Co Op and why "brutal mode" keeps getting buffs

play on hard. problem solved.

4 Likes

except that hard also got buffed, so did normal. normal is now hard, hard is now brutal and brutal is the new impossible mode. i could previously win on brutal but, not any more. i can not even win on hard anymore. the game simply got too difficult. here is a suggestion: add a new difficulty that gives 200% experience and reduce the others to how they was before.

1 Like

I just want to point out that when Co-op launched, Brutal was played without any masteries. There have been some buffs, but not enough to offset the addition of masteries. And the original six commanders mostly benefited from revamps.

2 Likes

You could take a moment and learn from all the advice here instead of trying to justify OP, @andreasasp2.

What purpose does it serve to reduce difficulty again? Rhetorical, none. It’s times like these where the L2P sentiment is actual just a wholesome advice and not a mean gesture.

1 Like

They’re just a troll. Best to ignore them and move on.

1 Like

Good call about OP just being another troll account. That aside though, it’s quite nice to see how many thoughtful responses are in the comments.

As much as I hate to say this, getting a good partner to carry can solve a lot of the problems. Even if it’s a “he does 75%, while you’re carrying 25%” type scenario, Brutal does end up feeling much easier than it lets on.

On your own:
-use web pages like: TeamLiquid, starcraft2coop.comm, YouTube videos, and StarCraft 2 Wikia pages
-When playing in Brutal, take note of what other players are doing for their COs they’re playing as, and adapt some of those tactics for yourself

if the OP can do Hard just fine, then Brutal should be fine, since getting better on a difficulty level that he can already pass at won’t yield any more significant results. OTOH, stick with Hard if you’re still struggling with that.

Ok the situation i’m having… I’ve played brutal, i did the 500 brutal achievements, but that was “before the developers started to favor the ai and make brutal super hard”

To answer all of your questions, i play brutal, so i can level up to 1000

My only problem is… I upgrade, i make a variety of units, i research the unit’s abilities"

My problem is, no matter how many upgrades i get, the enemy units 1 shot, or 2 shot me…

And no matter what i do, or what i try to do, i can’t keep my army.

I understand you all think brutal is a cake walk, but you’re missing what i’m saying

Every person, is 100% genes different, there’s no 2 or 3 people alike who play the game exactly the same.

But Blizzard/Activision doesn’t see it that way.

They look at pvp, they look at the korean players, I tried to do a ticket about this game, and some of the things you can unlock, and get.

The staff who took my ticket told me “they weren’t interested in someone having game problems, they literally told me, to go buy dlc and have fun”

And i’m sure i can find the email if i wanted to, but i’m just saying…

I dunno how you all play, but when you are losing units, within 1 or 2 shots… and your entire army is dead 3 or 4 times per game play, you get frustrated.

I don’t camp and let the enemy attack me at free will, i upgrade, i move around, and i attack them, my problem is, no matter what commander i use, i’m useless… i can’t help anyone,

You can’t really get alot of experience on normal, or hard, and the game speed on normal, and hard is really slow.

If they made the gamespeed normal, or fast on all difficulties i’d probably play a lower tier.

i’m not asking for cheats, i’m not ask for hand outs, I just want the Developers to know, there’s alot of users who struggle with brutal, Like i stated in my first topic. every other patch they are buffing the AI, and making the commanders super weak.

You gotta look at it, the way i’m looking at it. I think it’s unfair, i get that they are trying to make the game well balanced but… I just don’t see it happening atm…

All i know is… Whether i watch replays, watch youtube videos… I just suck.

I mean another example that upsets me about this game… Each Expansion, has a banner for all the achievements in the game, if you get them all, you get special banners.

I’m not a noob, i’ve been playing this game since Sc 1 came out in 1998, so i know the game, it’s just it depresses me, knowing everyone in the game, has these banners but me…

When i bring this up, to the game developers, or staff working on the game, they laugh at me, and tell me to stop bothering them.

It’s sad that, i’m asking legit questions, and i just get written off as a loser.

I don’t let people walk all over me, but when people start following the accuser, it gets out of hand. I don’t expect you guys to know what i’m going through, It just depresses me… how this game has become so toxic, and nobody listens to anyone who truly has game issues. It just really bothers me… so i dunno maybe i should give up gaming all together, and just do something else…

Normal is supposed to be balanced. Brutal is supposed to be hard, and people can obviously do Brutal, just look at the posts. It is supposed to be an uphill battle and it isn’t for a lot of people who are that good. Now I am not one of those, I struggle on Brutal, but that’s part of getting better.
What Commanders do you play?

