Capital Ships vs Primal Kerrigan

Thanks.

If it is so easy why bother invading zerg worlds?
Just glass char.

Remember those flocks of mutalisks that attack the Dominion fleet?

2 Likes

Because some Zerg fly in space.

After getting space/orbital supremacy ofcourse.

Remember mal shara was still fighting duck outs after the protoss glass the place.

No he wasn’t. He killed her, and she reincarnated. She has a burrowing animation in All In. In HoTS she has a falling down / death animation.

1 Like

Niadra specifically says that she deep tunnels back to base when wounded. She isn’t reincarnating, she’s escaping.

1 Like

Kerrigan as Queen of Blades isn’t invulnerable but is hard to say how much from game and game mechanics can be translated and be similar in the actual lore.

Some parts are confirmed by developers for example, others not. I remember I read at some point one of those interviews and even they were unclear about what is needed and how you can actual kill Kerrigan. They implied is necessary to kill her body (not an easy task by itself) and in exactly same time every zerg hatchery or place where she can reincarnate again.
Then, as Kelthar said, she seem to just retreat for healing in game, isn’t actually killed and reincarnated?

Regarding her ability to destroy space ships fleets that the developers talk about, that is confirmed at least indirectly by couple evidences.
In one of the novels couple random protoss high templars produce a psi-storm and take down a small terran fleet. The Queen of Blades is however way above them as power so should be easy for her to surpass that feat.
Also in that cinematic when she reinfested herself and emerged from that crysalis on Zerus, she produced in a moment of rage an enormous psi-storm of continental size (while sending a huge energy beam into the space). That should be enough to take down even multiple fleets if directed at them, if we compare the power level with that of some no name high templar.

Surprisingly maybe, as she is one of the main characters in SC, Kerrigan isn’t that present in books or comics so her full abilities aren’t too explored “in lore”. Even in Queen of Blades book iirc she is just one of the main characters and Raynor, Zeratul and Tassadar get at least as much presence

I literally just gave you in-game proof that she dies. -_-

Cerebrates reincarnate. Torasque reincarnates. Kerrigan reincarnates. I don’t care about Niadra.

Warfield isn’t “mistaken” that he’s killed her. When she burrows back to base in Wings of Liberty he says “she’s gone underground pour it on troops”. In HotS he says “we killed the queen of blades”. He can tell the difference.

Niadra? Wasn’t it Izsha?

This coming from the man who says that dialogue > gameplay.

I think both will say it depending on the mission.

1 Like

It’s Naktul on the 3rd mission actually.

Then again, if she was supposed to burrow when on low HP why not use that animation instead.

2 Likes

Right, that’s the one. Too many broodmothers.

3 Likes

I thought Niadra is the custom made Brood Mother in that one mission on Protoss’ ship.

1 Like

I gave you both. Reread my last post. She’s clearly meant to die and reincarnate.

Naktul is on crack. Or maybe Kerrigan only burrowed as a human.

Warfield misunderstands then, because she explicitly doesn’t die. Don’t know what more you want me to say. The game tells us exactly what is happening, and your only counterargument is that the character is just arbitrarily wrong because you don’t like it. Get over it.

1 Like

^This is correct. Even when she’s “human,” Kerrigan was deep tunneling back to the primary hive cluster of the mission to regenerate.

She actually does not resurrect like a Cerebrate as far as we know.

No he’s not misunderstanding. Period. Warfield knows what Kerrigan burrowing looks like during All In (“she’s gone underground, pour it on troops”). But in HotS he says we destroyed the Queen of Blades.

We have two contradicting quotes. As per usual, you take yours as gospel truth and dismiss mine out of hand. But the game actually shows you what happens though (Kerrigan falls down). Therefore my position has more evidence.

Naktul also says that Kerrigan’s essence is stored in the hatchery. Which is irrevleant if all that was going on was she was burrowing back to heal. I don’t think the writers knew whether it was burrowing or reincarnation. Clearly one of the writers thought it was reincarnation though.

The only way to tie up all those loose ends is to admit that Kerrigan can both reincarnate and burrow. Or that the lore is nonsensical garbage. I’m cool with whatever option you want to pick. :man_shrugging:

No it’s not correct. See above.

2 Likes

Protoss actually do that on occasion and Terrans have problem to achieve it.

Zerg can refill their Muta/Corruptor numbers pretty quickly. Terrans can’t replace their air/space superiority fighters like that.

The game explicitly says she deep tunnels. That’s the end of the story Gradius, there is an explanation provided already. I don’t care about the rest of your speculation, because an explicit explanation is already there.

1 Like

Let me take a page out of your book then.

Nah, Naktul is mistaken.

I gave you dialog that says Kerrigan was destroyed. An animation corroborates the same exact thing. You gave me some unrelated quote about her burrowing some other time. Do you ever just admit you’re wrong?