Co Op and why "brutal mode" keeps getting buffs

Fun fact: one of the earlier solo speedrunners was a bronze league player.

7 Likes

Fear, usually I agree with you, but Sprite said “platinum+ POTENTIAL”, I have to agree with him on that point, anyone who can solo brutal has the potential to go plat+ in ladder, if they can be bothered learning the correct BO/ Invest the time/ like to play ranked.

And yes I also get annoyed by rockslapping “master level” Dehaka players, but potential is not the same as performance…

1 Like

Too much effort trying to justify your lack of skills, not enough effort going into actually improve your performance.

If Blizzard buffing brutal difficulty caused you to not be able to do it consistently, that means you are not good enough.

Brutal is very easy these day. You can actually do it at lv 1 and win. Brutation is where it actually become a challenge and you require a bit more lv. It still very easy sometime considering that I beat this week with Tychus lv 9.

Daily dose of laughter acquired. Thanks <3

As someone here earlier said, there is zero shame in playing hard. I feel the same way for normal and casual. StarCraft 2 is supposed to be fun, if you’re not having fun, you’re doing something wrong.

There are all sorts of resources to use. If you want someone to partner up with on brutal, you can add me and we can partner up. I typically play brutal, random mission, random commander.

2 Likes

Go back and Beat WoL and LoTV on Hard and Brutal.

Come back to Co Op.

Realize how easy Brutal mode in Co Op is.

2 Likes

You all must support Toxic, Hatred, and Hating of other people… Because i’m asking legit questions.

The Ai is favored by Blizzard, not the community, Users are “useless in the eyes of blizzard”

If i’m wrong… if i am 100% wrong… Why is it whenever i try to contact blizzard staff about in game suggestions.

They tell me to go away, and stop bothering them.

I think in all do respect… if the game developers, and staff are too “toxic to begin with” i think my only option is to find another game to play.

I’m not a hacker, i’m not asking for money, i’m a legit community player, i’ve been playing starcraft since 1998…

And ever since 2 came out… the Developers, just refuse to listen to players who have actual game problems.

Look… Ai is interesting and all… but the staff at blizzard has a logic like this

Humans - waste of space

AI - way better then human life…

Now in my opinion… that’s wrong… But because they have millions of dollars… i guess they can do or say whatever they want.

It’s sad that nobody understands, what i’m even talking about… because you’re all blinded by what’s going on around you… and focusing on the game… that you miss what’s really important in life

Respect, Empathy, True Understanding… But from what i’ve seen, and had dealt with… nobody on this game has any of that stuff… so how are you suppose to fix, or correct something… if you refuse to get help.

I got my own problems, but “pretending life doesn’t matter” is not one of my issues in my personal life.

Like i said… I’ve sent in a few tickets about game problems, suggestions… and they tell me to stop wasting their time… I’m telling ya… if i could upload the emails and show you all i would… it’s just a strange world now a days…

I hope you guys never have to go through what i did with blizzard support tickets… and how negative they treated me.

1 Like

Those are quit a lot of words to say “They should nerf Brutal because I can’t beat it”…

Stop focussing on the Blizzard staff and take a look in the mirror, cause what you’re asking for is ridiculous, sorry mate…

So Just play on hard or start asking for tips to improve, cause srsly the problem is you, not the game (only 1 troll agrees with you, everybody else has 0 problems on brutal and actually likes the fact Brutal is more of a challenge…)

4 Likes

I’m not so sure about that but regardless you got your answers.

Brutal isn’t as unplayable as you believe it is; the best explanation is that you simply haven’t reached the skill level required to handle it as well as other players.

And it’s wrong to call others “toxic” when you actually got some helpful advice. It seems that you simply didn’t agree with anything that’s been said.

The whole point of Support is to help with technical issues like player accounts, payments and patching troubles.

Feedback and suggestions are done through the forums.

Quote from the Support page:

Our development team regularly gathers feedback and suggestions from our players’ comments on the forums. Choose the appropriate forum and share your ideas with us!

That’s why you are wasting their time - it’s not the role of Customer Support to be sorting through suggestions and relaying that back to the devs.

I’ve never had a bad experience with Blizzard Support. They’ve solved my issues quickly and professionally.