1 Like

These are some classic quotes that just answers itself. Zero self-introspection and forever blaming everyone else.

Here is a great question OP, why is it that everyone’s saying the same sentiment, providing you with answers, and it is somehow only YOU who is having this problem? Is it the game that’s poorly designed if everyone else is having no issue? Or is it perhaps… maybe… nay mayhaps just you?

4 Likes

OP, may I ask why you’re not playing on Casual/Normal/Hard? I play casual constantly and never stop memeing. The game can be fun without trying to make things more difficult for yourself.

It’s in our nature to blame everything but ourselves for failure, and I get it. However at some point you will have to realize that the problem lies with you and your own skill set (or lack thereof), instead of other people - be it devs or other players. We get the same commanders, the same armies, the same masteries, the same enemies as you, and a lot of us make it through Brutal difficulty just fine.

I would suggest start trying to actually get better - there are resources you can use as suggested above, and r/starcraft2coop has a Discord where you can discuss strategies with experienced players. Asking someone with experience to review your replay and point out your issues can also help with the learning process - that’s how I learned a lot of things in co-op.

They stated in their post that they play Brutal because of the game speed. Lower difficulties enforce slower game speed, which can be annoying for people used to faster game speed.

4 Likes

the thing is that brutal have been made more difficult, along with other difficulties. i could win on brutal before without issues but, not anymore. i could also win on hard without issues but, not anymore. i am having serious trouble on normal as well because the enemy have been buffed and attacks more, like they did on hard before. they should instead drop the difficulties back to what they were and add a new difficulty.

There was an interview with a co-op designer that highlighted the issues of making a “Brutal+” difficulty of sorts. TLDR Blizz has decided that adding an additional difficulty isnt worth it.

To me it sounds like you need to improve yourself instead of relying on devs to make the game easier for you.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

3 Likes

the game was made more difficult, it is not my skills that have gotten worse. i still play as well as i did before. it just does not cut it anymore. blizzard have to stop making the game more and more difficult. players without real talent(like me) will be unable to keep up. when it comes to gaming, there is 2 factors: experience and talent. experience can only help up the the limit of the talent. once talent have been reached, there is no way to get better.

Game is more difficult, commanders got better…

All you need for brutal is a “critical mass” of the “right” units, and know and use your commander strengths.

Learn 2 or 3 commanders by hearth and use the given buildorders…

Srsly with enough time anyone can do brutal with any commander.

And if brutal ain’t it for you, Just play hard.

The fact you cant clear brutal is no argument… People like me enjoy brutal/can clear it easily.

So you saying the world should adept to you, and not you to the world? That won’t get you anywhere…

3 Likes

Provide us with a couple of replays, like recordings or something. We can tell you what you’re doing wrong that way.

2 Likes

I thought brutal was difficult too. I asked google how to improve, and got an answer: use hotkeys and rapid fire. With just these two things I got about 500% more effective and brutal is simple right now.

2 Likes
  1. This is a co-op game, so why are you so adamant on playing on a difficulty where speed matters so much when it is blatantly obvious that you cannot keep up with it? If you cannot kill enemies, there’s still an ally who would haul your “terrible character” across the finish line. So why worry about such things when you have an ally who can do the dirty work for you?

2. I used to suck terribly at co-op too. What’s the point of whining so much about the game when there’s other options to learn from? I dropped down to hard difficulty so that I could get my build orders for commanders right then come back at brutal to get it done. I just needed to get my first 5 minutes of the game right so that the rest of the 20+ minutes, I can comfortably chill out. I see that you want to get ascension 1000, so why can’t you play at hard difficulty and get to ascension 1000 if that is the case? At most, it’d take you more games to get there, so what’s the big deal? Achievements are meant for yourself to track how far you’ve progressed in the game and ascension is just one part of showing how far you’ve gotten.

3. Even after all the suggestions that everyone has said, you just literally swiped them aside and still maintained your point, instead of trying to see what went wrong? Why do you bother to put this out if that is the case? If so, why dont you follow what you’ve said and quit? There’s no point talking to anyone who just comes out to complain but yet do nothing. People here want to help you, but here you are being a toxic person and blaming the crap out of everyone for saying that you are toxic, yada yada. So who’s the toxic person now?

2 Likes

The world changes, and those that do not try to keep up with it will be left behind. You are doing the same thing OP is doing: blaming things outside your control as the reason why you are failing.

You don’t need Korean levels of APM to be able to pull your weight in co-op - I’ve heard that you only need around 70 APM to play co-op decently. Planning and execution go a long way in ensuring victory since co-op is a lot more predictable than Versus.

1 Like