.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m just too experienced, but I walk away from my keyboard when I’m Swann on dead of night or Kerri on miner evacuation. Plus I can finish lock and load in just over 10 minutes with a good partner (because it’s micro intensive) but still just solo ing w Kerri. So I mean just do cheese strats to win on brutal? Or find a good carry partner lol. But yah they both are trolls.

If either of them want help, my email is still cardsoldierwars at yahoo, but it’s still empty so…

Yes because platinum league players have great micro and macro. There isn’t any causation between ladder rank and coop skills. I reiterate. It doesn’t mean a bronze player can’t be a pro coop player or that a GM ladder player isn’t crap in coop. You go ahead and believe what you want.

This side discussion to this already pointless topic grows tiresome. I’m out lol.

1 Like