Capital Ships vs Primal Kerrigan

Yeah, when im actually wrong. Unlike you, I actually have evidence to support my dismissal of Warfield. Naktul is both in a significantly better position to judge what is happening, and better equipped to actually know if she died.

1 Like

Is any of this relevant to the question whether she can be blown up by metric shizzlemcfizzleton of burning plasma raining down on her from the skies?

No.

She dies.

Did you miss Dustin explaining that Kerrigan is resurrected like the a crerbrate ? a dialogue of her burying does not change the fact that the creators point out that she reincarnates and that the subsequent animations change according to. you are applying particular cases as if it were a generality

So, you gotta blow up all the hatcheries close by. Peachy.

The problem is that it could easily be both and it’s never up for debate whether Kerrigan can burrow back to base. We already know she can from Wings of Liberty.

All that’s happening is you’re ignoring Warfield’s quote and the in-game animations for no apparent reason. The idea that he can see when Kerrigan burrows during Wings but not HotS is just…retarded. Like, you think his troops don’t have cameras? You think he hasn’t fought Kerrigan before? Oh, and there was Browder’s q&a a while back too.

You’re such a wanker to debate against. Fine, I get you that you like your quote more than mine, but arbitrarily deciding that Warfield is unreliable and can’t even make a simple-@ss observation that he killed Kerrigan on the battlefield makes my burden of proof insurmountable. In the meantime you arbitrarily decided your Naktul quote applies to my situation even though it’s quite plausible they’re completely frickin unrelated.

Gradius is Australian or British confirmed?

Anyway, its very simple. Kerrigan reincarnating, especially as a human, is downright bizarre and doesn’t make any sense. We know how zerg reincarnation works, its tied to void powers, which Kerrigan doesn’t have. Beyond which, there are several points in the game, both in gameplay and lore, where Kerrigan is shown to be able to die for real, such as when she is on the Moros or fighting Narud. If the only way to actually kill her was to utterly annihilate the zerg as a species, then Kerrigan needing time to physically restore her body after fighting Narud, and her gesture to Raynor allowing him the chance to kill her, both make absolutely no sense. And as much as I know you love to rip on HotS, even you have to admit that the entire thing becomes entirely nonsensical if Kerrigan is functionally immortal.

1 Like

Reincarnation is tied to the hive mind. Void powers just allow you to nullify it. Nobody is going to claim a Torrsaque has void powers.

Narud: has void powers

Offer to get killed by Jim: consented by Kerrigan. She controls the hive mind

Dying on Moros: The loss is because of the time limit, not because Kerrigan is dead. Same thing if she burrows back to her base.

A Torrasque’s “reincarnation” isn’t the same thing because the zerg don’t have individual personalities and all they need to do is get the body working again. The Overmind also explicitly calls out that the powers of reincarnation he has are specifically a void power, which is why the Dark Templar are able to nullify it.

Shouldn’t matter. She isn’t using Void Powers to reincarnate, according to you.

That would require it to be a voluntary process, which is exceptionally dubious given that she would be making the call while dead.

That doesn’t track, because she has the Leviathan grabbing the silly thing and more zerg are still on the ship making progress.

1 Like

@Gradius

As you well know, I like budding my head in on your argument. So, here I am. I have a couple of question for you. If it’s reincarnation, then don’t she just enter cocoon and re-emerge right where she dies? How comes that weakening Kerrigan in her human form is able to reincarnate while the stronger Queen of Blade burrowed back to heal?

Disclaimer: I could care less whether it’s burrowing or reincarnation. But implying that Warfield doesn’t know what he’s talking about when he says “we destroyed the queen of blades” is retarded. He’s seen Kerrigan burrow before during Wings.

That’s called respawning. Or just mutating a new Torrasque. It’s explicitly called reincarnation.

Did you read what I just wrote? Reincarnation is tied to the hive mind. Void powers just allow you to nullify it. Narud can nullify the reincarnation process.

Kerrigan can nullify the reincarnation process too because she controls the hive mind. Like when she threatened to kill her pet cerebrate in BW.

