Can't start a new campaign and can't delete old files

I cannot start a new WOL campaign. I only tried to start a new campaign because missions stopped rewarding credits… so tons of issues with WOL campaign.

2 Likes

What is going on? Thought my comp was causing this glitch before finding this thread. Got same problem cannot start new WOL campaign, tried scan/repair, uninstall and reinstall, updated graphics card, same problem. Looks like we need new patch already.

1 Like

I am also experiencing many of the issues posted here. Hopefully a fix or reply soon?

2 Likes

I also have a similar issue, trying to start a new HOTS campaign but cant get past the tutorial. When asked to spawn zerglings at the start it spawns zerglings with swarmling upgrade (from previous campaign) and they do not count so cannot get past the objective.

1 Like

If you start the campaign second time, then it works. At least it did for me. However, none of the cinematics between the missions play.

Also, can’t start the Wings of Liberty, plays the opening cinematic, shows Joeyrays at the beginning but after loading I’m on board the Hyperion.

2 Likes

I am also having the same issue where I can’t “morph 6 zerglings”. I have completed the campaign before so would be playing through again. However I cannot progress past this first point as I cannot morph 6 lings.

2 Likes

Another bug, related to campaigns: (on a Mac)

New player and it won’t show any save files, and makes me restart the campaign every time - so no progress saved.

This means its impossible to play the campaign as a new player right now - if you have this bug. It’s really bad for someone new and learning the game.

2 Likes

Starting the “LabRat” mission, also having zerglings mutated already, but try to just options->end->restart mission fixed this problem for me.

The other issue is that cutscenes after missions are not played and I am immediately transported to the Leviathan with a black screen and an invisible Kerrigan in the Evolution pit cutscene.

4 Likes

Yeah I too am having problems deleting old save files and saving over existing files, particularly when going back to archive missions in LoW.

1 Like

Any chance of Blizzard ever, ya know, fixing this? Three days in and it’s still a problem.

2 Likes

Doubtful. Only way to enjoy the campaigns now is watching youtube vids.

1 Like

Well good news, just had a small update install for the game and now I managed to get past the zergling spawn part so they might be working on it although it will teleport me directly to the Leviathan after so that is still not fixed

1 Like

I was able to start a new campaign about a year ago, just came back to play again and I’m affected too. Looking for a workaround, will post to the thread if I come up with anything

1 Like

workaround is to modify documents/starcraft ii folder’s user permissions. allow ‘full control’ for admins and all users and things work fine after that. also make sure to disable updates otherwise it messes up permissions every time you quit the game.

detailed steps:

1 Like

Started a new Wings of Liberty Campaign, It plays the opening Cinematic, then I’m on the Hyperion having just rescued Dr. Hansen. I Can’t Delete Older saves either through the game or in File Explorer. Something about me not having permissions even though I’m the administrator and nobody else uses this computer.

1 Like

This appears to have let me mess with the folder in file explorer again. will update if it has fixed my game

I have the same problem, I started WOL again before the bug and everything was fine then after the update no credit after the missions, the cutscenes are missing and the zerglings that I mute at the start of HOTS are improved.

1 Like

So after Starting my game again and having moved my saves out of the SCII folder to my desktop, I launch the game to find all of my saves back where they were in the SCII folder, still unable to start a new campaign.

1 Like

Got the same Problem, also tried to repair installation,failed. What next???

3 Likes

So, I ended up going to my SC2 folder in my Documents folder. I right clicked the folder and selected “Give Access To”. I gave any and all permissions to edit the folder and then went inside the SC2 folder and deleted the Campaign folder and the WOL save file just for good measure and it worked for me. Starting the first mission now on WOL.