I would find it hard to believe they would tell you to go away with an overtly negative tone. It would seem that you are exaggerating it to help your story. Also, you haven’t accounted for what you said to them.

I would want to see the actual messages and judge for myself.

7 Likes

Where is the moderator closing down this topic?

OP is exactly the kind of toxicity that poisons the forum discussion, with meaningless whining that has 0 discussion value.

He should be ignored and flagged. Plenty of advice has been given and his stance remain the same - that everyone here and Blizzard are wrong, his clear lack of effort to improve is not and never will be the core issue.

8 Likes

This is exactly why people are having problem with what you’re doing here: “I am not the problem, everyone else is the problem”. No self-reflection, just shifting the blame.

Brutal won’t become easier because you want to. If it’s too hard for you, play an easier difficulty, instead of trying to destroy the fun for those that enjoy it the way it is.
Because you already can choose a difficulty that is suitable to you!
You already can have fun!
Let others have their fun!
Don’t take it away from them only because you can’t join the same “i beat Brutal regularly” club.

You’re using the “respect, empathy, true understanding” words, yet you yourself don’t even care about respecting, understanding, and having empathy for what others say.

They already pointed out to you - there are plenty of people that already beat brutal, and many that think it’s too easy.
But you ignore everything they have to say, and dismiss it as “being toxic”.

It’s clear you don’t want to have a conversation, nor to reach an understanding. You don’t have any empathy for those that can beat brutal, nor do you have any respect for those that disagree with you.
You want it to have it your way, and if everyone else has to lower their standards, then so be it.

If people are being treated with respect, most of the time they will treat you with respect too. Stop shifting the blame, and consider that you yourself might be the reason why you perceive so much negativity around you.

2 Likes

Said the guy complaining that he can’t beat a video game because “it’s too hard”.

Anyways, we were all bad at this game when we first started. It’s a matter of how you want to get better, if at all. Maybe some people get better faster than others, but if you don’t want to put forth the effort, that’s on you.

2 Likes

Customer support is there to help people solving legit issues concerning bugs, technical support, payments, etc. They are not there to listen to your whining about not being good enough to play the game.

You not being good enough for the highest difficulty in the game is not a game problem, it’s a you problem.

Perhaps you should try applying what you said to yourself, for once. You have shown zero respect, empathy or understanding to what me and the rest of the people here have said. Instead all you do is blame us and Blizzard for being heartless without looking at yourself.

Way I see it, you’re the one pretending life doesn’t matter by dismissing all the other strangers giving you advice on this forum.

As Dr House says: Everybody lies.

You sounded like the kind of spoiled child that will embellish something to garner sympathy from other people.

If you are not interested in helpful advice to improve so you can actually play Brutal, why are you here wasting your time?

1 Like

“So I have this giant wart on my rear, you wanna see? Here, right? It’s a wart. What are you going to do about it? It’s obviously bothering me and I need it removed!”

“Sir, you’re at a McDonalds. Please go away, I don’t get paid enough for this…”

“Well no? What kind of attitude is that? I am asking you for help very nicely and you are literally turning me away? I’ve been coming to this location all these years since you’ve opened, but ever since the automated ordering machines came you guys have ignored my problems! You know what? Fine, I’ll just go onto social media and get some justice!”

“Why not go to a doctor’s office and get that checked out?”

“Am I wrong here? Am I 100% wrong seeking help? Shouldn’t everyone be helpful and empathetic to my personal problems?”

:point_right: This topic in a nut shell :point_left:

13 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

What was your win rate pre-buff.

Myself, I’m good, but not some “uber-guru”. As such, I probably lose about 2 out of every 10 games. Every now and then, I drop the ball, lose track of objectives. Other cases, I’m tired and should’ve quit for the night. Or hungry and probably should’ve gotten food a few games back.

1 Like

This is probably a really odd take for some people, but why isn’t it a good thing if there’s a higher difficulty to what one can easily play?

Feel like a challenge, play the difficulty that’s just out of reach.

Just feel like playing the game, play the next level down.

Makes sense to me.

2 Likes

“I can’t beat brutal but hard or lower is too “casual” for me so I want Blizzard to nerf it. All so that I can beat it and get a “sense of pride and accomplishment”.”

before they buffed brutal, i won every time, now i am having trouble on hard.