Releasing your finger while hanging off a cliff is a voluntary process too.

Great, so you’re saying that she should burrow back to the Leviathan instead of us losing the mission? What’s your point?

Tbh I’m not sure what exactly you’re asking me. Her psionic essence goes back to the hatchery.

All that means is theyre using the term imprecisely. Ultralisks don’t have any individuality to reincarnate in the first place.

I did, youre just incorrect. Kerrigan is no more capable of killing her pet cerebrate than she can the Overmind, and the Overmind/Cerebrate’s reincarnation is explicitly a void power. The Overmind flat out says that the reason void energies work to disrupt it is because its a void power.

… And? That it would be suicide was not what was in contention.

Burrow through the ship you mean? My point is that if she dies in that mission, then she freaking dies. Permanently. That’s why its a loss.

As far as im aware, this “psionic essence” is a thing you’ve just made up now. The only thing remotely like that is the Khala, and the actual personalities and identities of the dead Khalai don’t survive, only their memories.

1 Like

Wait, she can’t kill a Cerebrate permanently? What is the point of threatening it during the Brood War, then? Also, what happened to the Brood War’s Cerebrate? I thought she killed it off-screen during the four years gap.

As far as I’m aware all kind of reincarnations happen right where the killing takes place. If Kerrigan reincarnated, shouldn’t she enter her cocoon right where she falls?

Reincarnation seems a lot more impressive than burrow to safety. I just don’t understand how human form Kerrigan could do and prefer it while the Queen of Blade couldn’t/wouldn’t.

I’m not even sure there is a hive mind on the third mission. The Swarm is in disarray; there isn’t really any hive mind to speak of. I mean if there is just Kerrigan and a couple of drone, is that enough to constitute a hive mind?

It died of “natural” causes without the Overmind, eventually. And while she may not have been capable of personally killing the Cerebrate, she was capable of engineering the Dark Templar to do so, or at the very least wanted it to think she was.

Frankly, we have to say it was a hollow offer when they both knew full well the bullet would bounce off her primal skull.

True, but that doesn’t mean Raynor would have survived the chaos. And Raynor dying would defeat the purpose of the mission.

Not sure what you mean here. As long as the timer hasn’t run out, Raynor is alive. Kerrigan didn’t have to be there. Her Zerg wouldn’t attack Raynor, there is no way her control being that sloppy.

I thought the timer running out was what we were talking about here?

Gradius seems to think that the timer is the only reason that Kerrigan would be unable to burrow through the hull of the Moros back to her Leviathan to heal. Im sitting over here giving him a bewildered look.

Don’t be obtuse. Yes, Kerrigan can cut through metal. Are you saying Kerrigan can’t ever revive when on a space platform or any kind of metal infrastructure? Is burrowing through tons of sheet rock when injured any more realistic for you? It’s a gameplay mechanic. :expressionless:

That’s why resurrection makes more sense. Especially when the animation is of her falling down, not burrowing.

Anyway, on the Moros, time is of the essence so Kerrigan is leading the assault personally. Losing the mission because you died is purely a gameplay mechanic. It’s an installation mission. Kerrigan is not going to respawn at the start of the map or tentacle herself back in via Leviathan.

Space platforms (well, platform. AFAIK the only time she fights on a platform with a base in HotS is when she’s taking down the Psi Destroyer) are specifically designed to have structures built onto, and into them. A space ship hull, meanwhile, isn’t necessarily going to have anything on the other side of it besides space.

Also, sorry, but either its a gameplay mechanic or it isn’t. If you want to just call it a gameplay mechanic and say that she could have died in HotS but didn’t, that’s cool, im basically in agreement there. But if you want to say she’s actually literally resurrecting herself in the lore, then stand by it and accept the implications that would require.

You want me to stand by the lore and so you nitpick gameplay? That’s some insane troll logic there. :thinking:

Look, the same exact thing applies to burrowing. Kerrigan can either escape to a Leviathan tentacle or back to some queens. But she doesn’t because time is of the essence in this mission. You’ve proven nothing.